Cluster @#$!

Discuss topics related to Sunwing.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

safetyfirst123
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Cluster @#$!

Post by safetyfirst123 »

pacman007 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:47 am Would you even spend a penny in your operation when you know it’s not your problem anymore? As soon as the merger goes through this mess will be dumped on WestJet. I’m sure WestJet is regretting buying this mess.
I'm not sure why everybody thinks that once a merger goes through, the next day Sunwing operations cease to exist. The Sunwing OC will have to continue operating for quite a while. It will realistically take a minimum of one year to integrate the two airlines, and that's IF they decide to integrate them. Having said that, if they keep Sunwing operating separately for a few more years, I can see certain areas outsourced, such as OCC.
---------- ADS -----------

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

More bad news for Sunwing:

https://www.wingsmagazine.com/saskatche ... sponsible/

“The airline announced Thursday it was immediately cancelling its operations through Feb. 3 at Saskatchewan’s two international airports due to extenuating circumstances.”

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

DHC-1 Jockey wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:14 pm More bad news for Sunwing:

https://www.wingsmagazine.com/saskatche ... sponsible/

“The airline announced Thursday it was immediately cancelling its operations through Feb. 3 at Saskatchewan’s two international airports due to extenuating circumstances.”
How long until they start blaming the union for throwing a wrench on the TFW program therefore ruining their perfect winter planning.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
Dias
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dias »

daedalusx wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:02 pm How long until they start blaming the union for throwing a wrench on the TFW program therefore ruining their perfect winter planning.
The important thing is that the public and therefore politicians support TFW pilots.

jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jpilot77 »

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

They nearly got on a flight, but were told the pilot was too exhausted to fly and had failed a cognitive test.
:?: :?: :?:

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

There was some disappointment among the Quebecois passengers that the crew couldn’t speak French, but no major complaints.
Hehe... Priorities I guess...

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

safetyfirst123 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:24 am
I'm not sure why everybody thinks that once a merger goes through, the next day Sunwing operations cease to exist. The Sunwing OC will have to continue operating for quite a while. It will realistically take a minimum of one year to integrate the two airlines, and that's IF they decide to integrate them. Having said that, if they keep Sunwing operating separately for a few more years, I can see certain areas outsourced, such as OCC.
I don't think they have a choice. I've heard that Transport doesn't like one company having 4 different 705 OCs and has given notice to combine some operations. It won't happen overnight though you're right there.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

They nearly got on a flight, but were told the pilot was too exhausted to fly and had failed a cognitive test.
Wtf? I'm writing to the author about this. Can't wait to hear the reply.

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

co-joe wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:50 pm
safetyfirst123 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:24 am
I don't think they have a choice. I've heard that Transport doesn't like one company having 4 different 705 OCs and has given notice to combine some operations. It won't happen overnight though you're right there.
I have heard that too, but I am unaware of anything that prohibits a company from using multiple AOCs.

MaxAuto
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by MaxAuto »

AirFrame wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:41 am
Dash.Trash wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:37 amThis is referring to Southwest, not Sunwing.
Dang... You're right! Who would have thought there'd be *two* airlines starting with S having complete meltdowns at the same time... :P
ATC confuses us all the time too. I want SWA compensation every time ATC mistakes us for Southwest on the radio.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

MaxAuto wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:08 pm
AirFrame wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:41 am
Dash.Trash wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:37 amThis is referring to Southwest, not Sunwing.
Dang... You're right! Who would have thought there'd be *two* airlines starting with S having complete meltdowns at the same time... :P
ATC confuses us all the time too. I want SWA compensation every time ATC mistakes us for Southwest on the radio.

This reminds me of sky regional and sky west…..

CALL SIGNS : SKV**** and SKW****

Return to “Sunwing”