Falcon & 200 Job ad.

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Spotify
Rank 0
Rank 0

Falcon & 200 Job ad.

Post by Spotify »

I have to say wow, that’s exactly how other companies should be posting their job ads! Upfront and in the open. Quite the salary to fly a Be200 or Falcon!
---------- ADS -----------

NovaBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Falcon & 200 Job ad.

Post by NovaBoy »

It’s a pretty awesome job

RockSalty
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RockSalty »

NovaBoy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:03 am It’s a pretty awesome job
You’ve mentioned before that they’re really just looking for the right person and not necessarily someone with 10,000 hours and space shuttle landings - are they super firm on the minimum times? I’d kill to get back to the maritimes and St John is super close to home for me, but I’m pretty short on total time

NovaBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by NovaBoy »

I would guess it’s pretty firm on 3000. We just lowered it from 5000. But it never hurts to throw your application in, especially if you are a maritimer. We will have a couple of more retirements coming in the next few years.

Joe Blow Schmo
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Joe Blow Schmo »

Spotify wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:12 pm I have to say wow, that’s exactly how other companies should be posting their job ads! Upfront and in the open. Quite the salary to fly a Be200 or Falcon!
So what's the salary? It's not posted on the ad.

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

It waa posted on their ad somewhere. I think I recall seeing $215,000 Canadian Pesos

music.is.the.answer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by music.is.the.answer »

here’s the thing with the $215k starting salary. my question is, how long has it been that? cause if it was the same say, 5 years ago, it’s not enough now.

payscales are finally going up in this country. i debated applying for this. but at the end of the day, it’s not even that much more than what i’m making now. and my current job tops out at $250k at the top end.

as great as $215k sounds, if you want good people, especially if they’re gonna move to YSJ, you need to pay even more.

a similar company to Irving in the US; this job would start at $350k USD. and we all know it.

bring the salary up even more. flair is a ULCC and will pay you $150k in the left seat, day one. porter will now pay an E2 captain $154k base salary. westjet is definitely about to go up (after inevitable arbitration).

$215k for a company like Irving was great 5 years ago (in our pathetic canadian aviation reality). not today. and definitely not next year. trust me. it needs to be at least $250k now. i’d apply for that.

YHZCL
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by YHZCL »

music.is.the.answer wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:42 am here’s the thing with the $215k starting salary. my question is, how long has it been that? cause if it was the same say, 5 years ago, it’s not enough now.

payscales are finally going up in this country. i debated applying for this. but at the end of the day, it’s not even that much more than what i’m making now. and my current job tops out at $250k at the top end.

as great as $215k sounds, if you want good people, especially if they’re gonna move to YSJ, you need to pay even more.

a similar company to Irving in the US; this job would start at $350k USD. and we all know it.

bring the salary up even more. flair is a ULCC and will pay you $150k in the left seat, day one. porter will now pay an E2 captain $154k base salary. westjet is definitely about to go up (after inevitable arbitration).

$215k for a company like Irving was great 5 years ago (in our pathetic canadian aviation reality). not today. and definitely not next year. trust me. it needs to be at least $250k now. i’d apply for that.
You’re comparing apples to oranges. You can’t compare a corporate operator that has no pay scale with your airline that has a published top end scale. Most corporate operators and I’m sure those boys are the same has annual salary increases that are negotiated with the owner. Sure it’s not as stable as your published, collectively bargained pay scale, but it’s also very flexible. While it may take you 10+ years to reach that top end of 250,000 you mentioned, if the markets dictate those boys could beat that next year. There’s advantages and disadvantages to being on both sides. But saying oh I would never work there because their current pay is lower than the top end of my airlines pay scale just makes you look dumb.

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thepoors »

music.is.the.answer wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:42 am here’s the thing with the $215k starting salary. my question is, how long has it been that? cause if it was the same say, 5 years ago, it’s not enough now.

Very good point. I definitely agree, especially as the job requires you to fly two types.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Oh my. Some of you really are negative Nellies eh....

Impressive how you can turn a 215k starting wage into a negative :roll:

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
RockSalty
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RockSalty »

215k in St John goes a hell of a lot further than 215k somewhere like Toronto or Vancouver as well

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

digits_ wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:48 am Oh my. Some of you really are negative Nellies eh....

I thought the same thing... Top earners in Canada and somehow still upset.

YHZCL
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by YHZCL »

flyingcanuck wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:03 pm
digits_ wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:48 am Oh my. Some of you really are negative Nellies eh....

Don’t think they’re the ones upset, it’s the keyboard warriors on here that are bashing it.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

flyingcanuck wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:03 pm

Pilots: you can hand them a million dollars and they’ll complain about the weight.

music.is.the.answer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by music.is.the.answer »

Only in this country do ppl think $215k is an insane amount of money. Irving can afford even more. And…how many people are rushing to live in YSJ. That’s the point.

If this job is so great and the money is so great, why have they LOWERED the requirements from 5000TT to 3000TT? The fact that this is even advertised on Avcanada is a problem in itself. You’d think word of mouth in the maritimes and this position would be filled before it even hit this website.

Also, no professional jet captain wants to get in a King Air 200. That should be flown by a separate crew. These are two vastly different airplanes you should not be expected to bounce back and forth between. But again, in Canada it’s normal.

Remember this country is the ONLY country in the world with FSS / MF. Where you talk to a person who doesn’t control you. Because it saves Nav Canada money over staffing actual Tower Controllers.

$215k is NOT enough to get someone to move to YSJ in todays market. Which is why you have this guy above with ‘significantly less’ TT than the ad is asking for, frothing at the mouth. Cause that’s what you’re gonna get now.

Raise the salary. This country needs to start paying. But it’s full of guys like YOU who will sign up for whatever is simply offered, which is why this country is the most underpaid first world country on the planet in aviation. And the most heavily taxed on top of it. “Because we’re so lucky we get to fly at all.” Let’s pay them!

I personally know AC Captains making $400k+ and they don’t have to fly a King Air 200. Irving wants you to fly two completely different airplanes AND move to YSJ for $215k. Good luck…keep lowering those minimums til you get what you want.

Wake the @#$! up!!! Look at what’s happening in the states you dumb simple canucks! Stop accepting what’s thrown at you. Demand more.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

music.is.the.answer wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:10 am Only in this country do ppl think $215k is an insane amount of money. Irving can afford even more. And…how many people are rushing to live in YSJ. That’s the point.

If this job is so great and the money is so great, why have they LOWERED the requirements from 5000TT to 3000TT? The fact that this is even advertised on Avcanada is a problem in itself. You’d think word of mouth in the maritimes and this position would be filled before it even hit this website.

Also, no professional jet captain wants to get in a King Air 200. That should be flown by a separate crew. These are two vastly different airplanes you should not be expected to bounce back and forth between. But again, in Canada it’s normal.

Remember this country is the ONLY country in the world with FSS / MF. Where you talk to a person who doesn’t control you. Because it saves Nav Canada money over staffing actual Tower Controllers.

$215k is NOT enough to get someone to move to YSJ in todays market. Which is why you have this guy above with ‘significantly less’ TT than the ad is asking for, frothing at the mouth. Cause that’s what you’re gonna get now.

Raise the salary. This country needs to start paying. But it’s full of guys like YOU who will sign up for whatever is simply offered, which is why this country is the most underpaid first world country on the planet in aviation. And the most heavily taxed on top of it. “Because we’re so lucky we get to fly at all.” Let’s pay them!

I personally know AC Captains making $400k+ and they don’t have to fly a King Air 200. Irving wants you to fly two completely different airplanes AND move to YSJ for $215k. Good luck…keep lowering those minimums til you get what you want.

Wake the @#$! up!!! Look at what’s happening in the states you dumb simple canucks! Stop accepting what’s thrown at you. Demand more.
Why do you assume they want you to move anywhere? I'd wager they want a local pilot.
You're not automatically qualified for every job you happen to meet the experience requirements for. Sometimes, it just isn't for you.

It's impossible to make 400k at AC from day one. You have a chance of making 215k from day one in this job.

What's the relevance of the FSS / MF? Plenty of uncontrolled airports in the USA, where you don't even get FSS service.

Demanding more from the job that has likely the highest paid starting salary advertised on AvCanada is a pretty interesting strategy at best...

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thepoors »

music.is.the.answer wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:10 am Only in this country do ppl think $215k is an insane amount of money. Irving can afford even more. And…how many people are rushing to live in YSJ. That’s the point.

Amen. :prayer:

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

I don’t get the attack on “jet pilots don’t want to fly a king air”….

King Airs are great planes and I’d have no problem flying one if I could make the same cash as my current jet only job. I don’t care if a job wanted me to fly a 747 with the occasional 180 flight thrown in there in fact I’d love that.

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

I thought moving to Saint John would be a selling point to the job. I live near Toronto and I would move out of this shit hole in a heart beat to move to Saint John.

NovaBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by NovaBoy »

I wouldn’t move to YYZ for $500K.

Return to “Employment Forum”