Eligible for offer?

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

martrolo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Eligible for offer?

Post by martrolo »

Hi there!

Anyone here eligible for offer in YUL? Also, does anyone know the dates for the start of the next VFR and IFR courses?
---------- ADS -----------

naribari
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Eligible for offer?

Post by naribari »

I got killed today but it's May and October

martrolo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by martrolo »

naribari wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:45 pm I got killed today but it's May and October
Thank you for the info! You didn't end up passing the bootcamp?

naribari
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by naribari »

I was probably too candid + I had messed up the FEAST because I didn't read the instructions properly and I couldn't get the instructions back after the trial before the final bit. I'll reapply, but at this point, I might be able to get money elsewhere with more ease. The process is really opaque so I don't know what I did wrong. I thought it was a sure thing when I realized how few people there actually were that attended boot camp.

We'll see

martrolo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by martrolo »

naribari wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:18 am I was probably too candid + I had messed up the FEAST because I didn't read the instructions properly and I couldn't get the instructions back after the trial before the final bit. I'll reapply, but at this point, I might be able to get money elsewhere with more ease. The process is really opaque so I don't know what I did wrong. I thought it was a sure thing when I realized how few people there actually were that attended boot camp.

We'll see
I'm sorry to hear that :( Yeah of course you should reapply, I heard that many people that don't do so well in the process (especially the FEAST) reapply and they end up getting an offer. I do agree the process is opaque though, it gets really frustrating.

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

Eligible for Offer. Offered FSS back in Nov but declined. I talked to the hiring manager in Ottawa and they said that most regions courses will be held in the spring (already full) and next fall. Offers should be coming out March/April for the fall courses.

martrolo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by martrolo »

kaye.boe wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:07 am Eligible for Offer. Offered FSS back in Nov but declined. I talked to the hiring manager in Ottawa and they said that most regions courses will be held in the spring (already full) and next fall. Offers should be coming out March/April for the fall courses.
Did you do your testing at YUL too? At my bootcamp they said we are considered for the spring courses now, are they already full?

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

martrolo wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:52 am
kaye.boe wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:07 am Eligible for Offer. Offered FSS back in Nov but declined. I talked to the hiring manager in Ottawa and they said that most regions courses will be held in the spring (already full) and next fall. Offers should be coming out March/April for the fall courses.
Did you do your testing at YUL too? At my bootcamp they said we are considered for the spring courses now, are they already full?
YVR. We were told we were considered for spring, but people were already getting offers for IFR and VFR before I even did the bootcamp. I'm assuming they had 1 or 2 FSS spots open maybe they needed to fill at the time. They should be full now as there's a lot of pre-course tasks to do (medical, security clearance, 2 online courses).

martrolo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by martrolo »

kaye.boe wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:10 pm
martrolo wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:52 am
YVR. We were told we were considered for spring, but people were already getting offers for IFR and VFR before I even did the bootcamp. I'm assuming they had 1 or 2 FSS spots open maybe they needed to fill at the time. They should be full now as there's a lot of pre-course tasks to do (medical, security clearance, 2 online courses).
Ah maybe it's different at YVR, here I believe there is a course fthat starts in january, people were getting offers for it during the end of the summer. I was in the new round of testing in summer, so perhaps I'll be considered for the fall. Anyway, best of luck for you! Let's hope they pick us at sometime in the future haha

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”