Ac up gauging routes

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Ac up gauging routes

Post by rudder »

YC87DRVR wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:12 am
hithere wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:35 pm Well then I guess the 17 year contract that we signed in 2018 guaranteeing Jazz a minimum of 80 find from 2025-2035 was actually a wise move. Many on here called us idiots for signing a 17 year contract at the time. I won’t hold my breath for an apology
You keep telling yourself that, as pilots south of the border make triple or more to fly the same aircraft. Nobody will ever say that 17 year deal was a good idea on your part.
Yup.

And pilots south of the border will be making 50-100% more than Canadian pilots to fly the same large jet aircraft. That is across the board (including AC).
---------- ADS -----------

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

rudder wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:28 am
YC87DRVR wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:12 am
hithere wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:35 pm Well then I guess the 17 year contract that we signed in 2018 guaranteeing Jazz a minimum of 80 find from 2025-2035 was actually a wise move. Many on here called us idiots for signing a 17 year contract at the time. I won’t hold my breath for an apology
You keep telling yourself that, as pilots south of the border make triple or more to fly the same aircraft. Nobody will ever say that 17 year deal was a good idea on your part.
Yup.

And pilots south of the border will be making 50-100% more than Canadian pilots to fly the same large jet aircraft. That is across the board (including AC).
We should be hanging our heads in shame. We are, by a significant margin, the WORST compensated pilots of the Star Alliance, or any ALPA represented legacy carrier on Earth.

How did that happen? By letting a "yellow union" tell us for two decades that we aren't worth spit. We believe we are a liability to the Company as opposed to an asset. Our wages are a "drain on the success and ultimate profitability of the operation". Bull$hit.

The worst strategy going forward is hoping a "changing field" will result in better compensation. The time is drawing near to put our foot on the brake hard. No one will respect us until we do.

Meanwhile inflation is still at 6+ percent, while our "yearly raise" of a pathetic 2% is incinerated before it even hits our bank account.

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

Air Canada Gets an Early Jump on U.S. Summer Travel with New Routes to JFK Airport from Toronto, Montreal

New double-daily Toronto and daily Montreal services to JFK begin in March, cements leadership serving all three New York airports
New four-times weekly Toronto-Sacramento starting in June
Services restored on 13 U.S. routes beginning May 1, including Montreal-Nashville, Calgary-Los Angeles, Vancouver-Austin
Increased frequency on more than a dozen other trans-border routes for Summer 2023

More here:

https://media.aircanada.com/2022-12-08- ... ,-Montreal

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

I see quite a few that were the routes they cut "strategically" this past summer.

I'm curious to see how JFK will work this time. The Q used to do it once upon a time I think

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

QKZXKV wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:35 pm I see quite a few that were the routes they cut "strategically" this past summer.

I'm curious to see how JFK will work this time. The Q used to do it once upon a time I think
I think the E175 makes perfect sense for New York. It's used extensively in EWR and LGA. I wonder if AC offers any Star Alliance (or other) connections out of JFK? Did United close its base at JFK in favor of EWR?

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

RoAF-Mig21 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:51 pm
QKZXKV wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:35 pm I see quite a few that were the routes they cut "strategically" this past summer.

I think the E175 makes perfect sense for New York. It's used extensively in EWR and LGA. I wonder if AC offers any Star Alliance (or other) connections out of JFK? Did United close its base at JFK in favor of EWR?
Yeah, not so much about equipment working more than JFK itself.

I think it's the connections that may be key. UA had in fact closed JFK during the merger times. They tried to reboot JFK this past couple of yrs and it didn't work out.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”