YHZ base going forward.

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

YHZCL
Rank 1
Rank 1

YHZ base going forward.

Post by YHZCL »

Anyone with info on the YHZ base/if they still have a Q400 base there and will they be opening an E2 base in Halifax?

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: YHZ base going forward.

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

YHZCL wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:42 am Anyone with info on the YHZ base/if they still have a Q400 base there and will they be opening an E2 base in Halifax?

Thanks.
There is still a YHZ base on the Q4.

As far as the E2 YHZ base, possibly….eventually, also maybe not..,. but if it does happen, it’ll be after YOW, and YUL/YHU, I’m sure.

Timetoflyagain
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Timetoflyagain »

..and there are YHZ pilots commuting to YYZ to fly the E2 under the commuting program. When YOW/YHU and eventually/possibly/probably YHZ opens up they will be sitting pretty seniority wise. They will bid to commute to YOW/YHU which will be easier, then eventually YHZ. A couple years of commuting hassle for a really good #.

carnie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by carnie »

As far as YHZ and YOW they are both quite senior bases.(top 25% seniority) I reckon once those bases open practically all the Q folks will snatch up all the E2 spots.

YHZCL
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by YHZCL »

Thanks for the info.

YHZCL
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by YHZCL »

Any updated info on this topic? What’s the current wait for a DEC Q400 to get a spot in YHZ?
Also, I know it may be very early to tell but what’s the timeline for a YYZ e2 captain to get a YHZ spot.

Thanks.

braaap Braap
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by braaap Braap »

YHZCL wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:08 pm Any updated info on this topic? What’s the current wait for a DEC Q400 to get a spot in YHZ?
Also, I know it may be very early to tell but what’s the timeline for a YYZ e2 captain to get a YHZ spot.

Thanks.
Hard to say for the Q. There are a bunch of FOs upgrading out there so the staffing is about to flip out there (already heard theyre short on FOs).

E2 YHZ base, impossible to say. No plans for the base have been announced

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 8895 »

At least for anyone waiting on an E2 base in YHZ, if they’re starting to deploy some tails out east and like the numbers they see out there that has to be a good sign.

Here’s hoping the YHZ Q pilots don’t have their blocks cut down after the equipment change. Lots of great people out there.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Return to “Porter Airlines”