YUL Meeting

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: YUL Meeting

Post by hithere »

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Stu Pidasso
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Stu Pidasso »

JackLeCoq wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:21 pm Between the flight safety guy making a racist comment to the former Base Chair Dan causing a ruckus in the back and getting the live feed cut...

Just a horrible display for a union meeting from my base

Tabarnac

"Racist?" Maybe you should turn in your "Woke" membership card! Inappropriate - (maybe) unprofessional - (meh)

A somewhat common phrase in most (normal) circles .

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

Stu Pidasso wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:08 pm
JackLeCoq wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:21 pm Between the flight safety guy making a racist comment to the former Base Chair Dan causing a ruckus in the back and getting the live feed cut...

Tabarnac

"Racist?" Maybe you should turn in your "Woke" membership card! Inappropriate - (maybe) unprofessional - (meh)

If it's not offensive then you'll have no problem sharing it with the rest of us.

CPU2000
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CPU2000 »

Tabarnac

Stu...what happened...I thought you weren't a misguided & disconnected bloke like Comeau & the YUL boys

Saying "Hongcouver" during live a national webinar is not only racist but unequivocally idiotic

Just another example of the clueless leadership at acpa and why these old guard boys of the past need to get back to the line and get reacquainted with pilots.

The disconnect is real

WF9F
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WF9F »

hithere wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:18 pmThanks
Why is that even a concern?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

CPU2000 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:34 am

Tabarnac

Stu...what happened...I thought you weren't a misguided & disconnected bloke like Comeau & the YUL boys

Saying "Hongcouver" during live a national webinar is not only racist but unequivocally idiotic

Just another example of the clueless leadership at acpa and why these old guard boys of the past need to get back to the line and get reacquainted with pilots.

The disconnect is real
Were you triggered? Everyone says Hongcouver, Bramladesh etc. Suck it up buttercup.

Let’s Go Brandon
Crewbunk
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Crewbunk »

ZBBYLW wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:15 pm
hithere wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:30 pm Ok I’ll try one last time because I’m curious and I realize how difficult this might be to answer… are these meetings held in English or French?
All the official business was done in English. A couple conversations here and there in french but that's it.
Maybe you are concerned about English/French issues within the airline?

Air Canada’s SOPs are in English, as are checklists, manuals and intercrew communications. An English speaking crew member would have absolutely no difficulty working with a French crew.

I am bilingual and often do my pre-flight briefing in French if working with a Montreal back end crew. (I am YYZ based). If one person speaks English, everything switches to English. It’s just common courtesy, not to mention the rules.

The Union meetings, while not a rule are also conducted in English. As noted above, there is some French going on, back and forth, much like in normal day to day flight operations.

Most ATC communication is in English. If I work with a French F/O who wants to communicate in French I just shrug, a la Trudeau.

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

This is such a pointless thread. All it promotes is the immature to sling mud back and forth.

The comment offended some people. Several members notified the appropriate reps to bring it to their attention. The speaker was approached about it and he sent out a written apology to the membership.

Time to grow up lads and move on.

Stu Pidasso
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Stu Pidasso »

Tabarnac

The disconnect is real

Take a hard look in the mirror because the problem is yours, a classic case of "looking for an excuse to be offended." You are in the wrong line of work if this offends your delicate sensibilities.

A little misplaced base rivalry, bad attempt at humor?

Get over yourself woke'ster, it's a big bad world out there and all those Participation Medals don't count for much.

GeoffPilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by GeoffPilot »

How unprofessional is acpa?

People defending racism on a live membership meeting :shock:

ALPA can't come soon enough. Wow

TheAlcalde
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TheAlcalde »

Stu Pidasso wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:51 pm

The disconnect is real

Take a hard look in the mirror because the problem is yours, a classic case of "looking for an excuse to be offended." You are in the wrong line of work if this offends your delicate sensibilities.

A little misplaced base rivalry, bad attempt at humor?

Get over yourself woke'ster, it's a big bad world out there and all those Participation Medals don't count for much.
Easy there , that’s the kind of rhetoric for you save to own the libs and casual acquaintances and on Facebook

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

Tabarnac

The disconnect is real
Are you a real pilot? How many failed PPC’s?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

It sounds like a stupid thing to say, but is it racist?

Hong Kong is a place...

In the 1990s 100s of thousands of British Hong Kong immigrants came to Vancouver ahead of the handover to the CCP. It made a significant and permanent change in the culture and identity of the city.

It's racist like banning flights from an area with an outbreak that would lead to a global pandemic is racist.

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

altiplano wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:27 am It sounds like a stupid thing to say, but is it racist?

Hong Kong is a place...

In the 1990s 100s of thousands of British Hong Kong immigrants came to Vancouver ahead of the handover to the CCP. It made a significant and permanent change in the culture and identity of the city.

It's racist like banning flights from an area with an outbreak that would lead to a global pandemic is racist.
I wish there was a “like” button.

Return to “Air Canada”