Company Morale

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Yolked
Rank 0
Rank 0

Company Morale

Post by Yolked »

Everyone in my class was hired less than a year ago and many are already fed up. Anyone else sick of surviving on canned soup?
---------- ADS -----------

Malfunction
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Company Morale

Post by Malfunction »

Flair has a open house coming up.. good luck. Make almost double and skip the soup.... oh and get to ac faster.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

Yolked wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:53 pm Everyone in my class was hired less than a year ago and many are already fed up. Anyone else sick of surviving on canned soup?
Everyone is hiring. Look up rage quitting on google and fire off a couple dozen applications while parked next to a bottle of whiskey. It saved me.

mmm...bacon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by mmm...bacon »

Yolked wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:53 pm Everyone in my class was hired less than a year ago and many are already fed up. Anyone else sick of surviving on canned soup?
LOL :smt040 you took the job, knowing the shitty wages and now you're whining about it?

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ellinas »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:35 am
Everyone is hiring. Look up rage quitting on google and fire off a couple dozen applications while parked next to a bottle of whiskey. It saved me.
:partyman: :partyman: :supz:

if you are on the ground I guess there is now way but to look up!
CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

mmm...bacon wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:39 am
LOL :smt040 you took the job, knowing the shitty wages and now you're whining about it?
A year ago, AC was still promising flow and wages were comparable across the board. Cut the kid a break.

Yolked
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Yolked »

I'm just lucky I don't have a family to support. @#$! this shit

Yolked
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Yolked »

mmm...bacon wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:39 am
This job is still an upgrade in pay from my previous 703 :rolleyes:

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Well the cat is out of the bag about the flow from last year. 60% was really about 30% and I don’t think it’s going to get better this year. If they do 60% half the planes will end up getting parked.

Let’s Go Brandon
truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

Hi,

It is pretty clear that neither Air Canada nor Jazz actually care. They will just keep shrinking the Jazz operation, decreasing frequency, and claim it is all going according to plan.

Best thing to do is simply go elsewhere. If you have been here for less than a couple years, it is a no brainer. This place resembles more and more your typical 703/704 operator than a first class 705 operator.

And all the while Flair and Porter will keep picking up market share we abandon as a consequence, crewing their planes with pilots they hired from us.

Management is clearly living in an ultimate reality.

Even without flow being followed, we will be parking planes soon.

Little Star
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Little Star »

If you pay attention to what's happening, Chorus doesn't really care about the CPA at this point. That's a guaranteed income stream from Air Canada till 2035. They are also in the process of selling the assets, i.e. aircraft. They want to become a service company and provide asset management services. There's no future in Jazz.

Splash
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Splash »

truedude wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:54 am They will just keep shrinking the Jazz operation, decreasing frequency, and claim it is all going according to plan.
Maybe that is the plan?

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

Splash wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:51 pm
truedude wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:54 am They will just keep shrinking the Jazz operation, decreasing frequency, and claim it is all going according to plan.
Maybe that is the plan?
Giving up market share to competition, while simultaneously bleeding pilots to that competition, isn't a plan. It's incompetence. And there seems to be a lot of that at AC these days.

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

truedude wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:53 am
Maybe that is the plan?
Giving up the market share to competition, while simultaneously bleeding pilots to that competition, isn't a plan. It's incompetence. And there seems to be a lot of that at AC these days.
Is it really losing market share? Aren't they just pulling out of the west to let Flair and WJ eat themselves, consolidate the East and come back once they have the manpower?
I would be more worried about Porter with the E2, they will have roughly the same routes as the 220.

Either way, things need to change, before July.

Yolked
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Yolked »

kiaszceski wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:55 am
truedude wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:53 am

Maybe that is the plan?
Giving up the market share to competition, while simultaneously bleeding pilots to that competition, isn't a plan. It's incompetence. And there seems to be a lot of that at AC these days.
Is it really losing market share? Aren't they just pulling out of the west to let Flair and WJ eat themselves, consolidate the East and come back once they have the manpower?
I would be more worried about Porter with the E2, they will have roughly the same routes as the 220.

Either way, things need to change, before July.
I heard Porter’s Q fleet is going to start operating out of YYZ. Between them and the E2, Jazz is in trouble. They can’t even get PPC’s and line checks done without the help of western captains coming over. Employees are leaving left and right for AC and anyone else who is paying more. It really is about the money, and Jazz is at the bottom with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Man_in_the_sky
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Man_in_the_sky »

If you are type rated on the Ejet and based in YYZ, there is zero logical reason to not leave Jazz, unless if you interview with mainline is completed already

NOT
A
SINGLE
REASON

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Man_in_the_sky wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:14 pm If you are type rated on the Ejet and based in YYZ, there is zero logical reason to not leave Jazz, unless if you interview with mainline is completed already

NOT
A
SINGLE
REASON
Add, if you were hired after 2015 and I agree. Keep in mind, it’s still a start up and there is risks associated.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

Man_in_the_sky wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:14 pm If you are type rated on the Ejet and based in YYZ, there is zero logical reason to not leave Jazz, unless if you interview with mainline is completed already

NOT
A
SINGLE
REASON
:prayer:

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:08 pm

NOT
A
SINGLE
REASON
:prayer:
Do you mean all Ejet pilots hired in YYZ in 2022/23 should go to Porter?

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

Encore is hiring. The shit stinks just the same, but the pay is barely livable... it's a huge step up from the Jazz priority queue at the food bank.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”