Warning before coming!

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Warning before coming!

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

Do not come here unless working towards an ATPL. Don’t expect to get to AC. Anything in the contract will be followed as management pleases. Do not believe anything promised by management during your interview. Finally lower your expectations, as you are at the worst paying 705 in Canada!
---------- ADS -----------

airbussy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Warning before coming!

Post by airbussy »

Lol man you guys are so negative. Jazz was some of the best flying I've ever done and was treated better than I am now.

AC is not a guarantee. It never was. For me, or for anyone else. Does the pay suck? Yes. The rest of the contract however is one of if not the best in the country. When/if you ever leave you'll realize it.

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

airbussy wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:55 pm Lol man you guys are so negative. Jazz was some of the best flying I've ever done and was treated better than I am now.

AC is not a guarantee. It never was. For me, or for anyone else. Does the pay suck? Yes. The rest of the contract however is one of if not the best in the country. When/if you ever leave you'll realize it.

Do not take the gazillion posts from 2-3 individuals here as an accurate measurement of the atmosphere at Jazz. Can things be better? Sure they can!! A lot actually, just like everywhere else in the Canadian aviation industry. But it definitely is not as bad as some would lead everyone to believe.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Jazz is good…if you are a flight instructor looking to get 705 experience, sign off your atpl and move on. Not really sure how it’s a good career place. Please enlighten me! Thanks.

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

It’s important to understand what the OP is saying.

If you’re young, low time and need to build hours/experience, Jazz is great. If you’re a little older and established in life, have experience and are looking to move into the airline world with the path leading to AC, Jazz is likely NOT the best fit.

I also spent time at Jazz and I agree, it was a FANTASTIC place to work. Post covid it’s an entirely different story however. I can hand over heart say I am deterring friends looking to go there as I can see there are MANY different/better options for them to reach their end goal.

I sincerely hope Jazz is able to right the ship, as it “was” a great place to be. Sadly, it’s simply not anymore.

I don’t think it’s right to slam the OP simply because they have a negative feeling towards them. This person does have some (not all) valid points that ppl should be exposed to.

The best thing anyone can do is educate themselves on pros and cons for their next job. Fully understand what you’re getting yourself into and if it’ll suit your lifestyle. Then choose carefully.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Completely agree with what you say. People who left pre Covid rave about jazz, however post Covid it has changed a lot. For people with careers established here, DB pensions, C2 passes, Upgradable DH, and separate pay scale it has its perks. Hopefully it shines once again.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

:?
canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:45 pm Completely agree with what you say. People who left pre Covid rave about jazz, however post Covid it has changed a lot. For people with careers established here, DB pensions, C2 passes, Upgradable DH, and separate pay scale it has its perks. Hopefully it shines once again.
I’ve been at Jazz quite a few years and it has definitely taken a turn for the worse post covid. Other than the lousy take home pay we have a good contact. It’s the deductions that is really the killer here. The pay especially FO new hires needs to change.

Let’s Go Brandon
canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Inverted2 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:05 pm :?
canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:45 pm Completely agree with what you say. People who left pre Covid rave about jazz, however post Covid it has changed a lot. For people with careers established here, DB pensions, C2 passes, Upgradable DH, and separate pay scale it has its perks. Hopefully it shines once again.
I’ve been at Jazz quite a few years and it has definitely taken a turn for the worse post covid. Other than the lousy take home pay we have a good contact. It’s the deductions that is really the killer here. The pay especially FO new hires needs to change.
Unfortunately a good contract does not help when your take home pay is just above 2000 monthly and a one bedroom apartment in Toronto and Vancouver is well over 2000 monthly. You can’t pay a mortgage with massage benefits.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:39 am
Unfortunately a good contract does not help when your take home pay is just above 2000 monthly and a one bedroom apartment in Toronto and Vancouver is well over 2000 monthly. You can’t pay a mortgage with massage benefits.
So, Quit! Complaining on avcanada won’t change that, quitting might if more did it!

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Imagine a world where all pilots were paid the same.....

how does Jazz then compare to other operations.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

cdnavater wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:41 am

So, Quit! Complaining on avcanada won’t change that, quitting might if more did it!
Already out the door :)
Good luck on your future endeavours as well!

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:55 am

It’s about time, good luck with your new path, hope it works out for you!

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

cdnavater wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:00 am
Thank you and I hope jazz works out for you too. 🤞

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:01 am
cdnavater wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:00 am

Thank you and I hope jazz works out for you too. 🤞
Me too

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

The purpose of contract 2015 and contract 2019 was to reinforce that Jazz is a ‘stepping stone’ airline.

Problem is the authors thought that the ‘stepping stone’ tenure at Jazz would be 2-4 years. Unfortunately, in todays industry (many better opportunities for pilots with a Part 705 type endorsement) that Jazz tenure can be as little as 3-6 months.

Further proof that status quo is untenable.

capt_Z
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by capt_Z »

How's Flair treating you buddy?

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Junior Jazz pilots are ten ply.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

capt_Z wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:10 am
Amazing!!

capt_Z
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by capt_Z »

canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:20 pm
capt_Z wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:10 am

Amazing!!
How many leaving for WJ now?

hank998899
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by hank998899 »

capt_Z wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:17 pm
canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:20 pm
capt_Z wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:10 am How's Flair treating you buddy?
Amazing!!
How many leaving for WJ now?
I thought you’d know, or why would you even care? From the guy who spreads rumours about Jazz stopping their GS’s by end of June and also the guy that got PFO’ed…

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”