Montreal E2 base announced

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Timetoflyagain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Montreal E2 base announced

Post by Timetoflyagain »

Well..another step. Internal transfers for an E2 Montreal base opened today. August 2023 target for pilots. Cabin crew to follow. Future flying will be out of both YUL and YHU.
---------- ADS -----------

THT
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Montreal E2 base announced

Post by THT »

Porter is growing very quickly. It's very promising.
It opens the door for the YUL pilot. As you said, it is still a step forward and it is not finished... 8)

arthurt
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by arthurt »

Is there any plans for the Q400 based in YUL ? Or it will be juste in YHU ?

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

arthurt wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:32 pm Is there any plans for the Q400 based in YUL ? Or it will be juste in YHU ?
Right now it’s only the E2, but eventually once the terminal is built you can most likely expect the DH8 there as well.

airbussy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by airbussy »

There's two E2s sitting in YVR and haven't moved in a while. I heard the x-country flights have been pretty empty, is the expansion out west doing OK?

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 8895 »

airbussy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:24 pm There's two E2s sitting in YVR and haven't moved in a while. I heard the x-country flights have been pretty empty, is the expansion out west doing OK?
The YYZ-YVR flights have had solid loads from the get go actually. I’d assume that’s the most expensive ticket in the network so that’s nice to see. The YYC and YEG loads didn’t seem to be performing as well from what I’ve seen whenever I checked, although the YYC loads today and tomorrow seem to be better than before, if still a little spotty. Would be curious to know how many travellers switched to porter for those YYC flights during the WJ pilot strike scare.

I’m sure Montreal will be an important crew base for porter, especially with their codeshare with AT continuing to ramp up. The 2 companies seem like a natural fit on a lot of levels, plus I’m sure both companies know they need friends if they’re gonna compete with the big red monopoly out east. Once more people realize they can connect with porter to YYZ or YUL to hop on a transat flight for vacation you’d hope that there’d be higher loads with the connecting pax.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

airbussy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:24 pm There's two E2s sitting in YVR and haven't moved in a while. I heard the x-country flights have been pretty empty, is the expansion out west doing OK?
Don’t know where you’re getting your info. West flying has been 80% full for sure.

Only routes a little light are YUL, and YOW.

Also, don’t forget this is a new thing for the entire country. Deluce knows this and they have a plan. It’s all about how things connect, it’s too early to make predictions

Return to “Porter Airlines”