AME M2 LICENCE TASKS

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Hashib93
Rank 0
Rank 0

AME M2 LICENCE TASKS

Post by Hashib93 »

Hi,

I'm new to canada, I have a dgca CAR 66 licence from India, I am looking to get a TC AME M2 licence. I am not sure how should I start? After passing the theoretical exams is it possible to complete requires maintenance tasks from an external organisation? I want to complete the tasks but I don't have a job in Aircraft Maintenance Organisation. Does TC accept foreign logbooks? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hashib
---------- ADS -----------

Choppermech1986
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: AME M2 LICENCE TASKS

Post by Choppermech1986 »

Yes, your foreign logbook will be approved, provided it is filled out correctly and understandable by your TC inspector.

Firstly though, you will need your theoretical training recognised, if this can't be done (and it probably won't), you will have to do the ICS course or go to a school. Frustrating I know, but very doable.

Once you have done the theoretical training, you will have to submit logbooks, this can be a combination of foreign and Canadian logbooks so I would get to filling a Canadian logbook out with tasks on Canadian registered aircraft certified by Canadian licensed AME's. This would be best done by getting work at an AMO. The last step is the CAR's exam.

The whole process should take about 6 months if you focus on it and your experience in India is genuine and rooted in good theoretical knowledge.

The first step is to make contact with TC and try and have your theory training (certificates, syllabus etc) recognised, they should be able to help from there. Hopefully you get a helpful inspector.

Best of luck.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

You should probably just give up.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Hashib93 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:53 am Hi,

I'm new to canada, I have a dgca CAR 66 licence from India, I am looking to get a TC AME M2 licence. I am not sure how should I start? After passing the theoretical exams is it possible to complete requires maintenance tasks from an external organisation? I want to complete the tasks but I don't have a job in Aircraft Maintenance Organisation. Does TC accept foreign logbooks? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hashib
TC has a very limited list of what’s transferable from other countries. Your best bet would be to visit your local TC office and have someone in the standards department start communicating with them. Car 571 has many of the answers you’re looking for. If I was to make a guess what standards is going to come back with, it will be for you to re license here completely.

Return to “Maintenance”