WestJet Encore

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

mike0892
Rank 0
Rank 0

WestJet Encore

Post by mike0892 »

hi , recently got email from WestJet for the next stage interview process. Encore Q400 Pilot- First Officer position. i have done the first stage via HireVue. just some basic hr questions.
does anyone know if WestJet will hire a pilot who has open work permit in Canada but not a Canadian passport or PR, how important it is to company?
and the second question , does anyone know some information about the next step interview?
---------- ADS -----------

itscavok
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: WestJet Encore

Post by itscavok »

+1

I got an invite for the hirevue link on July 9th.

Just wondering what to expect on the interview with HR and the Captain.

Not too sure about hiring on a work permit. I believe as long as you can get the US crew visa and RAIC, they might just consider.

mike0892
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mike0892 »

itscavok wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:07 am +1

Not too sure about hiring on a work permit. I believe as long as you can get the US crew visa and RAIC, they might just consider.
they invited me for the next step interview with captain and hr , also gave me a link for 6 AON assessments for skill test.
the interview will be on aug 24. what to expect from the interview they sad its 90 mins :)
by the way the assessments test will be : Reaction rate , Moving dots , Relative bearing indicator , Tube flight , multi-tasks , behavior test.

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

mike0892 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:53 pm hi , recently got email from WestJet for the next stage interview process. Encore Q400 Pilot- First Officer position. i have done the first stage via HireVue. just some basic hr questions.
does anyone know if WestJet will hire a pilot who has open work permit in Canada but not a Canadian passport or PR, how important it is to company?
and the second question , does anyone know some information about the next step interview?
The application page states:

"Current valid passport and Canadian Permanent Resident Card if you are not a holder of a Canadian passport"

mike0892
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mike0892 »

yes , how they still continue the application with me with this case.
do you think im spending my time then ?

mike0892
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mike0892 »

JBI wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:10 am
mike0892 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:53 pm hi , recently got email from WestJet for the next stage interview process. Encore Q400 Pilot- First Officer position. i have done the first stage via HireVue. just some basic hr questions.
The application page states:

"Current valid passport and Canadian Permanent Resident Card if you are not a holder of a Canadian passport"
yes , how they still continue the application with me with this case.

fox12
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fox12 »

Interesting! I thought they need at least a PR
Keep us updated on how it goes

itscavok
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by itscavok »

mike0892 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:17 am yes , how they still continue the application with me with this case.
Do you have turbine time and or multi crew time ?

Hope it works out, good luck

mike0892
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mike0892 »

itscavok wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:45 pm
mike0892 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:17 am yes , how they still continue the application with me with this case.
Do you have turbine time and or multi crew time ?

Hope it works out, good luck
no, i have just ATPL with pistol time

lvf_abv_clouds
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lvf_abv_clouds »

“Pistol time” yeah that’ll do it lol, those interviewers better behave

mike0892
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mike0892 »

lvf_abv_clouds wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:31 am “Pistol time” yeah that’ll do it lol, those interviewers better behave
:lol: :lol: :lol:

itscavok
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by itscavok »

mike0892 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:48 am
by the way the assessments test will be : Reaction rate , Moving dots , Relative bearing indicator , Tube flight , multi-tasks , behavior test.
I had the same questions on my assessment!

How was the interview with the Captain and HR ?

Me262
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Me262 »

mike0892 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:48 am
itscavok wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:07 am +1

they invited me for the next step interview with captain and hr , also gave me a link for 6 AON assessments for skill test.
the interview will be on aug 24. what to expect from the interview they sad its 90 mins :)
Time to invest in a high quality Logitech gaming mouse and huge mouse pad?

Blueangels7
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Blueangels7 »

Anyone can please help me with questions they gonna ask on the main interview for fo encore? Much helpful and appreciated

Mrpilot30
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mrpilot30 »

Hello guys,,
Seeking advice here… would it be wise to go to encore right now? Get 100 pics and pay the extra 50 h out of my pocket to get the atp requirements.. Or stay where im at now flying single turboprop up north with the possibility to upgrade to capt within the next year but that would put me in a bond of 20k for 2 years..my goal is the mainline either westjet or AC just not sure which is the fastest way to get there…TT 800h
Thanks in advance..

Canadaflyer46
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

Mrpilot30 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:15 pm Hello guys,,
Seeking advice here… would it be wise to go to encore right now? Get 100 pics and pay the extra 50 h out of my pocket to get the atp requirements.. Or stay where im at now flying single turboprop up north with the possibility to upgrade to capt within the next year but that would put me in a bond of 20k for 2 years..my goal is the mainline either westjet or AC just not sure which is the fastest way to get there…TT 800h
Thanks in advance..
Get your ATPL as quick as possible before going to a regional IMHO. Then dedice whether you're aiming for AC or WJ. If your goal is AC then go to Encore, if your goal is WJ then go to Jazz.

Me262
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Me262 »

Canadaflyer46 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:46 pm
Thanks in advance..
Get your ATPL as quick as possible before going to a regional IMHO. Then dedice whether you're aiming for AC or WJ. If your goal is AC then go to Encore, if your goal is WJ then go to Jazz.
Why would you not go directly to AC/WJ if you have your ATPL

Canadaflyer46
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

Me262 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:12 am
Canadaflyer46 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:46 pm
Thanks in advance..
Why would you not go directly to AC/WJ if you have your ATPL
The last class at WJ was 100% filled from Jazz. I'm not sure on AC lately, but I believe the vast majority are hired from other 705 carriers with a sprinkling of corporate and military. 1500 hours and a fresh ATPL is tough to get on at WJ/AC. I've seen it happen lately at WJ, but it's rare.

Return to “Employment Forum”