New immigration program to fill in-demand jobs. Pilots made the list.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: New immigration program to fill in-demand jobs. Pilots made the list.

Post by cdnavater »

jakeandelwood wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:43 am
Blueontop wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:53 am
jakeandelwood wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:19 am I dont know why, no criminal record, no violations. 2/3rds of my time is multi IFR with about 300 hrs of that pic, the rest is single engine. I thought maybe its because I'm 50, but with all the employers preaching diversity now that shouldnt be an issue, but then again maybe they figure a 50 year old has a mortgage etc and wont last making what they start you off at
Multi-ifr on a twin piston or turbo prop? The other 900ish is in single piston. If your answer is twin piston that’s most likely what’s holding you back, if there’s no other red flags in your interviews. Are you only applying to regionals or anything that will take your resume?
Well, accepting poverty wages to get ahead always has been the problem in this industry hasnt it? Problem i guess for me is I'm not 20 anymore living at home and can afford that. My multi time is mostly split evenly between turbine and piston but the pic multi is piston, no multi pic turbine. I've been applying to anything i have the hours and credentials for and i dont really care what i fly, i always thought survey flying might be my thing.
Do you have multiple failed PPCs? This would be apparent in your logbook, that will send up red flags to interviewers.
If you have some experience, I don’t understand why you’re not even getting called, maybe your resume needs tweaking in its presentation.
Which company did you turn down? Can you revisit that, maybe that will get you the calls you want, after some time there, depending on what that is.
---------- ADS -----------

jakeandelwood
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by jakeandelwood »

cdnavater wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:52 pm
jakeandelwood wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:43 am
Blueontop wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:53 am

Multi-ifr on a twin piston or turbo prop? The other 900ish is in single piston. If your answer is twin piston that’s most likely what’s holding you back, if there’s no other red flags in your interviews. Are you only applying to regionals or anything that will take your resume?
Well, accepting poverty wages to get ahead always has been the problem in this industry hasnt it? Problem i guess for me is I'm not 20 anymore living at home and can afford that. My multi time is mostly split evenly between turbine and piston but the pic multi is piston, no multi pic turbine. I've been applying to anything i have the hours and credentials for and i dont really care what i fly, i always thought survey flying might be my thing.
Do you have multiple failed PPCs? This would be apparent in your logbook, that will send up red flags to interviewers.
If you have some experience, I don’t understand why you’re not even getting called, maybe your resume needs tweaking in its presentation.
Which company did you turn down? Can you revisit that, maybe that will get you the calls you want, after some time there, depending on what that is.
yeah, you are probably right with your last sentence. No failed PPC, s no failed tests or any flight tests at all. I had a few interviews, no one even wanted to see my logbook which i had with me, i thought that was a bit strange, I turned down Mag Aerospace, fire detection. I actually really wanted to do it i just couldnt quite afford to with my mortgage and other things on the go at the moment with money. I'll maybe re apply for next year, hopefully they may re consider me. Thanks for your advice

Chelsea Handler
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chelsea Handler »

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/202 ... aving.html

Skilled Immigrants to Canada are leaving.

When is daddy Trudeau going to put some good policy to turn things around? Probably win another election with all of his free money for all policy.

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

Many of the comments after the article claim that Canadians are racist. Did none of these people see the numerous pictures and videos of the Prime Minister in Blackface before they decided it was a good idea to come here?

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Chelsea Handler wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:01 pm https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/202 ... aving.html

Skilled Immigrants to Canada are leaving.

When is daddy Trudeau going to put some good policy to turn things around? Probably win another election with all of his free money for all policy.
There's a certain irony though that an immigrant is complaining there are too many immigrants for the available jobs...

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship

Return to “General Comments”