How long until you hear back from AC?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Latitude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: How long until you hear back from AC?

Post by Latitude »

SkyBagPiper wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:51 pm How many classes per month can we expect? As summer is approaching, do they freeze classes until the fall?

Just got the background check last week. Interviewed mid February. Medical 1 week later. So technically anything from 2 weeks to a month I assume to hear back after the background check is complete?
For me it was background check, then one week went by (they called references during that week) then the next week I got the call. So from background check to get the call was around 2 weeks.
---------- ADS -----------

LongHaul89
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LongHaul89 »

One suggestion I can make is, after your interview go directly to the TC office and get your flight test results from them and email them to AC, this will speed up you application.

tupues
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tupues »

Does anyone know when they have their monthly board meeting? Also, what can one expect in the email/call? Will they offer course dates right away? Or is it going to be „you made it and we’ll keep you posted“?

kilocharliemike
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kilocharliemike »

Latitude wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:31 am
SkyBagPiper wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:51 pm How many classes per month can we expect? As summer is approaching, do they freeze classes until the fall?

Just got the background check last week. Interviewed mid February. Medical 1 week later. So technically anything from 2 weeks to a month I assume to hear back after the background check is complete?
For me it was background check, then one week went by (they called references during that week) then the next week I got the call. So from background check to get the call was around 2 weeks.
Whats May classes looking like? filled? June?... anyone? Bueller? So quiet around here these days?

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by indieadventurer »

Last calls for May 3 start went out last week I heard. Not sure about after that.

SkyBagPiper
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by SkyBagPiper »

They have 2 classes a month. So probably May 18th/22nd class calls will go this week and the next.

Then June classes etc…

kilocharliemike
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kilocharliemike »

Thanks for the replies...

tupues
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tupues »

SkyBagPiper wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:29 am They have 2 classes a month. So probably May 18th/22nd class calls will go this week and the next.

Then June classes etc…
With people having notice periods longer than 1-2 weeks, how do they plan the classes? Or are they expecting you to be ready to join at a moments notice.

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

tupues wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:32 am
SkyBagPiper wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:29 am They have 2 classes a month. So probably May 18th/22nd class calls will go this week and the next.

Then June classes etc…
With people having notice periods longer than 1-2 weeks, how do they plan the classes? Or are they expecting you to be ready to join at a moments notice.
People can and do, there has been 0 issues filling the classes with experienced pilots. Maybe that’s the point though? Lots of Westjet employees coming through the door lately.

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL030 »

tupues wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:32 am With people having notice periods longer than 1-2 weeks, how do they plan the classes? Or are they expecting you to be ready to join at a moments notice.
If the 2 weeks notice you give your previous employer is during your days off you can start your new job right away. I wouldn't recommend giving more than 2 weeks notice. Companies will work the shit out of you during your notice period.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

FL030 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:28 am
tupues wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:32 am With people having notice periods longer than 1-2 weeks, how do they plan the classes? Or are they expecting you to be ready to join at a moments notice.
If the 2 weeks notice you give your previous employer is during your days off you can start your new job right away. I wouldn't recommend giving more than 2 weeks notice. Companies will work the shit out of you during your notice period.
Unless you're on reserve, no they cant. If I had time off and a block, they can't just make me work more. In my 15+ years of flying and progression, I have never had a company work the shit out of me during my notice.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

You must have flown for a good 703. Most will work ‘the suit out of you’.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:48 pm You must have flown for a good 703. Most will work ‘the shit out of you’.

Captain101
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Captain101 »

I was going through the forums to find updated info on AC staff travel benefits for Pilots. Couldn't find much recent info. Can someone at AC please share what the staff travel benefits are like for Pilots. Does staff travel or jumpseat benefits start on Day 1 or do you have to wait 3 or 6 months from date of hire. I am under the impression you get unlimited standby travel on AC for spouse, kids and parents, is that true? Also what are the interline partners that AC pilots can get standby travel on for spouse, kids and parents? (For example Lufthansa, Emirates etc..) I know that AC pilots can jumpseat on Porter, can they also jumpseat on other North American airlines like WestJet, Air Transat, United etc...

Thank you in advance for any info!

SkyBagPiper
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by SkyBagPiper »

I believe they will be available right away. As you’ll need them to commute to and from the location for the PIT and sim. Unless that’s covered by AC itself under those conditions. But I pretty sure your flight privileges are available right away.

I think it might be flight attendants which have to wait the 3 to 6 months.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Latitude wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:31 am

Wow, that must be nice. Jazz candidates have been waiting 4 months since background check. Probably will wait a lot longer.

AUTOPILOT2
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AUTOPILOT2 »

Interviewed in 3rd week of Feb 2023, still no updates. How long until expected to hear back? Anyone got call for ground school in May?Thanks

smooth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by smooth »

You can just login to your TC account and print it out for the interview, you don't have to go to TC
LongHaul89 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:28 pm One suggestion I can make is, after your interview go directly to the TC office and get your flight test results from them and email them to AC, this will speed up you application.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

Captain101 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:15 pm I was going through the forums to find updated info on AC staff travel benefits for Pilots. Couldn't find much recent info. Can someone at AC please share what the staff travel benefits are like for Pilots. Does staff travel or jumpseat benefits start on Day 1 or do you have to wait 3 or 6 months from date of hire. I am under the impression you get unlimited standby travel on AC for spouse, kids and parents, is that true? Also what are the interline partners that AC pilots can get standby travel on for spouse, kids and parents? (For example Lufthansa, Emirates etc..) I know that AC pilots can jumpseat on Porter, can they also jumpseat on other North American airlines like WestJet, Air Transat, United etc...

Thank you in advance for any info!
You get travel benefits on AC and select airline jumpseat privileges right away. During training, you book confirmed flights on AC which are zero cost to you between your home domicile and YYZ if you choose. After 6 months you get access to MyID travel for yourself, travel partner and parents.

smooth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by smooth »

Updated my resume mid May 2023, got a email for interview end of May, interview and medical scheduled for Mid-June. Told to wait 8 weeks during the interview

Return to “Air Canada”