interview clothing

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
avi8tr78
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:57 am

interview clothing

Post by avi8tr78 »

got an interview, do I go suit and tie or slacks and shirt?
---------- ADS -----------
 
...
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4581
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:18 pm

Post by ... »

Dave Letterman once said to Robbin Williams

"would it have killed ya to have worn a tie?"

Look the part, image and perception is everything. Turn it up a notch..and be yourself and feel comfortable in your own skin.
---------- ADS -----------
 
flyinhigh
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3147
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:42 pm
Location: my couch

Post by flyinhigh »

If its for thunder, we'll all laugh if you show up in a suit.
A shirt and tie will safice.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Babel Fish
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: town to town, up and down the dial...

Post by Babel Fish »

Depends on who your interviewing with...if it's an airline or corporate aircraft, then I'd go with s suit...if it's with a northern operator, charter operator, medevac, etc. you could get away with a shirt and tie (I'm assuming pants will be part of the ensemble) and maybe a sports coat, but that's optional. Basically take into consideration the type of operation, then decide what would be appropraite - you certainly never want to under-dress, but at the same time you want to avoid over-dressing. My 2 cents. Good luck!
---------- ADS -----------
 
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Fred Allen
User avatar
oldtimer
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2296
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:04 pm
Location: Calgary

Post by oldtimer »

Suit and tie.
Better to go in looking like a nerd than a jerk.
I am serious, it shows you care.
Most CP's of a bush or cargo ops will say a suit is nice but not necessary, after he hires you.
---------- ADS -----------
 
The average pilot, despite the somewhat swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 am

Post by Doc »

I always wear the shortest mini skirt I can fit into. Leather, naturally! And fishnet thigh highs! Lipstick red "cum phuque me" pumps! And, of course, my "Do You Like Pussies?", skin tight snake skin bra!
What do YOU THINK you should wear? Jeans, and a sweatshirt? Do you want the job??
---------- ADS -----------
 
ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3239
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:58 am

Post by ScudRunner »

Show up ready to go!!! A snappy Flight suit with all the patches says I take it deep up the hoop for little money.

Image
---------- ADS -----------
 
Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 10430
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 6:40 am
Location: CYSH
Contact:

Post by Hedley »

As the old saying goes, you can never go wrong with a thong! :wink:

Obviously, emulate the corporate culture, be it plaid shirt and work gloves, or polyester w/tie.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Justwannafly
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 896
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:12 am
Location: Cyberspace

Post by Justwannafly »

Depends on the place & person your applying too...if its a northern Job I wouldn't dress up in a suit...but then I also wouldn't show up in a T-shirt & ripp'd jeans.

I once show'd up with the full pilot look....& some nice clean sneakers...& the CFI critizied me for not wearing dress shoes...I hadn't worn them to the interview becuase I wouldn't wear them to instruct in. I find when doing forced approaches ect my rudder control is way better with sneekers then with dress shoes....so who knows...it all depends on the CFI
---------- ADS -----------
 
Image
Rudy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:00 am
Location: N. Ont

Post by Rudy »

flyinhigh wrote:If its for thunder, we'll all laugh if you show up in a suit.
A shirt and tie will safice.
And if you show up here with a tie someone will cut it off with a knife (that really happened once). It really depends on where you are. Try and ask someone who works there.
---------- ADS -----------
 
water wings
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 928
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:09 pm

Post by water wings »

Doc wrote:I always wear the shortest mini skirt I can fit into. Leather, naturally! And fishnet thigh highs! Lipstick red "cum phuque me" pumps! And, of course, my skin tight snake skin bra!
... and not so long ago, more fashion tips...
Doc wrote:Wondering if I can wear my new lipstick red pumps while pumping my, um, er, floats?
Also, would you guys go for pantyhose...or something a little more flashy? Say black fishnets? Or at very least, silk with just a little garter showing?
And my micro-mini? Still like leather? Or something in a synthetic?
Doc, you're starting to worry me buddy, time to take a break me thinks... :lol:
---------- ADS -----------
 
Image
Walker
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:17 pm
Location: Left Coast... (CYYJ)

Post by Walker »

Personally I think that a Latex body suit is the way to go

Image

Not too flashy, but at the same time lets people know you a serious "MoFo"
---------- ADS -----------
 
BlueSkies12
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:12 am

Post by BlueSkies12 »

These are all fantastic suggestions. Maybe a tux? Don't forget the corsage for the boss though.
---------- ADS -----------
 
At least it'll be warm in hell...
Lurch
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:42 pm

Post by Lurch »

Walker wrote:Personally I think that a Latex body suit is the way to go

Image

Not too flashy, but at the same time lets people know you a serious "MoFo"
Don't forget the tube sock.

Just make sure you don't poke them while shaking their hand.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Take my love
Take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care
I'm still free
You cannot take the sky from me
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4820
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:33 am
Location: YYC 230 degree radial at about 10 DME

Post by co-joe »

Image

This has never failed me once... Honest.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”