Current pool Scenario

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

capt_Z
Rank 3
Rank 3

Current pool Scenario

Post by capt_Z »

Heard people are getting notified of being placed in the pool. Can anyone shed some light on the current scenario and timeline after that?
---------- ADS -----------

pilotguy53
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Current pool Scenario

Post by pilotguy53 »

I was part of the walk-in interviews in early March. About a week and a half ago I received an email saying I was successful and placed in the hiring pool. If you check the other threads, there is conversation that all groundschools have been postponed until 2024 - although the CP just said that one might run in May.

Roundel Randy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roundel Randy »

pilotguy53 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:12 pm I was part of the walk-in interviews in early March. About a week and a half ago I received an email saying I was successful and placed in the hiring pool. If you check the other threads, there is conversation that all groundschools have been postponed until 2024 - although the CP just said that one might run in May.
If you don't mind my asking, how was the interview? Was it more of a meet and greet or more formal/standard? What's your TT (if you don't mind divulging)?

highspeed
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by highspeed »

I replied back to the canceled ground schools. No acknowledgment. No info.

Complete radio silence.

Good to hear some are being contacted.

pilotguy53
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pilotguy53 »

I never got an email talking about cancelled groundschools - it's purely forum-based gouge...

pilotguy53
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pilotguy53 »

Roundel Randy wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:29 pm
pilotguy53 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:12 pm I was part of the walk-in interviews in early March. About a week and a half ago I received an email saying I was successful and placed in the hiring pool. If you check the other threads, there is conversation that all groundschools have been postponed until 2024 - although the CP just said that one might run in May.
If you don't mind my asking, how was the interview? Was it more of a meet and greet or more formal/standard? What's your TT (if you don't mind divulging)?
It was formal (although some chumps were wearing jeans and t-shirts). There is supposed to be a group exercise, COMPASS test and panel interview. At the walk-in's, there was only the COMPASS test and panel interview. The type of COMPASS test you did depended on if you were applying for FO or Capt, I believe. I did the full one and it took 90 minutes, and some of the tests were quite challenging. This is the exact style of test they used:

https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/site/my ... elist.html

Short term memory, spatial awareness, multi-tasking, flight control, ATPL knowledge (some questions in meters).

The panel interview was very relaxed. Both HR and the hiring pilot were easy to talk to. Standard "tell me about a time..."/"what would you do..."/"why Flair" questions. TT 1800 jet.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

pilotguy53 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:53 am
Roundel Randy wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:29 pm
It was formal (although some chumps were wearing jeans and t-shirts). There is supposed to be a group exercise, COMPASS test and panel interview. At the walk-in's, there was only the COMPASS test and panel interview. The type of COMPASS test you did depended on if you were applying for FO or Capt, I believe. I did the full one and it took 90 minutes, and some of the tests were quite challenging. This is the exact style of test they used:

https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/site/my ... elist.html

Short term memory, spatial awareness, multi-tasking, flight control, ATPL knowledge (some questions in meters).

The panel interview was very relaxed. Both HR and the hiring pilot were easy to talk to. Standard "tell me about a time..."/"what would you do..."/"why Flair" questions. TT 1800 jet.
Sry people went to an interview wearing a t-shirt?

I get jeans as long as they are put together with a collared shirt and blazer, but tee shirt. May as well have worn a tank top.

As much as I harp on Flair, I feel bad for them wasting their time with that mentality.

capt_Z
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by capt_Z »

Everyone who went for Walk-ins got a reply—some in the pool some PFOed.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

I hope anyone who walked in wearing jeans and tshirt were promptly shown the door. I've seen Starbucks applicants walk in better dressed than that!

Return to “Flair Airlines”