Medical Examination (CAT 1) after Kidney Stones

Read and post topics related to aviation medicals, health and fitness in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

sammanzola
Rank 0
Rank 0

Medical Examination (CAT 1) after Kidney Stones

Post by sammanzola »

Hello Experts,

I am fit male who is 40 years old. During my CAT 3 Medical, I was diagnosed with kidney stones - it got detected through microscopic blood traces in my urine. However, I got them removed through operation and submitted my documents and I was granted my medical clearance. Since the surgery, I got the stone analysis and follow a strict diet, I drink a lot of water everyday, I work out regularly to keep myself fit. In my recent routine check up, my blood reports and urine reports are all clear.

Now I want to apply for my CAT 1 medical. I will mention about my surgery as my medical history to the CAME. As a part of the examination, my blood and urine reports will come clear (based on my recent report), will I need once again provide CT Scan report? Please advise.
---------- ADS -----------

Castorero
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Medical Examination (CAT 1) after Kidney Stones

Post by Castorero »

I dont see why you would need to have a CAT scan to show you dont have stones now.
If your urine is clear, by microscopy or dip stick, with no detectable blood in the urine, then that should be the end of it as far as this exam is concerned.

You are already doing pretty much everything that you can to help yourself, the only thing I would add is to check your urine by dipstick at home from time to time, seen as you had substantial silent stones the first time around.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Health & Fitness”