JUST NEED SOME INSIGHTS
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore
JUST NEED SOME INSIGHTS
is it true that folks from up north are racist?, im foreigner need some insights
OK, i'll bite the dangling bait on this one:
what do you mean by "North" and what do you mean by racist? do they make fun of and are we sick of this "poor ole Kasheshewan" shit? yep...
do they tell non PC jokes around the campfire? Yep
do they expect you to dish it out just as good? you bettcha!
will you eventually earn the respect of your peers no matter what you look like? If you work hard, and can take a joke while standing up for yourself...no doubt about it.
what do you mean by "North" and what do you mean by racist? do they make fun of and are we sick of this "poor ole Kasheshewan" shit? yep...
do they tell non PC jokes around the campfire? Yep
do they expect you to dish it out just as good? you bettcha!
will you eventually earn the respect of your peers no matter what you look like? If you work hard, and can take a joke while standing up for yourself...no doubt about it.
-
mellow_pilot
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2119
- Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:04 am
- Location: Pilot Purgatory
They're not really racist, they're just venting thier anger. You'd be angry if you lived in an igloo and had to eat raw seal all the time.
Just like everyone in Russia is mad about having to wear those huge, silly, furry hats.
Oh, and if you're wondering about hippo races, they're Tuesday nights at 730 in Calgary, come naked.
Just like everyone in Russia is mad about having to wear those huge, silly, furry hats.
Oh, and if you're wondering about hippo races, they're Tuesday nights at 730 in Calgary, come naked.
Dyslexics of the world... UNTIE!
-
Wigwam Willie
- Rank 3

- Posts: 111
- Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:55 am
- Location: Sunny Delta
-
mellow_pilot
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2119
- Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:04 am
- Location: Pilot Purgatory
-
just another pilot
- Rank (9)

- Posts: 1069
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:05 pm
- Location: Edmonton
This is somewhat related to my question, I had experience this myself in quebec also some of my friends told me they also had similar experinces, just wanted to share this though my real question is still the upnorth thing. While I was in quebec I got somehow lost I approched 6 guys and 2 females to ask for directions but they all had similar responses they just stared at me as if im speaking an alien language then continued their walking I was asking them in english, then finally a guy who says he was originally from winnipeg gave me the direction.
so I figured the ratio of 8:1, a great majority of people from quebec are redneckS
so I figured the ratio of 8:1, a great majority of people from quebec are redneckS
-
just another pilot
- Rank (9)

- Posts: 1069
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:05 pm
- Location: Edmonton
Hmm. North of the U.S. border, do you mean Canada?
If you were in Quebec speaking anything other than French, don't feel bad - the rest of Canada gets treated the same way. Some may call it racism, however, our political scientists refer to it as an ethnic/regional cleavage
If you were in Quebec speaking anything other than French, don't feel bad - the rest of Canada gets treated the same way. Some may call it racism, however, our political scientists refer to it as an ethnic/regional cleavage
-
mellow_pilot
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2119
- Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:04 am
- Location: Pilot Purgatory
mellow_pilot wrote:Wait, you're telling me you think that anywhere north of a couple miles from the us border is french?
Rick Mercer would have a feild day with you.
no mellow_pilot as Ive said, I just want to share that story about quebec I know that french speaking canadians are from quebec not north of canada.
-
mellow_pilot
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2119
- Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:04 am
- Location: Pilot Purgatory
French speaking Canadians are also found in Ontario, Manitoba, NewBrunswick... I'm not going to go into a geography lesson here, but suffice it to say that while the French language in Canada is concentrated in Quebec, there are francophones throughout the country.
The jist of the sory as I understand it is that you asked some one who didn't speak english for directions and they didn't answer you and that makes the racist? Or at the least bad people? Forgive me if I'm a little confused...
The "staring as if you wre speaking an alien language" was probably cause to them, you were speaking an alien language. (though snobbery cannot be ruled out)
I'm sorry if my responses seemed a bit harsh, sarcasam doesn't tanslate well in text...
The jist of the sory as I understand it is that you asked some one who didn't speak english for directions and they didn't answer you and that makes the racist? Or at the least bad people? Forgive me if I'm a little confused...
The "staring as if you wre speaking an alien language" was probably cause to them, you were speaking an alien language. (though snobbery cannot be ruled out)
I'm sorry if my responses seemed a bit harsh, sarcasam doesn't tanslate well in text...
Dyslexics of the world... UNTIE!





