Yr 1 FO $130k

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Yr 1 FO $130k

Post by altiplano »

Remove 4 year flat and the seniority on WB FO spots will realign after the first bid.. There won't be new hires on them any more. Same with 320/737 to an extent once the shortage is further addressed.

New hires will be joining as RPs and 220 FOs for the most part.

I'd love to see $130K year 1, but I think everyone is going to be disappointed if that's their expectation. I have high expectations across the board, but I believe you will see $80-90K first year probation pay and then go formula pay and that's a big win. I would take that over 2 year flat at a higher rate. Get everyone on formula ASAP.
---------- ADS -----------

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

altiplano wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:02 pm Remove 4 year flat and the seniority on WB FO spots will realign after the first bid.. There won't be new hires on them any more.
Exactly this. 100%.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
accountant
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by accountant »

daedalusx wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:37 pm
altiplano wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:02 pm Remove 4 year flat and the seniority on WB FO spots will realign after the first bid.. There won't be new hires on them any more.
Exactly this. 100%.
Good luck getting this when the hold the liners want to eat cake before you do.

Get in line and fight it out.

Hunger Games here we go!

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

accountant wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:10 pm
daedalusx wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:37 pm
Exactly this. 100%.
Good luck getting this when the hold the liners want to eat cake before you do.

Get in line and fight it out.

Hunger Games here we go!
You're descending into the "idiotic pathological depths" now. It's clear you have a vendetta.

Get help before it's too late. Or just do everyone a big favour and GF yourself.

Everyone else...

HOLD THE LINE

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

I really don't understand the obsession with entertaining 'accountant'. It doesn't matter what the outsiders think. Don't feed the trolls kids!! :lol:

Return to “Air Canada”