Still not asking the right questions

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Still not asking the right questions

Post by rigpiggy »

Actually you can.......you just can't fly there.
---------- ADS -----------

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

What I said is accurate.

CortoMaltese
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CortoMaltese »

khedrei wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:43 am
CortoMaltese wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:08 am
Most of us here don't live in your reality, and have returned to normal life, with no thoughts of COVID or the jab. I hope you get there eventually as well.
You have returned to what you call a normal life because you have obeyed, and you live in this reality imposed on you by those who have taken advantage of this crisis to consolidate their power and increase their wealth.
If everyone had had the courage to say no, and to give people the freedom to choose, we would never have come to this point.
And everyone would still be living in their own reality without disturbing the others.
Not only that, people are still walking around scared in masks, job ads still demand the vaccine, non US citizens can't visit the US legally without the shot.

I'd say thats still a ways from normal.

That is correct, we can't say we 're back to pre-covid, today's life is not normal.

Most of us here don't live in your reality
I live in my reality because yours scares me.

JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by JerryRig »

CortoMaltese wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:45 am
khedrei wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:43 am

You have returned to what you call a normal life because you have obeyed, and you live in this reality imposed on you by those who have taken advantage of this crisis to consolidate their power and increase their wealth.
If everyone had had the courage to say no, and to give people the freedom to choose, we would never have come to this point.
And everyone would still be living in their own reality without disturbing the others.
Not only that, people are still walking around scared in masks, job ads still demand the vaccine, non US citizens can't visit the US legally without the shot.

I'd say thats still a ways from normal.

That is correct, we can't say we 're back to pre-covid, today's life is not normal.

Most of us here don't live in your reality
I live in my reality because yours scares me.
Scares me too, and the data is still coming in. But much of that data is being covered up, clearly hiding the truth. The published death and injury rates on VARS is strangely getting getting over written, yet the public news reports are hinting at increasing trends, beneath distractions such as indictments and shootings. The powers that be just can't swallow the liability that is facing them.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

CortoMaltese wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:45 am today's life is not normal.
Sometimes (Not singling Covid there) Wrong personal life choices can do that to people.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

TG wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:44 am
CortoMaltese wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:45 am today's life is not normal.
Sometimes (Not singling Covid there) Wrong personal life choices can do that to people.
Yes, it was our personal life choices that cause people to drive around by themselves in their own cars wearing masks, scared.

I wish I made different personal choices.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

Most of us here don't live in your reality, and have returned to normal life, with no thoughts of COVID or the jab. I hope you get there eventually as well.
Obeyed to follow medical and scientific consensus, that's the nuance you are totally missing. And every situation will see scavengers taking avantage of it, it's human nature. You just imagined it to an all new Cult Level #10.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

TG wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:33 am
Obeyed to follow medical and scientific consensus, that's the nuance you are totally missing. And every situation will see scavengers taking avantage of it, it's human nature. You just imagined it to an all new Cult Level #10.
Pot shops and LCBO open. Nail salons and restaurants closed.

Clothing stores closed. Walmart open.

Masks needed, but only until you sit down.

I could go on forever. I won't argue that it was a consensus, but it was never science. If you want to talk about cults, don't forget to look in the mirror.

piperdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by piperdriver »

khedrei wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:00 am
CortoMaltese wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:08 am You have returned to what you call a normal life because you have obeyed, and you live in this reality imposed on you by those who have taken advantage of this crisis to consolidate their power and increase their wealth.

I could go on forever. I won't argue that it was a consensus, but it was never science. If you want to talk about cults, don't forget to look in the mirror.
I will add 2 more items to the non-sensical list of government decisions. Obesity greatly increased your odds of being hospitalized if you contracted the COVID-19 virus. Gyms=closed. Also little risk of contracting the Virus in outdoor environments and higher levels of vitamin D increased immunity against the virus=City of Toronto closed all the parks and playgrounds. I believe they were forced to reopen the parks after much public backlash.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

To put it very simply:
The medical and scientific consensus was basically to close everything up. Governments put some mitigation into it to the best of their abilities, more in some places less in others. You can spend your life second guessing why if you want but you will always have a few cards to help you figure it out, not the all deck.

Back to normal life except for those fighting a fight that doesn't exit.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

piperdriver wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:48 am

I will add 2 more items to the non-sensical list of government decisions. Obesity greatly increased your odds of being hospitalized if you contracted the COVID-19 virus. Gyms=closed. Also little risk of contracting the Virus in outdoor environments and higher levels of vitamin D increased immunity against the virus=City of Toronto closed all the parks and playgrounds. I believe they were forced to reopen the parks after much public backlash.
You're absolutely right. I could come up with a hundred more but its not worth my time. The people who don't see it now, TG, averagearbest, and others never will. They still trust the government after all the lies and think that because the government did it, it must be science, when in reality it was the compete opposite of science. In almost every situation, not only would you have been better off not listening to them, you would have done much better doing the complete opposite of what they said. Nothing the government did was even based in common sense, nevermind science. At this point, anyone who thinks that we are better off, or that the net result of what the government did was positive, is dreaming in technicolor. They are holding onto the hope that our government has our best interest at heart and is not completely inept. Perhaps they believe it because the alternative is too scary. Sadly its the truth.

JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by JerryRig »

khedrei wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:20 pm
piperdriver wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:48 am

You're absolutely right. I could come up with a hundred more but its not worth my time. The people who don't see it now, TG, averagearbest, and others never will. They still trust the government after all the lies and think that because the government did it, it must be science, when in reality it was the compete opposite of science. In almost every situation, not only would you have been better off not listening to them, you would have done much better doing the complete opposite of what they said. Nothing the government did was even based in common sense, nevermind science. At this point, anyone who thinks that we are better off, or that the net result of what the government did was positive, is dreaming in technicolor. They are holding onto the hope that our government has our best interest at heart and is not completely inept. Perhaps they believe it because the alternative is too scary. Sadly its the truth.
Well said.

J Roc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by J Roc »

khedrei wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:20 pm You're absolutely right. I could come up with a hundred more but its not worth my time. The people who don't see it now, TG, averagearbest, and others never will. They still trust the government after all the lies and think that because the government did it, it must be science, when in reality it was the compete opposite of science. In almost every situation, not only would you have been better off not listening to them, you would have done much better doing the complete opposite of what they said. Nothing the government did was even based in common sense, nevermind science. At this point, anyone who thinks that we are better off, or that the net result of what the government did was positive, is dreaming in technicolor. They are holding onto the hope that our government has our best interest at heart and is not completely inept. Perhaps they believe it because the alternative is too scary. Sadly its the truth.
FpstWW5XoAI38Ol.jpeg
FpstWW5XoAI38Ol.jpeg (31 KiB) Viewed 1204 times

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

khedrei wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:00 am Pot shops and LCBO open. Nail salons and restaurants closed.

A slight bit of logic and reality explains the lists above.
Pot shops were considered medical. That's why they were open. As well, cannabis products can be considered addictive. Why would the gov't block people's access to it and cause further issues, like break-ins, theft, withdrawal, etc... The same addictive properties can be said for the products sold at the LCBO. There was a rash of restaurants in our area that were targeted for alcohol theft because they were closed and stocked with easy pickings.
Purchasing new clothes was not a necessity so clothing stores didn't need to be open. If you really needed a pair of sock, Amazon and other online sources were available.
Walmart was open because they sell food, which is a necessity. The also typically have pharmacies, clinics, etc... Walmart made itself essential.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

broken_slinky wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:49 pm
khedrei wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:00 am Pot shops and LCBO open. Nail salons and restaurants closed.

A slight bit of logic and reality explains the lists above.
Pot shops were considered medical. That's why they were open. As well, cannabis products can be considered addictive. Why would the gov't block people's access to it and cause further issues, like break-ins, theft, withdrawal, etc... The same addictive properties can be said for the products sold at the LCBO. There was a rash of restaurants in our area that were targeted for alcohol theft because they were closed and stocked with easy pickings.
Purchasing new clothes was not a necessity so clothing stores didn't need to be open. If you really needed a pair of sock, Amazon and other online sources were available.
Walmart was open because they sell food, which is a necessity. The also typically have pharmacies, clinics, etc... Walmart made itself essential.
Logic and reality would also tell you that food was NOT considered essential, nor shelter because the people who owned these businesses now can't afford to pay their bills and feed their famililies.

Good thing we all have our priorities straight.

Return to “Covid”