Vote

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Vote

Post by flyinhigh »

Just read that 95% of pilots voted, with 93% in favour of striking.

Well done, hold the line. Westjet management has not been able to figure out their arse from a hole in the ground for far to long. Time for them to pony up and treat each and everyone of you with respect.
---------- ADS -----------

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Vote

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

Great turnout, great result. Stick it to the man

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

Good job guys! I thought the yes vote would be higher but impressive nonetheless. I’m not sure why anyone would vote against a strike.

sstaurus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by sstaurus »

Some Swoop guys said they wouldn't vote yes because they know the union wants to seek pay parity and a full rebid.

Aeroncachump
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aeroncachump »

Pilots who haven't signed their card were also allowed to vote. I suspect that the majority of those would lean towards the no side of the vote.

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL030 »

We've got your back, soon to be ALPA brothers and sisters!

Canadaflyer46
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

Aeroncachump wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:55 am Pilots who haven't signed their card were also allowed to vote. I suspect that the majority of those would lean towards the no side of the vote.
There's still a handful of these delusional pieces of work who will side with the company no matter how much abuse. They're an embarassment to the industry. It's only a shame they don't get to keep the current working conditions for themselves as the rest of us move on with a new CA.

PPpilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PPpilot »

ant_321 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:34 am Good job guys! I thought the yes vote would be higher but impressive nonetheless. I’m not sure why anyone would vote against a strike.
Swoop DECs who could potentially (and probably will) lose their position. Also some old timers that still drink the koolaid. Surprisingly, they are the ones who have put us in this position to begin with, yet they still don't care about anyone but themselves.

Last edited by PPpilot on Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnionDrive
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by UnionDrive »

You really think Trudeau and his side kick first officer [EDITED]will let you guys strike? Good luck with that.

:smt014
ACYYC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ACYYC »

UnionDrive wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:52 pm You really think Trudeau and his side kick first officer [EDITED] will let you guys strike? Good luck with that.
The NDP are supposedly pro-labour, and the Liberals/NDP don't care about western businesses anyway. It would probably be better politically to side with labour on this one. They can appear pro-labour with their left leaning supporters while most of the economic damage of the strike would be in Western Canada, a region they don't really care about anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if they let the strike happen.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

PPpilot wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:50 pm
ant_321 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:34 am Good job guys! I thought the yes vote would be higher but impressive nonetheless. I’m not sure why anyone would vote against a strike.
Swoop DECs who could potentially (and probably will) lose their position. Also some old timers that still drink the coolaid. Surprisingly, they are the ones who have put us in this position to begin with, yet they still don't care about anyone but themselves.
We have the same problem over at AC.

The "old timers" are the ones who so willingly sold out the "young" to better themselves (I'm and "old timer, so its my right to say it). They "sliced and diced" selling the contract cheap to better themselves, not caring one fig about the consequences of Rouge or much at all about what was going on at the bottom of the seniority list. They sold the farm for a handful of beans....idiots all. They are likely the same JO's kicking and sniveling and crying about going to ALPA.

Get on the train, it's leaving the station....or don't. No one gives two craps, just don't try to block it as it gets it's head of steam.

See you all on the 8th.

Last edited by RippleRock on Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

UnionDrive wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:52 pm You really think Trudeau and his side kick first officer [EDITED] will let you guys strike? Good luck with that.
LOL. As much as I detest the guy, that's clearly racist..... BTW.

Jags all for a strike, you're getting him confused with the she-demon Lisa Raitt the Conservative rat.

UnionDrive
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by UnionDrive »

RippleRock wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:35 pm
LOL. As much as I detest the guy, that's clearly racist..... BTW.

Jags all for a strike, you're getting him confused with the she-demon Lisa Raitt the Conservative rat.
It’s not. Fact is not racist!

WP.

Yowdriver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Yowdriver »

Facts aren’t racist. but you can have different political view from someone and still not have to call him a [EDITED]

How about you have some respect for yourself and mind how you talk, your racism is showing.

wing'd
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by wing'd »

+1

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

UnionDrive wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:52 pm You really think Trudeau and his side kick first officer [EDITED]will let you guys strike? Good luck with that.
I don't like the No Down Payment party any more than you, but lets not insult his religion here. Him being an idiot is completely separate from him being a Sikh.

UnionDrive
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by UnionDrive »

EDITED.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Sorry, Union…that’s twice in one thread. Take a posting holiday for a while. And, while you’re gone, take a little time to think about racism, and how it’s generally unacceptable nowadays. :roll:

The rest of y’all…knock it off - there should be no repetition of those words, even if they did say ‘Jehovah!’

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
TheLastonetoknow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TheLastonetoknow »

For the guys/gals who were there for the last vote, curious if gut feelings are different then the previous situation/vote?

billhill
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by billhill »

So racism is not ok today but was ok yesterday??? I was not aware of that fact...I thought it was never acceptable...just sayin

Return to “WestJet”