Random Phone Call

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Greasy Greaser
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Random Phone Call

Post by Greasy Greaser »

Been here for a bit, like everywhere, it has its ups and downs.
Overall I'd say its pretty darn good, getting direct into WestJet is the way to go.
There are a lot of negative people here like someone already said, just do your job while not being a dick and as soon as you walk off the airplane where ever or whatever airline you choose, turn off the work talk, whatsApp groups and especially telegram.

I've noticed a lot of people who are really bitter across the forums here seem to talk a lot on the Encore forum (maybe they work there) so maybe take things with a grain of salt here. Who am I kidding, you have to take everything with a grain of salt here...

*make sure you can do the 20% match*
---------- ADS -----------

Lose != Loose
averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

Greasy Greaser wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:43 am Been here for a bit, like everywhere, it has its ups and downs.
Overall I'd say its pretty darn good, getting direct into WestJet is the way to go.
There are a lot of negative people here like someone already said, just do your job while not being a dick and as soon as you walk off the airplane where ever or whatever airline you choose, turn off the work talk, whatsApp groups and especially telegram.

I've noticed a lot of people who are really bitter across the forums here seem to talk a lot on the Encore forum (maybe they work there) so maybe take things with a grain of salt here. Who am I kidding, you have to take everything with a grain of salt here...

*make sure you can do the 20% match*
I appreciate your positive spin on the situation at WestJet right now. Please don't think that the company is going to treat you any better than they treat Encorians.

Remember, the CSAs were told about Encore leaving Toronto months before pilots and flight attendants were told. The lack of respect from the company toward it's employees is as real as the exodus of 25% of Encore pilots to better pastures.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Oleo 4 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:59 am In regards to a major 705 carrier calling for a resume update. Just for a second lets take a collective breath and think where this industry is now vs 5-10 years ago. No longer does a up and coming pilot need to .. run valleys in the north while waking up every 3 hours during the night to ensure the jenny is still heating the plane to build hours.
Of this whole thread this caught my eye. By gawd man, who did you fly for 10 years ago that you had to start a generator for heat? :D I grew up in the north and never had to do that. Lol

Mostly Harmless
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Mostly Harmless »

flyinhigh wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:21 pm Of this whole thread this caught my eye. By gawd man, who did you fly for 10 years ago that you had to start a generator for heat? :D I grew up in the north and never had to do that. Lol
He had to keep waking up every 3 hours during the night to ensure Jenny is still... ahem... heating the plane, not a generator. :)

You know Jenny, he got her number off a wall. 867-5309... 🎶

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

flyinhigh wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:21 pm
Oleo 4 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:59 am In regards to a major 705 carrier calling for a resume update. Just for a second lets take a collective breath and think where this industry is now vs 5-10 years ago. No longer does a up and coming pilot need to .. run valleys in the north while waking up every 3 hours during the night to ensure the jenny is still heating the plane to build hours.
Of this whole thread this caught my eye. By gawd man, who did you fly for 10 years ago that you had to start a generator for heat? :D I grew up in the north and never had to do that. Lol
I would assume by jenny he meant a Janitrol aircraft heater. Pretty common.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Mostly Harmless wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:18 pm
flyinhigh wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:21 pm Of this whole thread this caught my eye. By gawd man, who did you fly for 10 years ago that you had to start a generator for heat? :D I grew up in the north and never had to do that. Lol
He had to keep waking up every 3 hours during the night to ensure Jenny is still... ahem... heating the plane, not a generator. :)

You know Jenny, he got her number off a wall. 867-5309... 🎶
Lol, I miss pikangikum.

That’s a great tune.

Return to “WestJet”