E2 days off

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

E2 days off

Post by garfield »

Hi,

How many days off do you get usually on the embraer per bloc or month?

thanks
---------- ADS -----------

cjp
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: E2 days off

Post by cjp »

12 GDOs.
Occasional grey days (don't pickup).
Golden GDOs you can specifically add to the month.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

garfield wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:33 pm Hi,

How many days off do you get usually on the embraer per bloc or month?

thanks
Block credit hours are roughly 70-80 hours right for non trainers line holders. Roughly half a months work, give or take a day or two.

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by garfield »

12 GDOs and Golden ones, does that mean they can move your GDOs if they are not golden?

Also do you bid your GDOs and flights by seniority with the company or by type/position seniority?

Thanks

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

garfield wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:45 am 12 GDOs and Golden ones, does that mean they can move your GDOs if they are not golden?

Also do you bid your GDOs and flights by seniority with the company or by type/position seniority?

Thanks
GDOs cannot be moved. The Golden GDO is biddable to have days off you require (4 days a year I believe).

Schedules are pure seniority based, if your junior you can expect RSV. Pairings are quite inefficient at the time as we don’t have a lot of flights, but as the summer ramps up more crews are needed on the line and pairings are significantly better.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

flyinhigh wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:51 am
garfield wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:45 am 12 GDOs and Golden ones, does that mean they can move your GDOs if they are not golden?

Thanks
GDOs cannot be moved. The Golden GDO is biddable to have days off you require (4 days a year I believe).

Schedules are pure seniority based, if your junior you can expect RSV. Pairings are quite inefficient at the time as we don’t have a lot of flights, but as the summer ramps up more crews are needed on the line and pairings are significantly better.
One caveat here: during training (up to line check) scheduling can move your GDOs.

Edit 1: you also get 6 GGDOs. Those can’t be moved. Can use 2 in a month

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:36 pm

Thanks

One caveat here: during training (up to line check) scheduling can move your GDOs.

Sorry, if they can move your days off, by default they are not GDOs, the G is guaranteed. What’s the extra G for in GGDO?

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

cdnavater wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:27 pm

Sorry, if they can move your days off, by default they are not GDOs, the G is guaranteed. What’s the extra G for in GGDO?
During training, if you have extra “grey days” and they need you, they can draft you if you are “contactable” and then move you GDO onto a previous grey day to avoid paying you draft pay. It’s a shit move, but only during training.

GGDOs are “golden GDOs”. These are bid 2 months ahead, and can never be moved.

Again, GDOs cannot be moved by crew sked,… except while you’re getting screwed over in training :P

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:33 pm

During training, if you have extra “grey days” and they need you, they can draft you if you are “contactable” and then move you GDO onto a previous grey day to avoid paying you draft pay. It’s a shit move, but only during training.

Again, GDOs cannot be moved by crew sked,… except while you’re getting screwed over in training :P
Ok, copy that, they should call the grey days, shady day, the G is misleading.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

cdnavater wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:44 pm
CaptDukeNukem wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:33 pm

Ok, copy that, they should call the grey days, shady day, the G is misleading.
Yea. Very.

During training rules are weird. After training, GDOs are GDOs, grey days = shady days. GGDOs are golden days that are awarded prior to seniority bidding.

Man_in_the_sky
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Man_in_the_sky »

i tought that was social bidding ?

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Man_in_the_sky wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:05 pm i tought that was social bidding ?
No, pure seniority for everything.

Timetoflyagain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Timetoflyagain »

..the big difficulty is that at any given time right now the majority of flights are line indoc/line checks. Additionally no one’s been bidding at all, all blocks are manually created and scheduled and I’m sure crew planning has suicide counsellors on speed dial. Bidding is scheduled to commence for July. Critical mass of consolidated pilots. Next hurdle is critical mass of Captains who can do low vis. But yes, when in training all bets are off…

cjp
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cjp »

Timetoflyagain wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:09 am ..the big difficulty is that at any given time right now the majority of flights are line indoc/line checks. Additionally no one’s been bidding at all, all blocks are manually created and scheduled and I’m sure crew planning has suicide counsellors on speed dial. Bidding is scheduled to commence for July. Critical mass of consolidated pilots. Next hurdle is critical mass of Captains who can do low vis. But yes, when in training all bets are off…
Gotta be honest, it's pretty fun having 8 bars in the cockpit. Unfortunately incredibly inefficient.

It's funny when you show up thinking you're low man, when in fact you gotta lead. :rolleyes: I just wanna sit and chill, eat banana bread and drink a little cafe.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

cjp wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:35 pm
Timetoflyagain wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:09 am ..the big difficulty is that at any given time right now the majority of flights are line indoc/line checks. Additionally no one’s been bidding at all, all blocks are manually created and scheduled and I’m sure crew planning has suicide counsellors on speed dial. Bidding is scheduled to commence for July. Critical mass of consolidated pilots. Next hurdle is critical mass of Captains who can do low vis. But yes, when in training all bets are off…
Gotta be honest, it's pretty fun having 8 bars in the cockpit. Unfortunately incredibly inefficient.

It's funny when you show up thinking you're low man, when in fact you gotta lead. :rolleyes: I just wanna sit and chill, eat banana bread and drink a little cafe.
Or 8 bars up front and a 777 crew in the back being trained. Now that’s efficient, haha

cjp
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cjp »

flyinhigh wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:12 am
cjp wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:35 pm

Or 8 bars up front and a 777 crew in the back being trained. Now that’s efficient, haha
But are they eating banana bread? I thought not!

WF9F
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WF9F »

flyinhigh wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:36 am
Man_in_the_sky wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:05 pm i tought that was social bidding ?
No, pure seniority for everything.
Good, the way it should be.

Bryce55
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Bryce55 »

Do your GDO increase with your seniority or do they stay at 12 days a month?

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

Bryce55 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:51 am Do your GDO increase with your seniority or do they stay at 12 days a month?
Stays at 12 per month.

Vacation entitlement increases over time.

Bryce55
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Bryce55 »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:30 am
Bryce55 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:51 am Do your GDO increase with your seniority or do they stay at 12 days a month?
Stays at 12 per month.

Vacation entitlement increases over time.

Do you know if E2 pilot usually make it to they’re home base everyday or is that just for Q400 crew

Return to “Porter Airlines”