ATC/FSS Drug Testing / Medical

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

youngatc12
Rank 0
Rank 0

ATC/FSS Drug Testing / Medical

Post by youngatc12 »

Hello!

Wondering how many days after your offer do you have to get your medical and drug test? is it 10 or 30 days from receiving your offer on the phone or officially by email? Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by youngatc12 on Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
GopherYEG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: ATC/FSS Drug Testing / Medical

Post by GopherYEG »

youngatc12 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:37 pm Hello!

Wondering how many days after your offer do you have to get your medical and drug test? is it 10 or 30 days from receiving your offer on the phone or officially by email? Thanks
When I did all my stuff for FSS, they wanted the drug test done ASAP after the offer was accepted, and you needed to book your appointment with a CAME as soon as they could take you. I got in to see a CAME about a month from the day I called for the appointment.

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

GopherYEG wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:57 pm

When I did all my stuff for FSS, they wanted the drug test done ASAP after the offer was accepted, and you needed to book your appointment with a CAME as soon as they could take you. I got in to see a CAME about a month from the day I called for the appointment.
Understanding FSS is different than ATC, did you need a CAT 2 medical? Or was there an alternate form yoyu needed to get the CAME to complete?

marthacleary63
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by marthacleary63 »

You need a Cat 2 medical. It’s basically the same as a Cat 2 apparently my CAME told me. The wait time for results is around 3 months he also said :)

GopherYEG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GopherYEG »

kaye.boe wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:08 pm
GopherYEG wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:57 pm

Understanding FSS is different than ATC, did you need a CAT 2 medical? Or was there an alternate form yoyu needed to get the CAME to complete?
ATC need a Cat 2 medical. It's a different process for FSS.

Rupert
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Rupert »

Got my initial email offer still waiting on my official offer through workday but in my email it said 30 days but may be different for the different courses/firs

youngatc12
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by youngatc12 »

Does nav Canada confirm when you pass the drug test? How long does that usually take?

nrgxlr8tr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nrgxlr8tr »

no but they inform you if you fail. it shouldn't take too long after it's submitted, maybe a week

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”