Chartright

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Chartright

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:27 pm
Speed_Bird1 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:33 pm No they don’t. There are lots of variables involved based on the machine, the type of flying and frequency. Some crews hardly fly, some fly a lot and there is a large range in between. I suspect this is why many companies like this don’t have a pay scale. I’m also a believer in negotiating your own worth.
100% agree. I always assume what comes across the table is the absolute best case for the employer and owner. Lots of room for negotiations if you can sell yourself.

It's also important to get intel on who is in the interview pool and how you stack up. The nice thing is bizav in Canada is a pretty small, tight knit community.
It’s extremely small, and in some ways shrinking. Not my cup of tea but I can see why some like it.
---------- ADS -----------

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Speed_Bird1 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:33 pm No they don’t. There are lots of variables involved based on the machine, the type of flying and frequency. Some crews hardly fly, some fly a lot and there is a large range in between. I suspect this is why many companies like this don’t have a pay scale. I’m also a believer in negotiating your own worth.
100% agree. I always assume what comes across the table is the absolute best case for the employer and owner. Lots of room for negotiations if you can sell yourself.

It's also important to get intel on who is in the interview pool and how you stack up. The nice thing is bizav in Canada is a pretty small, tight knit community.
I still think there should be some sort of payscale based on hours, types endorsed on and years of experience. It’s a pretty simple metric, and a starting point for any negotiation.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:01 pm

I still think there should be some sort of payscale based on hours, types endorsed on and years of experience. It’s a pretty simple metric, and a starting point for any negotiation.
That would be nice to see at the airlines.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:18 pm
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:01 pm

That would be nice to see at the airlines.
I think at any operator as a base salary calculated between years licensed, hours on type etc. That would be a starting point of negotiation without a cap. Whatever else you sell them on is all bonus.

TrilliumFlt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TrilliumFlt »

Using Chartright as an example their fleet ranges from the latest Global variant to KingAir so establishing a baseline within the operational range for the makes and models under their care and feeding could be challenging. In addition it's my sense that pilots who understand corporate flying and are making it their career choice are equally comfortable negotiating their own "terms & conditions", they may even prefer too.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

TrilliumFlt wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:39 am Using Chartright as an example their fleet ranges from the latest Global variant to KingAir so establishing a baseline within no the operational range for the makes and models under their care and feeding could be challenging. In addition it's my sense that pilots who understand corporate flying and are making it their career choice are equally comfortable negotiating their own "terms & conditions", they may even prefer too.
Not challenging at all, each type has a measurable DOC. The pilots’ requirements (per type minimums) and level of skill / experience is also measurable. In conjunction with the pilot’s proficiency with each types DOC taken into consideration a rate can absolutely be defined and published.

TrilliumFlt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TrilliumFlt »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:26 am
TrilliumFlt wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:39 am Using Chartright as an example their fleet ranges from the latest Global variant to KingAir so establishing a baseline within no the operational range for the makes and models under their care and feeding could be challenging. In addition it's my sense that pilots who understand corporate flying and are making it their career choice are equally comfortable negotiating their own "terms & conditions", they may even prefer too.
Not challenging at all, each type has a measurable DOC. The pilots’ requirements (per type minimums) and level of skill / experience is also measurable. In conjunction with the pilot’s proficiency with each types DOC taken into consideration a rate can absolutely be defined and published.
Any experienced corporate pilot I've met would far prefer to establish their own net worth through direct negotiations not some "canned" formula. These overarching "catchalls" are the stuff of the 705 world. I don't see a place for them elsewhere but that's just one persons opinion.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

TrilliumFlt wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:42 am
Any experienced corporate pilot I've met would far prefer to establish their own net worth through direct negotiations not some "canned" formula. These overarching "catchalls" are the stuff of the 705 world. I don't see a place for them elsewhere but that's just one persons opinion.
Having a published metric like the one I’ve mentioned earlier would be a starting point for negotiations. I agree about making your own deal. Every pilot is unique in experience, proficiency and types rated on. It’s just a thought, it’ll be more clear what the company is willing to pay before anyone even considers throwing their hat in the ring. That’s my thoughts, and I too am only one opinion.

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Are they still an agusta Westland service Center?

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

PitchLink wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:13 pm Are they still an agusta Westland service Center?
I think so, they only have one aircraft managed under their ownership from what it looks like. Not many of these aircraft in Canada.

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

TrilliumFlt wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:42 am
I think it’s a matter of supply and demand. The key here is to know what’s out there for competition when you come to the negotiating table.

Return to “Corporate”