How long until you hear back from AC?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Q402driver
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: How long until you hear back from AC?

Post by Q402driver »

Any new information regarding the wait until we hear from ac after the interview?
---------- ADS -----------

Q402driver
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Q402driver »

Any update on the wait time after interviews held in 2023?

Vanguard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Vanguard »

I have heard some people got processed within weeks. From interview to offer around 3-5weeks. Sometimes the medical part can take a bit more delay if you need to re-test or submit extra documents. It seems happens to most people.

It will depend on your resume, your current experience. If you're a Q400 pilot and there are 50 others in the same boat, it will take longer. If you're jet time and over 4000-5000hrs with a strong resume things will be different. It's a patience game ladies and gents. Good luck to you all!

IFryAirPrane
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by IFryAirPrane »

Got interviewed early Jan, got the call this week. I would say 8-12 weeks after the interview is pretty accurate.

Good luck everyone!

Bugsie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bugsie »

Congratulations! Whats your course date? How long after the interview did you get the background request? I interview mid-late January and background check request last week. No call yet

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

How about wait times at jazz? :rolleyes:

fixnfly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fixnfly »

canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:44 pm How about wait times at jazz? :rolleyes:
I have heard that guys that interviewed in December were recently told that the application timeline has changed and Jazz applicants can now possibly expect to be processed in up to a few months from now instead of being hired for late April/May GS. So I'm guessing around 5-7 months now from interview date to groundschool date compared to only 1-3 months if you're OTS. They were interviewing and doing medicals like crazy in December in what I'm assuming was a desperate play to stop people from leaving for other opportunities and to dangle that carrot. Plus the guys currently flowing from Jazz already have 4-4.5 years at the company, albeit covid was about 1.5-2 of those years. Those numbers don't lie and it obviously shows how slow getting to AC is if you go decided to go through Jazz. If you go to flair, swoop or encore and gain 2000 hours TT and an ATPL, your basically guaranteed an interview and a good chance you'll get hired at AC since they're hiring 60 OTS per month. Flow from Jazz is starting to slow considerably, I'm guessing so Jazz can staff the fleet for the busy summer season ahead with what pilots are still left.

IFryAirPrane
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by IFryAirPrane »

Bugsie wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:04 pm Congratulations! Whats your course date? How long after the interview did you get the background request? I interview mid-late January and background check request last week. No call yet
April 5th. Approximately 11 weeks! I got my background check a week after my interview early Jan.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

fixnfly wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:51 pm
canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:44 pm How about wait times at jazz? :rolleyes:
I have heard that guys that interviewed in December were recently told that the application timeline has changed and Jazz applicants can now possibly expect to be processed in up to a few months from now instead of being hired for late April/May GS. So I'm guessing around 5-7 months now from interview date to groundschool date compared to only 1-3 months if you're OTS. They were interviewing and doing medicals like crazy in December in what I'm assuming was a desperate play to stop people from leaving for other opportunities and to dangle that carrot. Plus the guys currently flowing from Jazz already have 4-4.5 years at the company, albeit covid was about 1.5-2 of those years. Those numbers don't lie and it obviously shows how slow getting to AC is if you go decided to go through Jazz. If you go to flair, swoop or encore and gain 2000 hours TT and an ATPL, your basically guaranteed an interview and a good chance you'll get hired at AC since they're hiring 60 OTS per month. Flow from Jazz is starting to slow considerably, I'm guessing so Jazz can staff the fleet for the busy summer season ahead with what pilots are still left.
The old bait and switch. Looks like it’s going to be a long summer.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Couple things:

1. Applicants are scored on a number of factors and their files placed in order by score. Groundschool offers draw from the top.

2. I was speaking to an interviewer recently and they have not been impressed with some of the attitudes they get from Jazz candidates. You can feel however you want about that but perhaps it’s not baggage you should bring into an interview.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

lownslow wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:37 am Couple things:

1. Applicants are scored on a number of factors and their files placed in order by score. Groundschool offers draw from the top.

2. I was speaking to an interviewer recently and they have not been impressed with some of the attitudes they get from Jazz candidates. You can feel however you want about that but perhaps it’s not baggage you should bring into an interview.
I’m sure there have been non impressive attitudes as much from jazz as from non jazz candidates. As well as excellent candidates from both sources of pilots. However, strange why someone would bring a negative attitude in an interview when it’s your time to showcase your best….Maybe some guys just think they are automatically hired.

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:44 am
lownslow wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:37 am Couple things:

I’m sure there have been non impressive attitudes as much from jazz as from non jazz candidates. As well as excellent candidates from both sources of pilots. However, strange why someone would bring a negative attitude in an interview when it’s your time to showcase your best….Maybe some guys just think they are automatically hired.
This. And it's extremely apparent in talking to lots of FOs at jazz. The entitlement is insane. You're not guaranteed anything so stop giving everyone a bad name.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:44 am Maybe some guys just think they are automatically hired.
It was that. Existing in the system for a given amount of time only gives you an opportunity to show what you’ve got, it does not automatically qualify you for anything. Seems there’s a lack of understanding about that in our line of work.

Obviously it’s not an issue in a majority because plenty of folks still make a good impression and move ahead.

Nick678
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Nick678 »

Definitely a strong sense of frustration in the jazz group, watching everyone go ahead of you with less experience would wear anyone down. But taking that frustration into an interview is beyond insane.

Where is flow now? 60% or 40 pilots a month or 10?

Newbieyyz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Newbieyyz »

My interview was late Jan and I haven’t heard back, not even for background check. Is this a bad sign? Don’t know! Still waiting to hear from them!

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

Nick678 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:13 pm Definitely a strong sense of frustration in the jazz group, watching everyone go ahead of you with less experience would wear anyone down. But taking that frustration into an interview is beyond insane.

Where is flow now? 60% or 40 pilots a month or 10?
I was a GGNer for many years and tried as best as I could to get on with AC. I watched much less qualified and experienced pilots below me in seniority get hired while I waited (not even a PFO). I decided to leave the Express family to go fly a jet and now several years later, I have made it to AC. While much later than I anticipated, I hold no grudge. I do not resent. I did not feel entitled to a job even with jet PIC. I look at my path as one I created for myself as opposed to one decided for me and I love that fact. I have never been unhappy at a flying job and I always enjoy coming to work, yes, even when short called on reserve :rolleyes: . It makes life so much easier and I think people with chips on their shoulders should find a way to curb that and get over it. There isn't much that is owed to anyone in life. There is nothing worse than going to work feeling miserable or having/wanting to complain all the time. This is one of the most dynamic jobs on the planet. Lots to be grateful for (the pay maybe not so much :lol:). While I can sympathize with the Jazz pilots, know this; Everything happens for a reason.

I may have strayed from the point a bit there but just want to spread something a little more positive for whoever it may help.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

Newbieyyz wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:31 am My interview was late Jan and I haven’t heard back, not even for background check. Is this a bad sign? Don’t know! Still waiting to hear from them!
I assume you’re currently employed at jazz. Heard a lot of people are in the same boat as you. I’ll say what everyone else says. No news is good news. What’s at trial here is your patience.

Good luck.

tsukubacpe
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by tsukubacpe »

How long did everyone wait for an interview from the day they submitted the application?

Newbieyyz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Newbieyyz »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:16 am
Newbieyyz wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:31 am My interview was late Jan and I haven’t heard back, not even for background check. Is this a bad sign? Don’t know! Still waiting to hear from them!
I assume you’re currently employed at jazz. Heard a lot of people are in the same boat as you. I’ll say what everyone else says. No news is good news. What’s at trial here is your patience.

Good luck.
No, I am not, actually. Flying overseas!

Newbieyyz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Newbieyyz »

tsukubacpe wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:22 am How long did everyone wait for an interview from the day they submitted the application?
Around three weeks for me. This time can be massively reduced if you have someone to endorse your application.

Return to “Air Canada”