Page 1 of 1
Top 5 Busiest Flightschools in Canada
Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:52 am
by shamrock104
Any takers or opinions where the top 5 busiest schools are located in Canada? Where would you likely gain the most hours and experience as a Flight Instructor? My vote goes to Harvs in Manitoba.
Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:41 am
by V1 Rotate
I'd say schools on the West Coast.
Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:26 pm
by cyyz
Harvsair
Moncton
Toronto Airways(if you include the Seneca Program)
That's the top 3 imo...
Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:01 pm
by Jeffbrownridge
Brampton has to be up there...
Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:25 pm
by cyyz
Jeffbrownridge wrote:Brampton has to be up there...
I was going to put brampton, but their college program had 7 people last year, also I'm not sure how many people actually are learning to fly there, it is a "flying club." So if the renters are just pilots who rent the plane, I'm not sure if we "should" be counting that. But, I'd agree brampton probably has several roledex's of renters.
BFC
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:21 am
by COUG
CYYZ the bfc college program had more than 7 people last year.
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:24 am
by Joe1981
PFC has to be one of the busiest as well - they've bought another aircraft and all the schools at Boundary Bay seem to be chuggin along
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:31 am
by bob sacamano
Jeffbrownridge wrote:Brampton has to be up there...
You must be on crack.
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:06 pm
by Clothesliner
cyyz wrote:Toronto Airways(if you include the Seneca Program
Seneca took over their own Ab Initio training a few years ago. They bought 7 brand new 172s in which to do it, too (or maybe it was only 5... a whack, anyhow). I think Toronto Airways is still pretty dang busy, though.
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:03 pm
by JW
http://www.airports-worldwide.com/canada.html
With over 200,000 take offs and landings, any school at Boundary Bay must be very busy.
JW
Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:18 pm
by C-GPFG
TAL flew around 14,000 hours last year. The full-time Seneca program is not part of TAL.
Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:27 pm
by flyindude
bob sacamano wrote:Jeffbrownridge wrote:Brampton has to be up there...
You must be on crack.
Hence, the Brampton reference.
Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:45 pm
by Capt. Obvious
Instructors at Sault College get about 700 - 1000 hrs a year. Not to mention 5hrs of PD (personal development) a month on a fully aerobatic trainer. All instructors get some multi time, the college pays for any instructor rating upgrade, written tests, etc. and at the end of your contract renews your group 1.
And as instructing jobs go, I think they pay the best. I don't think anywhere really tops that.
Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:32 am
by Capt. Obvious
Also, Mr Cooper at FC does aight...

Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:04 am
by Dizzy
I made more as a class one than I ever did at Sault College
Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:36 pm
by Dodger
The Cegep in Chicoutimi (CQFA) is also probably up there. Remember they have 80 full time (5 days a week) students flying 10 months a year. 17 Beechcraft sundowners, 2 jet rangers, 2 navajos, 2 185's, and 3 simulators. I say that is pretty busy.
Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:16 am
by all_ramped_up
Pacific Flying Club
Professional IFR/VFR