Petition

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Lance rose
Rank 1
Rank 1

Petition

Post by Lance rose »

Any updates on the ALPA petition?
---------- ADS -----------

Straight2Secondary
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Petition

Post by Straight2Secondary »

No update, ALPA is too busy watching the MEC getting recalled at WestJet and losing on every other front in Canada.

Time for the junior 1000 at AC to wake up. ALPA will not save you from the inept P4C.

Dry Guy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dry Guy »

It’s on the agenda for the next MEC meeting (this week).

negroni
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by negroni »

Straight2Secondary wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:09 pm No update, ALPA is too busy watching the MEC getting recalled at WestJet and losing on every other front in Canada.

Time for the junior 1000 at AC to wake up. ALPA will not save you from the inept P4C.
Keep crying. We'll be alpa by summer.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

negroni wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:08 pm
Straight2Secondary wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:09 pm No update, ALPA is too busy watching the MEC getting recalled at WestJet and losing on every other front in Canada.

Keep crying. We'll be alpa by summer.
It is entirely possible that the next time that AC sits down with the pilots for Negots (2023) that there will be a new certified bargaining agent, a newly constituted MEC, and a new negotiations committee. If if nothing else changes, there will still be a new bargaining agenda.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Junior 1000?

I'd estimate that the bottom half of the list, ie.2100+ people, is better than 90% pro-ALPA.

I'd estimate of 2nd quartile is better than 2/3 pro-ALPA and the top quartile is maybe 60:40 one way or the other.

Average that out and you've got conservatively a 75% member yes vote for ALPA merger.

Ratherbe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ratherbe »

Well that’s your opinion and opinions are like farts - you don’t have to share them. Please stick to facts.

Maybe our new P4C MEC can be open and transparent by releasing the last WAWCON results. We were told by the last MEC Chair that the pilot group wanted a new contract BEFORE a discussion about joining cALPA.

Just my observation, not an opinion, but the new P4C has so far done nothing. That’s hardly change is it?

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Ratherbe wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:25 pm
Maybe our new P4C MEC can be open and transparent by releasing the last WAWCON results.
If you want the employer to have the results of the survey, why don’t you just let the employer conduct the survey?

If you have ever served in a representative position or on a bargaining committee, you would understand the logic behind preserving bargaining objectives survey data as privileged.

Ratherbe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ratherbe »

rudder wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:42 pm
Maybe our new P4C MEC can be open and transparent by releasing the last WAWCON results.
If you want the employer to have the results of the survey, why don’t you just let the employer conduct the survey?

If you have ever served in a representative position or on a bargaining committee, you would understand the logic behind preserving bargaining objectives survey data as privileged.
Sounds familiar. So much for change.

negroni
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by negroni »

Ratherbe wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:25 pm Well that’s your opinion and opinions are like farts - you don’t have to share them. Please stick to facts.

Maybe our new P4C MEC can be open and transparent by releasing the last WAWCON results. We were told by the last MEC Chair that the pilot group wanted a new contract BEFORE a discussion about joining cALPA.

Just my observation, not an opinion, but the new P4C has so far done nothing. That’s hardly change is it?
Here we go again.

Blake, Dan, Clark, Mike. Whoever you are, just go away already.

Ratherbe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ratherbe »

negroni wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:57 pm
Ratherbe wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:25 pm Well that’s your opinion and opinions are like farts - you don’t have to share them. Please stick to facts.

Here we go again.

Blake, Dan, Clark, Mike. Whoever you are, just go away already.
So I guess you’re in the “don’t confuse me with the facts” camp? Why can’t the new MEC disclose what the pilots feel is more important- a new contract or a union drive?

negroni
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by negroni »

Well if you actually talked to line pilots you'd realize that a lot, I'd say an overwhelming majority of those I work with want to see us go to ALPA before we spend another second sitting at the bargaining table with the company. And I fully agree.

You are a minority and you can't seem to accept it. Are you anti democracy? Seems like it.

negroni
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by negroni »

Done nothing? I guess pushing MM out along with YUL and YVR, and winning LEC and councillor votes across the country is "nothing". Have you had any interaction with the PBS Committee as of late and the new chair? It's shocking the difference compared to the last Chair. Same goes for Greivance and CMSC. The condescending emails and overall disdain for jr members is gone.

Shit doesn't change overnight, you have to get rid of the rot first which has taken some time. Thankfully the old guard is completely gone now. RG and LRD need to be next. Would love to see the YWG Chair resign too but he won't.

Ratherbe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ratherbe »

No I haven’t had any interaction with the new PBS other than getting my December bid.

Sounds like the P4C are good at politics. Hopefully once they are rid of any dissenters they can produce results.
:roll:

negroni
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by negroni »

Whatever you say.

BlueSkies12
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BlueSkies12 »

You’re wasting your breath Negroni, this is a bitter old man you’re dealing with.

At least it'll be warm in hell...
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I clearly stated my post was my "estimate" - your posts are just all opinion, insult, and crap... musings of an out of touch company bitch.

Ratherbe in management... hurry, go, do us a favour.

Straight2.Secondary
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Straight2.Secondary »

P4C has done exactly what they said they would do

Enact change

New MEC, new membership energy & engagement

Let's keep rolling!!

Let's get the contract we all deserve

Ratherbe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ratherbe »

negroni wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:18 pm Well if you actually talked to line pilots you'd realize that a lot, I'd say an overwhelming majority of those I work with want to see us go to ALPA before we spend another second sitting at the bargaining table with the company. And I fully agree.

You are a minority and you can't seem to accept it. Are you anti democracy? Seems like it.
Not at all! That’s why I would like to see the results of that survey question made public to us. It won’t affect negotiations just the timing of a union drive.

Ratherbe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ratherbe »

altiplano wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:52 am

Junior 1000?

I'd estimate that the bottom half of the list, ie.2100+ people, is better than 90% pro-ALPA.

I'd estimate of 2nd quartile is better than 2/3 pro-ALPA and the top quartile is maybe 60:40 one way or the other.

Average that out and you've got conservatively a 75% member yes vote for ALPA merger.
Ok so if your opinion is so accurate why did only half the pilots in YVR support the P4C candidates?

Return to “Air Canada”