Is JerryRig Right?

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.

Is JerryRig right?

Yes, he sees what most people don't.
40%
His ideas seem plausible, but I'm not sure.
6%
He is a f***ing nut case.
54%

Total votes: 90

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Is JerryRig Right?

Post by averageatbest »

khedrei wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:26 am
So you do want to stifle free speech if YOU don't like it.

Got it. Thanks for clarifying
When you say "free speech," what you are referring to is Freedom of Expression.
2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication.
Unfortunately for your argument, that freedom refers to government intervention and not private restrictions. AvCanada is a private forum and therefore can restrict the content being posted to it. For example, try posting a word starting in F and ending in UCK.
---------- ADS -----------

rando
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rando »

khedrei wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:26 am So you do want to stifle free speech if YOU don't like it.

Maybe he is just a liberal cuck getting warmed up for the online censorship bill Trudeau is about to pass.

Get all you want out now, next year you might not be able to say it.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

averageatbest wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:39 am
khedrei wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:26 am
So you do want to stifle free speech if YOU don't like it.

When you say "free speech," what you are referring to is Freedom of Expression.
2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication.
Unfortunately for your argument, that freedom refers to government intervention and not private restrictions. AvCanada is a private forum and therefore can restrict the content being posted to it. For example, try posting a word starting in F and ending in UCK.
As I said, thanks for clarifying.

Were you one of the people that cheered on Twitter for banning people like Alex Berenson and Trump saying it was a private company but when Musk took over you were up in arms at people making similar comments to theirs? The private company argument only goes one way...

Careful, your authoritarian is showing. You should tuck that in...

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

flyer 1492 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:41 am I'm surprised the moderators of this website do not follow their published rules. Allowing a poll that attacks an individual is against their standards of conduct. Will we see the moderators remove the poll or will they change their standards to allow defamation of an individual's character?
If it were up to me, this sub-forum would have been closed long ago; however, it's not my decision. That authority belongs to AvCanada management/ownership. WRT moderation, I have been personally taking a hands-off approach to this sub, and leaving it up to the users to police themselves, or kick it up two levels to AvCanada management.

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

khedrei wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:34 pm

Were you one of the people that cheered on Twitter for banning people like Alex Berenson and Trump saying it was a private company but when Musk took over you were up in arms at people making similar comments to theirs? The private company argument only goes one way...

Cheered on Twitter?

You are so far out of touch, you can't wipe your own butt.

Twitter is failing because it sucked and then a loser who was upset that people weren't agreeing with him bought it and set it on fire.

Last edited by averageatbest on Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

averageatbest wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:29 pm
khedrei wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:34 pm

Cheered on Twitter?

You are so far out of touch, you can't wipe your own butt.

Twitter is failing because it sucked and then a looser who was upset that people weren't agreeing with him bought it and set it on fire.
Perhaps you are correct. Please mr smart person, can you show me your authoritarian ways. When I grow up I want to be a bully and try to make people I dont agree with go away hiding behind an anonymous internet tag, just like you.

For your information, Twitter is now actually making money. It was stagnant since its creation with the stock price more or less the same as the IPO.

But maybe thats your definition of setting something on fire. To each their own I guess. I trust you though since you are the smart one and I'm the out of touch one.

Your comment shows that my reference to free speech and Twitter went so far over your head... and you were at FL450

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

khedrei wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:41 pm Perhaps you are correct. Please mr smart person, can you show me your authoritarian ways. When I grow up I want to be a bully and try to make people I dont agree with go away hiding behind an anonymous internet tag, just like you.

For your information, Twitter is now actually making money. It was stagnant since its creation with the stock price more or less the same as the IPO.

But maybe thats your definition of setting something on fire. To each their own I guess. I trust you though since you are the smart one and I'm the out of touch one.

Your comment shows that my reference to free speech and Twitter went so far over your head... and you were at FL450
https://businessmodelanalyst.com/is-twitter-profitable/
Is Twitter Profitable? No, Twitter is currently not profitable. The company last reported a profit in 2019

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

averageatbest wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:32 pm
khedrei wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:41 pm Perhaps you are correct. Please mr smart person, can you show me your authoritarian ways. When I grow up I want to be a bully and try to make people I dont agree with go away hiding behind an anonymous internet tag, just like you.

Is Twitter Profitable? No, Twitter is currently not profitable. The company last reported a profit in 2019
Glad to see you can address the main points.

How about this then. How do you feel about the results of your poll so far?

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

khedrei wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:10 am Glad to see you can address the main points.

They are resultant of the opinions of the voters.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Where we seem to be going. Liberal supported.

https://twitter.com/BillboardChris/stat ... 3484912642

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:37 am Where we seem to be going. Liberal supported.

Congratulations, you found a video of an idiot being assaulted by another idiot.

Why don't you tell me how I fall under another political label that you have negative feelings toward.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

averageatbest wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:53 am
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:37 am Where we seem to be going. Liberal supported.

Congratulations, you found a video of an idiot being assaulted by another idiot.

Why don't you tell me how I fall under another political label that you have negative feelings toward.
Well, we know where you stand, don’t we now.

This isn’t being reported at all by the biased CBC, only about a million people on Twitter are laying into the police about it for watching an innocent man assaulted and laughing about it.

Oh, and Vancouver is rapidly becoming a toilet bowl.

Most overrated city in the world, perhaps.

Last edited by rookiepilot on Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

averageatbest wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:53 am

In your view, what topic/issue would be acceptable to protest without making someone an idiot?

kgb531
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kgb531 »

I'm guessing Jerry Rig et al are running out of email usernames.
khedrei wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:10 am
averageatbest wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:32 pm

Glad to see you can address the main points.

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

khedrei wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:36 pm In your view, what topic/issue would be acceptable to protest without making someone an idiot?
JerryRig is not protesting. He is someone who has demonstrated that he lacks understanding of the basics of society and science. He is an idiot in the most literal sense of the word.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

averageatbest wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:30 am
khedrei wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:36 pm In your view, what topic/issue would be acceptable to protest without making someone an idiot?
JerryRig is not protesting. He is someone who has demonstrated that he lacks understanding of the basics of society and science. He is an idiot in the most literal sense of the word.
I give up.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

If I sign up for Fox News online when it’s canceled on cable due to Liberal pressure, will the Libt——s here clamour for my bank account to be frozen?

I never watch Fox. Somehow now I want to…..

Asking for a friend.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... n-fox-news

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

Looks like mods are cleaning up non covid non aviation threads. I can only assume this one will be next....

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

khedrei wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:20 pm Looks like mods are cleaning up non covid non aviation threads. I can only assume this one will be next....

You know what they say about 'assume'! :wink: :lol:

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

I guess I can now assume you won't do your job then.

Return to “Covid”