Flair Airlines - Planes seized

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Re: Flair Airlines - Planes seized

Post by Old fella »

Looking at Flightradar24 past few days since this fiasco unfolded Flair Airlines appears to be “ plying their trade” so to speak. Operations are continuing West to East and domestic USA as well as points in Mexico , perhaps and hopefully some stability for that airline. If there were supply issues for Flair probably would have surfaced by now one could assume. Noticed Lynx has four aircraft displayed on Flightradar24 as well, haven’t heard any negativity concerning them in the usual media sources. Competition is alive and holding its own which is gratifying so far , if it’s sustainable well that’s another debate. Hoping for the best.

:drinkers:
---------- ADS -----------

MKFlair
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: 4 Flair aircraft seized

Post by MKFlair »

Airbrake wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:40 pm
MKFlair wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:17 pm
MAX8 Driver wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:57 pm

What about payroll "errors"? What about vacation pay from previous years? What about triple time owed? What about the vacation pay grievance this year? What about retro pay? Don't worry, it's coming in XX days.

Or do those not count? Arrears with lessors, maintenance, airports, employees...I bet Stephen Jones got his full pay this week. Again.
Payroll errors - a number as the issues with NB have been on going. But always corrected. By the way, ask those who were massively over paid for months last year if the company ever ‘recouped’ that!

Vacation pay from previous years? Always paid.

Vacation pay grievance? Is being paid but some expected it in January. Where does it say that in the CBA?

Retro pay - as per the CBA. It was agreed to and will paid in as oer that agreement.

Facts vs innuendo.
So you are saying you have fact of WJ layoffs?
Or is that innuendo?
If you are saying it as a fact and you are outside of WJ, then you have some great insider info.
I’ll wait to see how this all comes to be for the 4 days that remain of this week.
TOMBSTONE DAY, as it is being called at WJ HQ, started Tuesday as they clean out various departments. So not innuendo - fact, something is short supply on this site! Take a look at Linkedin where the staff who are being turfed are commenting. Wonderful method to terminate employees - scorched earth policy. Great for moral.

There will be more as we have seen the WJ CEO's comments and his thoughts on pilots. That is going to be one hell of a battle. ONEX is going for blood and they won't stop at anything to get their value back out of WJ. Wait for them to announce the sale of the 787's. The WJ of today is not the WJ of old.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

RoAF-Mig21 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:25 am I'm no expert, nor am I that smart at math and such (that's why I'm a pilot)... but how does one sell a $89 fare from YYZ to YVR and stay in business?
I don't know, but by the same token, how did WestJet Swoop sell 20 000 fares at $10 each Abbotsford to Edmonton and stay in business? Oh right, WestJet ate the loss to put the hurt on Flair, lost in court over it, and then just kept on subsidizing the pink bastard...

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

ThinMargins wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:36 pm I have had a lot of conversations with lessors over the past few days.

No you haven't, you're an internet keyboard warrior know it all claiming to know everyone and everything and nobody believes you.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

co-joe wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:57 pm
ThinMargins wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:36 pm I have had a lot of conversations with lessors over the past few days.

No you haven't, you're an internet keyboard warrior know it all claiming to know everyone and everything and nobody believes you.
While I 100% agree that he has not talked to any lessor, or would they talk to him, you do have to admit that everything he was saying was spot on.

El_Capitano
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by El_Capitano »

"Flair Airlines planes seized for non-payment made available for lease"
"The four Flair Airlines jets seized for non-payment of rent are on the market for lease. The planes' owner, Airborne Capital of Dublin..."
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busines ... rket-lease

"Flair’s Julia Haywood Becomes First Female Airline Board Chair In Canadian History"
"Flair Airlines has announced the election of Julia Haywood as chair of the company's board of directors, making her the first female..."
https://ca.travelpulse.com/news/airline ... story.html

Trouble in Flair-adise?

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

El_Capitano wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:28 pm "Flair Airlines planes seized for non-payment made available for lease"
"The four Flair Airlines jets seized for non-payment of rent are on the market for lease. The planes' owner, Airborne Capital of Dublin..."

"Flair’s Julia Haywood Becomes First Female Airline Board Chair In Canadian History"
"Flair Airlines has announced the election of Julia Haywood as chair of the company's board of directors, making her the first female..."

Trouble in Flair-adise?
Trouble because a BoD member was added? Huh?

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

El_Capitano wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:28 pm "Flair Airlines planes seized for non-payment made available for lease"

Trouble in Flair-adise?
I read that and all I see is that nobody wants to do business with airborne Capital any more. They have sewered themselves now.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

co-joe wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:19 am

I read that and all I see is that nobody wants to do business with airborne Capital any more. They have sewered themselves now.
I read it and see the exact opposite.

I see that Flair are now coming up with extremely creative excuses for flight cancellations:

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/trav ... nt-6737302

"A bird attacked the plane". Sounds like the aviation equivalent of "dog ate my homework".

braaap Braap
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by braaap Braap »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:08 am

I see that Flair are now coming up with extremely creative excuses for flight cancellations:

"A bird attacked the plane". Sounds like the aviation equivalent of "dog ate my homework".
You really thing that's how Flair is communicating things? A bird strike causing damage that requires downtime is hardly a "creative excuse". It's not like they have extra tails laying around to pick up the slack anymore.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

braaap Braap wrote:
You really thing that's how Flair is communicating things? A bird strike causing damage that requires downtime is hardly a "creative excuse". It's not like they have extra tails laying around to pick up the slack anymore.
The word was attack. The bird strike was another aircraft.

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

It's not like they have extra tails laying around to pick up the slack anymore.
I saw three of them sitting at Lake Simcoe Regional Airport today, but I'm guessing that the keys are not in them!

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:08 am
co-joe wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:19 am

That's probably an apt description since it tore a gear door off the aircraft.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

tbaylx wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:37 am That's probably an apt description since it tore a gear door off the aircraft.
Is there a report about this?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Is it still the evil leasing company’s fault?

Just checking.

accountant
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by accountant »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:08 pm Is it still the evil leasing company’s fault?

Just checking.
Wasn't flair supposed to shut down within days?

Just checking.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

CpnCrunch wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:55 am
tbaylx wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:37 am That's probably an apt description since it tore a gear door off the aircraft.
Is there a report about this?
CADORS 2023P0520 and our internal SMS report.

golden hawk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by golden hawk »

Spare Bonza Boeing 737 MAX Redirected To Flair Airlines

https://simpleflying.com/flair-airlines ... er_popup=1

Return to “General Comments”