ground schools canceled

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

highspeed
Rank 1
Rank 1

ground schools canceled

Post by highspeed »

April 3rd is last ground school. Everyone else in hold pool.
All hiring and training on hold indefinitely.
For those outside looking in, stay put.
The ones already in, looks like they have a plan to stay afloat. Fingers crossed.
---------- ADS -----------

slicktop
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: ground schools canceled

Post by slicktop »

I wonder how many applications WJ and AC have gotten from Flair pilots in the last few days.

Mrs. Andry
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mrs. Andry »

Is there any word on when we can expect to see a YHZ base?

MAX8 Driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MAX8 Driver »

Any merit to this rumour?

All hiring and training: As in, Command Upgrade Training? Any base reductions?

Not a good time to upset those already awarded upgrades and not follow through. Likewise with shuffling bases. Moving is not cheap. I hope some management can weigh in on this via townhall or here.

JakeLRS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JakeLRS »

I'm no industry expert, but maybe flair will be restructuring going forward. I can't see leasing companies wanting to give flair aircraft given all the recent press.

They need to figure out how to restructure and keep the business afloat, and if that means halting expansion and rejigging their internal afairs, then thats what needs to happen. They just started getting brand recognition, which frankly has gone down the hole amid the press.

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

Flair's CP, who is usually quite active here "dispelling" rumours and such, has been awfully quiet since the first news of aircraft repossessions broke.

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

I guess every single one of those claiming FO pay didn't matter because they wouldn't be FOs for long are about learn a lesson the hard way. I honestly hope they survive, since them failing will help no one in this business, least of all themselves. But hopefully this is a lesson for all. Think a little further ahead than just tomorrow's paycheque.

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

highspeed wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:52 pm April 3rd is last ground school. Everyone else in hold pool.
The ones already in, looks like they have a plan to stay afloat. Fingers crossed.
What sadist is going to show up for that groundschool if they haven’t already left their current job.

Mrs. Andry
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mrs. Andry »

Sharklasers wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:42 pm
highspeed wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:52 pm April 3rd is last ground school. Everyone else in hold pool.
What sadist is going to show up for that groundschool if they haven’t already left their current job.
Do you mean masochist?

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

I was thinking the same thing. Likely a case of "we are cancelling ground school because we're pretty sure nobody will show anyway". Saves a tiny little bit of PR...

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

Tbayer2021 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:48 pm Flair's CP, who is usually quite active here "dispelling" rumours and such, has been awfully quiet since the first news of aircraft repossessions broke.
Ya where are ya tbaylx? 🦗

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

April 3 is almost three weeks, probably time to rescind a resignation, if they weren’t waiting to give two weeks notice anyhow.
I don’t see how they get through this, honestly the CTA is already looking into the recent 777 bailout, who else would loan them money with no assets?

MAX8 Driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MAX8 Driver »

To be fair, these guys (Flt Ops Management) were blind sided by this and completely unaware of what was about to unfold.

At least management is trying to give us some information. The MEC? Here's a hotline to call someone who cares. These guys need to go.

BleedAirValve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BleedAirValve »

Wait a second people - we are forgetting one thing here. At least the CP had the decency to come on here and talk and answer questions about the hiring processes and environment at Flair. I think that says a lot about his/her character. With the current goings on and this pending lawsuit, I am sure they have been advised to not say too much.

Let’s not throw the person under the bus because they aren’t on here answering questions right now with all of this going on.

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

BleedAirValve wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:30 pm Wait a second people - we are forgetting one thing here. At least the CP had the decency to come on here and talk and answer questions about the hiring processes and environment at Flair. I think that says a lot about his/her character. With the current goings on and this pending lawsuit, I am sure they have been advised to not say too much.

Let’s not throw the person under the bus because they aren’t on here answering questions right now with all of this going on.
Your reasonability will likely be ignored... it is AvCanada after all...

MAX8 Driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MAX8 Driver »

BleedAIr Valve, exactly. The only leadership we as Flair pilots have seen thus far has been from Flight Ops. Not the CEO. Not the Union. Honesty and transparency is key.

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

BleedAirValve wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:30 pm Wait a second people - we are forgetting one thing here. At least the CP had the decency to come on here and talk and answer questions about the hiring processes and environment at Flair. I think that says a lot about his/her character. With the current goings on and this pending lawsuit, I am sure they have been advised to not say too much.

Yes, the problem was that he was strongly refuting everything that was being said that turned out to be true. So he was either saying those things without knowing the truth, therefore discrediting him and his claims that he knew better. Or he was purposefully misguiding new hires and potential applicants. Given his track record in this industry, I wouldn't put it past him to say whatever he needed to get bums on seats even if he knew it was a very risky proposition.

MAX8 Driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MAX8 Driver »

Tbayer2021 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:43 pm

Yes, the problem was that he was strongly refuting everything that was being said that turned out to be true. So he was either saying those things without knowing the truth, therefore discrediting him and his claims that he knew better. Or he was purposefully misguiding new hires and potential applicants. Given his track record in this industry, I wouldn't put it past him to say whatever he needed to get bums on seats even if he knew it was a very risky proposition.
Well above his paygrade, and you know that.

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

MAX8 Driver wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:50 pm

May have been. But if an incredulous individual is able to sound the alarm with incredible accuracy. I don't buy the argument that the CP was completely out of the loop in this matter.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

MAX8 Driver wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:50 pm

Absolutely correct.

Finance talks straight up the food chain. Flight Ops would not be privy. Deliberately so. In fact my gut tells me, based on listening to Flairs CEO, your Flight Ops department probable had a lot of smoke going up their behind.

Return to “Flair Airlines”