The Doctor Killer

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

The Doctor Killer

Post by pelmet »

https://dailyaero.com/2021/12/15/beechc ... or-killer/

A somebody said, the Bonanza really isn't a doctor killer, the doctors are Bonanza killers.

To comment on the article which blamed the name on jealousy........

I think it might have more to do with doctors, who happen to have quite a bit of money deciding to learn how to fly and once getting their license on a basic aircraft, transitioning to a much more sleek(and expensive) aircraft that is less forgiving of errors, especially errors while flying in clouds, and flying the aircraft in poor weather conditions in situations where their lack of experience resulted in many fatal accidents. This combined with a frequent arrogance where they refused to listen to wiser, more experienced pilots that they were potentially getting in over their heads. All simply because, their belief in how smart they were due to being doctors, yet not understanding that it guarantees that they will be a competent pilot for the situations they put themselves in.

This led to a lot of frustration over the bad reputation accidents give to general aviation, loss of other people's lives, loss of perfectly good aircraft, and higher insurance premiums.
---------- ADS -----------

MrWings
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: The Doctor Killer

Post by MrWings »

I thought this was an Abraham Cooper thread. My bad.

Dias
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dias »

Single engine turbines are the new doctor killer. Maybe Bonanzas are still flown by doctors in countries with socialized medicine.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Also Cirrus.

At least until the “pull early pull often” training.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”