1000 hour FO's?

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

wcpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

1000 hour FO's?

Post by wcpilot »

The advertised minimums are 1000, has anyone ever actually been given a ground school date with those hours?
---------- ADS -----------

slottedslat
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: 1000 hour FO's?

Post by slottedslat »

Lowest I've heard was 1500 hours with turbine/jet time

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

wcpilot wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:10 am The advertised minimums are 1000, has anyone ever actually been given a ground school date with those hours?
This time last year, we were facing the CTA scrutiny, and the pool of overseas pilots had started to dry up, we hired quite a few in around that number. I think the lowest time hire was 1300 hours, but that's just what I heard from a guy who flew with a guy that knows a guy. As soon as the CTA thing was in the rear view mirror the new hire numbers came back up, and then the yyc base, and then the new CBA which also caused an upward trend on the hours we have been seeing. Next Swoop is closing the yeg base and allowing WS mainline pilots to displace them, and I hear we are seeing a lot of them come over rather than face a downgrade or a forced base change to yxx.

Don't be discouraged by this, we are still a very small airline, and our training department is moving as fast as it can. By the end of this year we're going to be halfway to F50, and hiring longer term FOs will start to be a much larger focus. Keep your resume up to date, stay in touch with HR, and open spots here and there will continue to be filled with lower experience people.

SPR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SPR »

co-joe wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:56 pm By the end of this year we're going to be halfway to F50...
Flair was already more than halfway to F50 at the end of 2022, but that didn't last very long.

Return to “Flair Airlines”