How long until you hear back from AC?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ohio_19
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: How long until you hear back from AC?

Post by ohio_19 »

cdnavater wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:34 pm
ohio_19 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:28 pm been hearing a lot of PFO's due to Jazz filling GS for fall classes. Unlucky to those of you that did interivew around jun-july-aug.
What?
They don’t PFO because the ground schools are full, they would just offer a later ground school for a successful candidate.
If pilots are getting PFOs, it’s because they were not successful, of course I’m not in the room when they make decisions but with AC needing 600-800 it would not make any sense to have good candidates told to apply elsewhere.
Well I guess at the end of the day, PFO is a PFO.
---------- ADS -----------

Skippy Bush Kangaroo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Skippy Bush Kangaroo »

Hi Folks, so some have mentioned that they aren't getting the PFO (due to medical/psych/BG chk) until after the board has met.

How often does the board meet? Does anyone know officially?

About 9 weeks since the interview and medical (following day was BG check email and no ref checks yet) - just waiting - biting my nails - OTS

I would have thought that if you have a medical/psych discrepancy or an issue with the BG check that they would contact you sooner to arrange further testing.

Skippy

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

Skippy Bush Kangaroo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:54 pm

Every 2-3 weeks is what I was told

Gicash09
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Gicash09 »

Skippy Bush Kangaroo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:54 pm Hi Folks, so some have mentioned that they aren't getting the PFO (due to medical/psych/BG chk) until after the board has met.

About 9 weeks since the interview and medical (following day was BG check email and no ref checks yet) - just waiting - biting my nails - OTS

I would have thought that if you have a medical/psych discrepancy or an issue with the BG check that they would contact you sooner to arrange further testing.

Skippy
I did my interview and medical on the 29th of August which is 8 and half weeks ago. Same thing as you nothing yet.

They did not send me a background check mail and did not called me references either.

My buddy did his interview same day as me and he in the same situation as me.

I guess it'll go to the 12th week mark due to Jazz filling classes up for october and november apparently.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Gicash09 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:40 am
Skippy Bush Kangaroo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:54 pm Hi Folks, so some have mentioned that they aren't getting the PFO (due to medical/psych/BG chk) until after the board has met.

Skippy
I did my interview and medical on the 29th of August which is 8 and half weeks ago. Same thing as you nothing yet.

They did not send me a background check mail and did not called me references either.

I guess it'll go to the 12th week mark due to Jazz filling classes up for october and november apparently.
Did you come across as entitled as you sound during the interview, if yes, expect a PFO.
Apparently, the Jazz pilots had an agreement with AC that was not honoured and those Jazz pilots are far more deserving of those spots than you!

Cessna777
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Cessna777 »

cdnavater wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:28 pm

Skippy

Did you come across as entitled as you sound during the interview, if yes, expect a PFO.
Apparently, the Jazz pilots had an agreement with AC that was not honoured and those Jazz pilots are far more deserving of those spots than you!
How come ? Do they fly spaceships instead of airplanes over there ?
Experience is experience regardless where you come from. Just because jazz have agreement with AC doesn’t make external recruitments any less worthy of those spots. I hear your pain though.

Skippy Bush Kangaroo
Rank 0
Rank 0

flyingcanuck wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:51 am
Skippy Bush Kangaroo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:54 pm

Every 2-3 weeks is what I was told
Thank you

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Cessna777 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:38 pm

Experience is experience regardless where you come from. Just because jazz have agreement with AC doesn’t make external recruitments any less worthy of those spots. I hear your pain though.
Not my pain, my co workers who have a written agreement to fill 60% of the grounds schools and were bypassed for many OTS pilots who will now be senior to every one of them.
So, AC decides to fill a few ground schools with Jazz pilots who should have been there in the first place and some of you get bent out of shape over it. If AC honoured the agreement properly, there would have been far less OTS positions available in the first place.

Gicash09
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Gicash09 »

cdnavater wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:16 am

Not my pain, my co workers who have a written agreement to fill 60% of the grounds schools and were bypassed for many OTS pilots who will now be senior to every one of them.
So, AC decides to fill a few ground schools with Jazz pilots who should have been there in the first place and some of you get bent out of shape over it. If AC honoured the agreement properly, there would have been far less OTS positions available in the first place.
Please explain to me where and how in the world have you seen that me or the other guy got bent out of shape?

When all we did is explain our situations and get some insight on the process.

Man i get that your frustrated more than 99% of the forum due to a beautiful PFO or not being call since your at jazz.

But stop that shit man, your not on the right radial right now. Don"t be frustrated. #smile

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Gicash09 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:23 am

Please explain to me where and how in the world have you seen that me or the other guy got bent out of shape?

Man i get that your frustrated more than 99% of the forum due to a beautiful PFO or not being call since your at jazz.

But stop that shit man, your not on the right radial right now. Don"t be frustrated. #smile
Hey man,
It’s pretty hard to decipher typed intent however there are words that when added to the end of a statement of fact have meaning.
When you say, “ I guess it'll go to the 12th week mark due to Jazz filling classes up for october and november apparently.”
You can hear the frustration about it dragging on and the it could end at November but the poster adds, “apparently”, you can literally see their eyes roll at the fact the Jazz pilots are filling up the courses and delaying his entitlement to a sooner course.
If this poster could unequivocally state he/she is not frustrated at that, I’ll apologize.
As for my supposed PFO, sure I would have loved to give up my top scale defined benefit package for the BOTL shit pay and “apparently” crappy lifestyle contract, sounds like something a guy with 30 years of flying and 10 years left for retirement would give up. Did you hear the sarcasm, if not, it was extreme and laden with multiple eye rolls!
One last thing, a common theme from candidates who do pass the interview and are being considered for employment is, the background check is immediate, like same day or next day with references being called just before an acceptance. If you haven’t been asked for a background check yet, I would move on with your life, the PFO is in the mail.

Pilotguy123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pilotguy123 »

Just did second interview last week. Was told 8-12 weeks to get an answer. Medical and background check completed months ago. I was also told near 1000 pilots need to be hired between now and end of next year. Good luck to everyone still hoping to get on.

Skippy Bush Kangaroo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Pilotguy123 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:01 am Just did second interview last week. Was told 8-12 weeks to get an answer. Medical and background check completed months ago. I was also told near 1000 pilots need to be hired between now and end of next year. Good luck to everyone still hoping to get on.
pm'd you.

Pilotguy123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pilotguy123 »

Does anyone know the timeline once your references have been contacted?

Me262
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Me262 »

What exactly is this medical done by AC? Extra stuff on top of class 1 you do?

Mekki
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mekki »

Me262 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:56 am What is the background check component? What are they asking and what are they checking?
They send out an email to your references and they basically fill out a questionnaire about you. There is also a component done by a private company.

Cavalier44
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Cavalier44 »

Me262 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:43 am What exactly is this medical done by AC? Extra stuff on top of class 1 you do?
Pretty similar to a standard Cat 1 medical, however, there are a few additions. They will draw blood for various blood tests (complete blood count, glucose levels, cholesterol, etc. - pretty standard stuff). You will also complete an audiogram, as well as an EKG, whether you're due for one or not. The rest is all standard stuff as far as I can remember.

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

Cavalier44 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:38 pm
Me262 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:43 am What exactly is this medical done by AC? Extra stuff on top of class 1 you do?
Pretty similar to a standard Cat 1 medical, however, there are a few additions. They will draw blood for various blood tests (complete blood count, glucose levels, cholesterol, etc. - pretty standard stuff). You will also complete an audiogram, as well as an EKG, whether you're due for one or not. The rest is all standard stuff as far as I can remember.
Don’t forget the drugs :lol:

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

cdnavater wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:50 am

Hey man,
It’s pretty hard to decipher typed intent however there are words that when added to the end of a statement of fact have meaning.
When you say, “ I guess it'll go to the 12th week mark due to Jazz filling classes up for october and november apparently.”
You can hear the frustration about it dragging on and the it could end at November but the poster adds, “apparently”, you can literally see their eyes roll at the fact the Jazz pilots are filling up the courses and delaying his entitlement to a sooner course.
If this poster could unequivocally state he/she is not frustrated at that, I’ll apologize.
As for my supposed PFO, sure I would have loved to give up my top scale defined benefit package for the BOTL shit pay and “apparently” crappy lifestyle contract, sounds like something a guy with 30 years of flying and 10 years left for retirement would give up. Did you hear the sarcasm, if not, it was extreme and laden with multiple eye rolls!
One last thing, a common theme from candidates who do pass the interview and are being considered for employment is, the background check is immediate, like same day or next day with references being called just before an acceptance. If you haven’t been asked for a background check yet, I would move on with your life, the PFO is in the mail.
In all fairness, I didn't detect a lick of entitlement in either of their posts. If, as you say it's hard to decipher, wouldn't you rather give the benefit of the doubt or would you rather go on the offensive and attack? I guess you already answered that but just food for thought is all. You can be quite combative in a lot of your posts and I don't see the merit in any of it. Chill.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

rooster wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:28 am

Hey man,
In all fairness, I didn't detect a lick of entitlement in either of their posts. If, as you say it's hard to decipher, wouldn't you rather give the benefit of the doubt or would you rather go on the offensive and attack? I guess you already answered that but just food for thought is all. You can be quite combative in a lot of your posts and I don't see the merit in any of it. Chill.
Hey, sure I’m combative, I’ll own that. It comes from having to defend Jazz and our long term contract all the time, to which AC has been more than happy to ignore when it’s convenient for them.
I will stand by my observation that if you add the word apparently to the end of a statement of fact, you are quite literally rolling your eyes at the fact.
If you are speaking and conveying your understanding of a situation and add “apparently” at the end, are you in agreement with it or do you disagree.
The price of fuel has gone up significantly due to the carbon tax.
Or, The price of fuel has gone up significantly due to the carbon tax, apparently.
Which of those two statements express frustration?

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

cdnavater wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:01 pm
rooster wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:28 am
Hey man,
Hey, sure I’m combative, I’ll own that. It comes from having to defend Jazz and our long term contract all the time, to which AC has been more than happy to ignore when it’s convenient for them.
I will stand by my observation that if you add the word apparently to the end of a statement of fact, you are quite literally rolling your eyes at the fact.
If you are speaking and conveying your understanding of a situation and add “apparently” at the end, are you in agreement with it or do you disagree.
The price of fuel has gone up significantly due to the carbon tax.
Or, The price of fuel has gone up significantly due to the carbon tax, apparently.
Which of those two statements express frustration?
Honestly? Neither. There is a reason emojis were added to forums and messaging platforms. It conveys better the tone of the sentence. I think maybe the amount of time you've spent 'defending' jazz has led you to become cynical, hence the combativeness. I dunno man, who gives a shit what people say about jazz or any other company on this forum? You shouldn't feel the need to defend your employer. Most of the stuff posted on here ends up in heated arguments because most everyone are simply keyboard warriors who think they know everything. Just go to work, collect your paycheque and go home. I never let any of the posts or posters on here affect me. I say my piece, I log off and life goes on :drinkers:

Return to “Air Canada”