Encore ground school final

Discuss topics relating to Encore.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Papi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Encore ground school final

Post by Papi »

I just accepted the conditional offer as first officer in Calgary and in the email about the training it mentions a final exam. Just wondering how others found the exam and what kind of questions will be on it.
---------- ADS -----------

Dronepiper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Encore ground school final

Post by Dronepiper »

Question 1

Do you realize if your start date is in December that you don’t have a protected seniority # on the westjet seniority list for a future transfer to mainline?

Question 2

Are you comfortable getting $&@$ed in the butt until you have enough hours to apply to any other carrier?

Question 3

Read question 2 again

YC87DRVR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by YC87DRVR »

Dronepiper wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:55 am Question 1

Do you realize if your start date is in December that you don’t have a protected seniority # on the westjet seniority list for a future transfer to mainline?

Question 2

Are you comfortable getting $&@$ed in the butt until you have enough hours to apply to any other carrier?

Question 3

Read question 2 again
HA!

Don’t worry about the exam, as long as you pay attention somewhat they’ll spoon feed you the information you’ll need for the exam. As with any type rating on a 705, you are required yo complete an exam in lieu of the pre-check ride oral exam they used to do. The exams are non-issues and typically everyone scores in the high 90’s, because your instructor wants you to well just as much as you do.

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

Papi wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:38 am I just accepted the conditional offer as first officer in Calgary and in the email about the training it mentions a final exam. Just wondering how others found the exam and what kind of questions will be on it.
It's open book. You'll do fine.

I will repeat what Dronepiper said regarding the shit situation that you are walking in to. It might be better than where you were, but keep your standards high and do not let the company screw you over.

Papi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Papi »

Question 2

Question 3

Read question 2 again
I managed to get in the ground school that they’re having right before they’re making the change. So I would be able to keep my seniority if I wanted to go to WestJet mainline.

And to answer your other question. Yes I am for the time being. I want 705 time and Calgary is close to where I currently live right now so it’s more appealing then Jazz or other companies I feel like I would be able to get.

Papi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Papi »

averageatbest wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:12 am
Papi wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:38 am I just accepted the conditional offer as first officer in Calgary and in the email about the training it mentions a final exam. Just wondering how others found the exam and what kind of questions will be on it.
It's open book. You'll do fine.

I will repeat what Dronepiper said regarding the shit situation that you are walking in to. It might be better than where you were, but keep your standards high and do not let the company screw you over.
Thanks for the reply. I will do my best to not let them screw me haha.

Papi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Papi »

YC87DRVR wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:39 am

Question 2

Question 3

Read question 2 again
HA!

Don’t worry about the exam, as long as you pay attention somewhat they’ll spoon feed you the information you’ll need for the exam. As with any type rating on a 705, you are required yo complete an exam in lieu of the pre-check ride oral exam they used to do. The exams are non-issues and typically everyone scores in the high 90’s, because your instructor wants you to well just as much as you do.
Thank you!

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

Get in. Do your time. Leave ASAP. Pretty much any aviation job in Canada, because you will never make enough of these initial jobs alone to survive. I suggest working at encore you look for a second job as well.

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Apestogetherstrong »

Congrats on joining the gs of an airline which pays below poverty line salaries. Now passengers will be able to tip the pilots. :smt040

Attachments
75B69075-E49D-4897-837A-9947CF0CDAC9.png
75B69075-E49D-4897-837A-9947CF0CDAC9.png (684.93 KiB) Viewed 2951 times
RockSalty
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RockSalty »

Apestogetherstrong wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:02 pm Congrats on joining the gs of an airline which pays below poverty line salaries. Now passengers will be able to tip the pilots. :smt040
Maybe if you put as much effort into finding a better job as you do posting this kind of shit on Avcanada you’d be in a better place by now

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

Yeah i should. :goodman: Thanks for the advice daddy! :smt008

Encore needs more guys like RockSalty. He grooms the cabin too!! :smt040

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

Either no one else will hire him or there is a gun to his head to make him work there.
If its the former maybe he should be grateful someone hired him.
If you don't like a company just leave. No one makes you stay.
He must be a delight to work with.

RockSalty
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RockSalty »

Apestogetherstrong wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:57 pm Yeah i should. :goodman: Thanks for the advice daddy! :smt008

Swing and a miss buddy, you won't catch me flying for a regional with what they're offering 8)

Mountainwave
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mountainwave »

All the questions are either in the e-learning slideshows, the AOM, or FOM. When you receive your iPad, get familiar with each document and the search function. The search function will be your new best friend. As folks mentioned it is open book…. You’ll do fine.

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

RockSalty wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:57 am
Apestogetherstrong wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:57 pm Yeah i should. :goodman: Thanks for the advice daddy! :smt008

Swing and a miss buddy, you won't catch me flying for a regional with what they're offering 8)

:smt014

YC87DRVR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by YC87DRVR »

Why don’t you enlighten us then, who do you fly for that’s so much better?

RockSalty
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RockSalty »

YC87DRVR wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:50 am

I fly for a 703, not going to say where but you don't have to look far to find one offering a better salary than Jazz or Encore in either seat.

Its not perfect and I'm sure the regionals have it better than me in some ways, but unlike our buddy apestogetherstrong I'm happy where I'm at and don't spend my free time posting edited crap to trash talk my employer on avcanada.

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

Apestogetherstrong wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:02 pm Congrats on joining the gs of an airline which pays below poverty line salaries. Now passengers will be able to tip the pilots. :smt040
An obvious joke, but that hits a little too hard to home...

Papi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Papi »

Mountainwave wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:22 am

All the questions are either in the e-learning slideshows, the AOM, or FOM. When you receive your iPad, get familiar with each document and the search function. The search function will be your new best friend. As folks mentioned it is open book…. You’ll do fine.
Thanks for the helpful response. Everyone else on here needs to chill lol

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

RockSalty wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:03 am
YC87DRVR wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:50 am

I fly for a 703, not going to say where but you don't have to look far to find one offering a better salary than Jazz or Encore in either seat.

Its not perfect and I'm sure the regionals have it better than me in some ways, but unlike our buddy apestogetherstrong I'm happy where I'm at and don't spend my free time posting edited crap to trash talk my employer on avcanada.

As far as I am concerned, I am doing the pilots who aspire to join Encore a favour. Im giving them the insights before they join so they know what they are getting in to. Yes, I agree, sometimes I post some garbage on avcanada but it does have a hidden message which most intellectuals get. Mic drop

Return to “WestJet Encore”