Is JerryRig Right?

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.

Is JerryRig right?

Yes, he sees what most people don't.
40%
His ideas seem plausible, but I'm not sure.
6%
He is a f***ing nut case.
54%

Total votes: 90

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Is JerryRig Right?

Post by averageatbest »

What do you think? Is it time for JerryRig to have his posting rights revoked or is he our knight in shining armour?
---------- ADS -----------

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Is JerryRig Right?

Post by Bingo Fuel »

As per the COVID forum sticky, any topics are welcome as long as they're not personal attacks. JerryRig has already been given multiple short term "breaks" for his conduct.

I don't blame JerryRig. He's a product of the media he consumes. I wish this forum would rethink its policies, and consider returning to normal circa 2019.
avcanada wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:57 am This forum is open and free to discuss anything Covid related. This forum will only be moderated in a manner to remove personal attacks. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. No topic will be removed in this forum or deleted without my consent. If you have an issue with any topic or post send me a PM directly.

Joe

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
mmm...bacon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by mmm...bacon »

AvCanada has had its cranks over the years: there was the flat-earther with their bullshit about why didn't we, as pilots, need to keep pushing forward on the stick so that we didn't keep climbing out of the atmosphere; there is/was some dude who keeps cropping up with some BS about how the Wright Brothers *weren't* the first to maintain powered flight; yet another who had a fascination with low-level cross/tailwinds being the primary cause of accidents - that's three that I can remember right off the top of my head. All three petered out over time.

If we are so annoyed by JR's drivel, then I suggest that we collectively add him/her to our 'ignore' list. The posts will sink to the bottom of the active topics, and eventually s/he'll get tired of yelling into the void...

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

Maybe we could completely drop the Covid board. This is an aviation site not conspiracy site. Pandemic is 99% behind us now maybe avCanada can move on.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Invertago wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:34 am Maybe we could completely drop the Covid board. This is an aviation site not conspiracy site. Pandemic is 99% behind us now maybe avCanada can move on.
This

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Invertago wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:34 am Maybe we could completely drop the Covid board. This is an aviation site not conspiracy site. Pandemic is 99% behind us now maybe avCanada can move on.
+2
I try to ignore it but it’s the rubberneck effect, my morbid curiosity always has me come check what coocoo stuff is being posted, perhaps if it was just gone I could find something else to amuse me.
I am looking forward to 150 million people vanishing by 2025, I feel way too crowded these days, where do they come up with this stuff!

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

I don't agree with most of his posts, but I would strongly be against having him blocked from posting.

That is exactly the direction we are headed here in Canada -- Don't agree with someone, cancel them. Today, Covid. Tomorrow, who knows?

At the rate we are going, it will soon be a criminal offense to express a view different from the government one. And I don't mean on Covid. It's a dangerous direction.

You can see it coming. Let's not be a part of that.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

rookiepilot wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:16 pm I don't agree with most of his posts, but I would strongly be against having him blocked from posting.

That is exactly the direction we are headed here in Canada -- Don't agree with someone, cancel them. Today, Covid. Tomorrow, who knows?

At the rate we are going, it will soon be a criminal offense to express a view different from the government one. And I don't mean on Covid. It's a dangerous direction.

Well Rookie I don’t agree with a lot of what you say but I do agree with this. What a time to be alive.

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

cdnavater wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:30 am
+2
I try to ignore it but it’s the rubberneck effect, my morbid curiosity always has me come check what coocoo stuff is being posted, perhaps if it was just gone I could find something else to amuse me.
I am looking forward to 150 million people vanishing by 2025, I feel way too crowded these days, where do they come up with this stuff!
+3
I suffer from the same twisted curiosity as cdnavater. Just can't wait to see what eyerolling site JR digs up from the bowels of the internet when decided to go on a super deep dive.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

rookiepilot wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:16 pm I don't agree with most of his posts, but I would strongly be against having him blocked from posting.

It’s true, I’ve always been supportive of self censorship, I have an illness, I’m going to look for a support group to get over my urge to read this forum.
Partly in jest but true, self censorship preferred!

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

mmm...bacon wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:13 am AvCanada has had its cranks over the years: there was the flat-earther with their bullshit about why didn't we, as pilots, need to keep pushing forward on the stick so that we didn't keep climbing out of the atmosphere; there is/was some dude who keeps cropping up with some BS about how the Wright Brothers *weren't* the first to maintain powered flight; yet another who had a fascination with low-level cross/tailwinds being the primary cause of accidents - that's three that I can remember right off the top of my head. All three petered out over time.

If we are so annoyed by JR's drivel, then I suggest that we collectively add him/her to our 'ignore' list. The posts will sink to the bottom of the active topics, and eventually s/he'll get tired of yelling into the void...
We mustn't forget that guy with the theory about float approaches behind the curve.

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

You have to look back at all the stuff that happened in the past 3 years that people were called conspiracy nut jobs over and then realize that a lot of it became reality. Remember all the silly arrows in the aisles at the grocery store? Or wearing a silly mask to walk into a restaurant and then sit down because you had an imaginary Covid blocking shield around your table? Or having to show your vax papers to some 19 year old girl to go into a restaurant or watch your kids play hockey. Remember the golf courses being closed and benches and playgrounds being roped off in parks? Then there was mandatory vaccines or you would lose your job and livelihood.

We need people to question all that went on and what is going on now.

“The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.”

Ronald Reagan

Let’s Go Brandon
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Inverted2 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:25 pm You have to look back at all the stuff that happened in the past 3 years that people were called conspiracy nut jobs over and then realize that a lot of it became reality. Remember all the silly arrows in the aisles at the grocery store? Or wearing a silly mask to walk into a restaurant and then sit down because you had an imaginary Covid blocking shield around your table? Or having to show your vax papers to some 19 year old girl to go into a restaurant or watch your kids play hockey. Remember the golf courses being closed and benches and playgrounds being roped off in parks? Then there was mandatory vaccines or you would lose your job and livelihood.

“The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.”

Ronald Reagan
Playgrounds being closed when there was zero evidence of outside transmission was stupid in the extreme.

My major issue with our lovely government on this is how they have absolutely destroyed the mental health of our young people, and children, an issue that continues today.

They don’t give the slightest rat f— about that either. They ran them over.

And the Libta——s will troll and bleat, “what would you have done different”.

Hey. Not my issue. I didn’t run for PM.

Want to sit in the big chair, do it right, drama teacher.

We saved some lives of some sick, old people who would die anyway of something else, and sacrificed countless young people in the process. Think suicides.

We all good with that?

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

rookiepilot wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:32 pm
Inverted2 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:25 pm You have to look back at all the stuff that happened in the past 3 years that people were called conspiracy nut jobs over and then realize that a lot of it became reality. Remember all the silly arrows in the aisles at the grocery store? Or wearing a silly mask to walk into a restaurant and then sit down because you had an imaginary Covid blocking shield around your table? Or having to show your vax papers to some 19 year old girl to go into a restaurant or watch your kids play hockey. Remember the golf courses being closed and benches and playgrounds being roped off in parks? Then there was mandatory vaccines or you would lose your job and livelihood.

Ronald Reagan
Playgrounds being closed when there was zero evidence of outside transmission was stupid in the extreme.

My major issue with our lovely government on this is how they have absolutely destroyed the mental health of our young people, and children, an issue that continues today.

We saved some lives of some sick, old people who would die anyway of something else, and sacrificed countless young people in the process. Think suicides.

We all good with that?
So you are saying that this is not an image of a sick man who is being given a platform to promote downright stupid ideas. You are legitimizing an ignoramus.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

averageatbest wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:05 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:32 pm

Ronald Reagan

We all good with that?
So you are saying that this is not an image of a sick man who is being given a platform to promote downright stupid ideas. You are legitimizing an ignoramus.
No, I am not, but a lot of this was not handled well at all, either.

I talked to my own MP about longer term mental health concerns.

Wasn’t explicitly said, but I got the idea, young people don’t vote. The elderly, do.

They could have trained thousands of nurses, and doctors, certified foreign ones, long before. Now they are talking about it.

Jerry Rig doesn’t hold a candle to how badly they pooched this crisis.

Last edited by rookiepilot on Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

Ronald Reagan
Remember when the hospital ICUs were overloaded with covid infections?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

dialdriver wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:18 pm

Ronald Reagan
No actually I don’t. That’s just what the media said which I trust as much as a politician which isn’t a lot!
I do remember lots of hospital workers getting canned for not taking the vax, and I remember others making silly tic tok videos in their Covid costumes. I know more people who ended up sick from the shots than the actual WuFlu.

Let’s Go Brandon
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

Inverted2 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:28 pm
dialdriver wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:18 pm

Ronald Reagan
No actually I don’t. That’s just what the media said which I trust as much as a politician which isn’t a lot!
I do remember lots of hospital workers getting canned for not taking the vax, and I remember others making silly tic tok videos in their Covid costumes. I know more people who ended up sick from the shots than the actual WuFlu.
But did you actually go to see by yourself? And again the hospital workers you are talking about were mainly clerk/Office workers with no proper medical education like you and me and pretty much anyone on this board, etc...But sure you had it all figured out from the start :roll:

Kind of like Karen or Joe Blow not understanding why their flight has a delay (For your freaking safety)

And yes JerryRig lost the plot but hey! if conspiracy stuff is what gives him or her a goal in life so be it. Some uses religions instead....

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

As the virus is mostly past us now and few people are bothering with boosters what is left is both sides seeking to justify their previous decisions during the pandemic. There are a good number of pilots who sacrificed their careers over their jab decision and now they want to find vindication for their choice. I suspect JerryRig lost a job over the vax. He needs to view every health issue as related to the vax in order to justify his decision.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

100% in agreement. The purveyors of QAnon like conspiracy theories has to be an embarrassment, at this point in time one would have thought the owners/moderators of this site would take note and move on from this sub-forum.

Last edited by Old fella on Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Covid”