bumping first class passengers for deadhead crew

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

thrust set
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: bumping first class passengers for deadhead crew

Post by thrust set »

“We need flygirl at mainline ASAP so we can watch her let loose on yammer.”

Someone mentioned that “Flygirl” was turned down in one of the original Jazz PML’s. He/She/It never moved on from an Air Canada rejection.
Guys/gals there was never a passenger bumped in this situation, more like they were deadheading and walking with their head hung low as they passed younger looking pilot in J seating as they took their seat in the back. Membership has its privileges.

Nothing to see here.
---------- ADS -----------

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Dumbest…..thread……ever…….

iflygirl_92
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by iflygirl_92 »

thrust set wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:24 am “We need flygirl at mainline ASAP so we can watch her let loose on yammer.”

Someone mentioned that “Flygirl” was turned down in one of the original Jazz PML’s. He/She/It never moved on from an Air Canada rejection.
Guys/gals there was never a passenger bumped in this situation, more like they were deadheading and walking with their head hung low as they passed younger looking pilot in J seating as they took their seat in the back. Membership has its privileges.

Nothing to see here.

LOVE THE SPECULATION
THIS IS great..
what conspiracy theory do you have next?
so wrong on so many levels
love that 🤣🤣

Thinking i still am a pilot
love it …
it’s called a PHD

iflygirl_92
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by iflygirl_92 »

RippleRock wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:48 pm This Ifly chick is clearly an angry FA whose lack of any "professional or licensed" designation, is making her bitter.

Sorry, your days of linking contract gains to "licensed" employee groups like pilots, dispatchers and AME's are ending. Don't take your resentment out on us. Go get a professional designation, a license, or perhaps more education of any sort. Then come back.

Right now you're just an uneducated, unaccredited, unlicensed ---self-entitled TROLL--- and no one thinks otherwise.
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😅🥳🥳

this is fun
you guys are truely pathetic

Hurry up hit refresh…..
maybe someone else said something….🥹

iflygirl_92
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by iflygirl_92 »

I’ll say thank you for the entertainment

watch for the CBC there will be a story of this practice

don’t worry we will ask ACPA for a comment too

Tdicommuter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Tdicommuter »

Would you be irate at a rental car agency who doesn't have a car for you when you show up to the counter? Who do you get mad at the person at the desk, or the company whose booking allowed that to happen?

We have no control over how the company decides to book off the seats for us. We do not create the pairings that require the DH. We do not have control over any of the planning or booking details.

Please re-direct your anger towards the guilty party. Employees are not the writer of the rules... We need to follow the rules plain and simple. We can't decide to fly longer than a duty day because we worry about getting someone home. When the company decides to plan pairings around needing to DH pilots, or flight attendants they have made the choice.

Great on you for being upset about getting bumped, but why would you decide it's the employees fault? The company is likely making a choice trying to save money, so complain, call email them, but don't get mad at the employees.

Tdicommuter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Tdicommuter »

How do you foresee the gotcha journalism going on that story from the perspective of ACPA.

-is it true pilots will bump paying passengers

-no we are entitled to a seat, it shouldn't be sold, if it is then that person will need to be reaccomdated.

-do you think that practice is right?

-we don't see this as a right or wrong situation, the contract states how we work the same way it tells us how to dress at work. How the company complies is up to them.

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

Tdicommuter wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:15 pm How do you foresee the gotcha journalism going on that story from the perspective of ACPA.

-is it true pilots will bump paying passengers

-no we are entitled to a seat, it shouldn't be sold, if it is then that person will need to be reaccomdated.

-do you think that practice is right?

-we don't see this as a right or wrong situation, the contract states how we work the same way it tells us how to dress at work. How the company complies is up to them.
Don't worry, shes not even going to be laughed off the CBC. They simply won't reply to her email. Best case scenario for her, she gets her story published by BlogTO or something along those lines. And most people that read that probably can't afford an AC ticket, let alone business.

Crewbunk
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Crewbunk »

As entertaining as are the psychotic rants, ignored by most on here, it really comes down to “bumping” itself. An interesting discussion in its own right.

Namely there is a very big difference between being physically removed from a Business Class seat and simply being denied a seat, as Business Class is full.

Any capable journalist could paint quite a picture, hoping to inspire indignation, (and clicks). Some poor granny who spent her life savings, settling down in her seat only to have a Flight Attendant looking like the angel of death, pointing her out with a bony finger to the leather clad Gestapo soldiers who drag her away screaming and kicking …. hot towel in one hand, champagne in the other.

Simply, it just doesn’t happen.

More likely, someone expressed a desire for one of the 40 Business Class seats on that Triple and were denied. Among the 40 passengers, apparently was a pilot. He and he alone is the reason for the denial. Right? :roll:

But, it is an interesting topic for discussion. Many people on here have tried to patiently explain to her why one scenario is more likely than the other. That’s all we can do.

For the record, in almost 35 years of airline flying, I have never seen a scenario where a passenger (in any cabin) was removed, and a pilot placed instead. There are many functions and possibilities to preclude that from happening.

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Crewbunk wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:36 pm For the record, in almost 35 years of airline flying, I have never seen a scenario where a passenger (in any cabin) was removed, and a pilot placed instead. There are many functions and possibilities to preclude that from happening.
If anything, it usually goes the other way around, I've seen plenty of Jazz/AC pilots give up their DH cabin seat, and have to use the flight deck jumpseat in order to fit a passenger in a cabin because commercial overbooked the flight and they wanted to be a "team player".

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Crewbunk wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:36 pm As entertaining as are the psychotic rants, ignored by most on here, it really comes down to “bumping” itself. An interesting discussion in its own right.

Namely there is a very big difference between being physically removed from a Business Class seat and simply being denied a seat, as Business Class is full.

Any capable journalist could paint quite a picture, hoping to inspire indignation, (and clicks). Some poor granny who spent her life savings, settling down in her seat only to have a Flight Attendant looking like the angel of death, pointing her out with a bony finger to the leather clad Gestapo soldiers who drag her away screaming and kicking …. hot towel in one hand, champagne in the other.

Simply, it just doesn’t happen.
Well…almost never.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/transpor ... s-silence/

Crewbunk
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Crewbunk »

rookiepilot wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:43 pm
Crewbunk wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:36 pm Simply, it just doesn’t happen.
Well…almost never.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/transpor ... s-silence/
Yes, we all know about Doctor Dao. But, there’s a reason it’s “news” and not just another day at United Airlines.

In fact, the possibility of such an occurrence is why so many safe guards exist and why Crew Scheduling will do their level best to stop it from happening. The last time, I was able to negotiate another day in Geneva (I’d have done it for free), full credit for the deadhead home and …. I got to drop a YVR turn, full credit.

iflygirl_92
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by iflygirl_92 »

rudder wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:36 am Dumbest…..thread……ever…….
Not enjoying it Montee?

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

I don't care if this situation is fact or fiction, nor do I care who iflygirl is. All I know is that this might actually be one of the most entertaining threads on avcanada :lol: :lol:

On another note there was a very similar post on yammer about this so...take that with whatever grain of salt you will

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

iflygirl_92 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:50 am Can you explain that? Does that give them the right to bump me a few hours before the flight?
If it was a few hours before the flight how do you know who bumped you?

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

iflygirl_92 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:57 pm I’ll say thank you for the entertainment

watch for the CBC there will be a story of this practice

don’t worry we will ask ACPA for a comment too

Perhaps then you’ll actually give dates and flight numbers You have been asked multiple times to provide the details so that people can look into it and proved an explanation but you refuse. (Perhaps you are worried that the details won’t play into your “pilots are bad” narrative?) Instead you insist on ranting about “whiny pilots” while claiming to be a 15,000hr Captain and then apparently retracting that claim and stating you now have a PHD. Which is it?

Return to “Air Canada”