For the younger ones with a propensity for the written word

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Locked
. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 7374
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.
Contact:

For the younger ones with a propensity for the written word

Post by . ._ »

Have you ever written a letter?

Put pen or pencil to paper, written a message, put it in an envelope (with a stamp), then put it in the mailbox?

You old fogies may laugh, but I'll bet money that there are people that frequent here that have never written a letter.

Well, whippersnappers? Have ya?


Image

-istp :wink:
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 6103
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:02 pm
Location: Hamilton
Contact:

Post by hazatude »

To Penthouse...
---------- ADS -----------
 
grimey
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2979
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:01 am
Location: somewhere drunk

Re: For the younger ones with a propensity for the written w

Post by grimey »

istp wrote:Have you ever written a letter?
Does my census report or income tax count? How about letters to Santa?
---------- ADS -----------
 
costermonger
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 881
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:52 pm

Post by costermonger »

If school sanctioned pen pals count, then yes. If they don't, then no.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Louis
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 997
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:28 pm
Location: CYUL

Post by Louis »

Hmm, let's see:

Handwritten: One letter back in 4th grade to a school set up pen pal. Come to think of it the teacher took care of the mailing.
Typed: One interview thank you letter.

I didn't count resumes and their cover letters, of which only a handful were actually mailed. (Either I delivered in person or people preferred e-mail.)

So, ISTP, what's my score? 0, 1, 2?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Walker
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:17 pm
Location: Left Coast... (CYYJ)

Post by Walker »

Whats a stamp?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Wigwam Willie
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:55 am
Location: Sunny Delta

Post by Wigwam Willie »

I write letters, or what I call, requests to my guests all of the time. Does that count?


Image

The world is my canvas!
---------- ADS -----------
 
Image

Pass the dutchie on the left hand side.
User avatar
x-wind
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: Around

Post by x-wind »

I have never written a letter and sent it :oops: (except for the grade 5 pen pals)

I have written a lot of letters to a select few girls that didn’t go through the mail 8)

A friend of mine writes letters all the time, she writes to her relatives all over the world many of them she has never met. I think that’s pretty neat and I'm going to write someone one of these days.
---------- ADS -----------
 
. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 7374
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.
Contact:

Post by . ._ »

Moms and grandmothers really like a hand-written letter. If there is a photo in it too, it'll end up on the fridge. And they'll bail you out of jail that much sooner too! (So I hear.)

Just a little hint to the younger ones.

-istp :wink:
---------- ADS -----------
 
Locked

Return to “The Water Cooler”