How the PM stole freedom

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
JustaCanadian
Rank 2
Rank 2

How the PM stole freedom

Post by JustaCanadian »

---------- ADS -----------

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: How the PM stole freedom

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Don't worry. PP isn't PM yet.

You can still masturbate without a licence.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by porcsord »

Aviation related.... how?

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

‘Bob’ wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:59 pm Don't worry. PP isn't PM yet.

You can still masturbate without a licence.
Meanwhile, expect Trudeau to tax it because he says friction is adding to global warming. You will have to pay by the stroke but fortunately be able to use your current logbook to keep track of it all. Who said that there was no benefit from PE?

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

For those who thought they knew better :)

https://pierrekorymedicalmusings.com/p/ ... cause-they

The FDA Settled With Us Because They Knew They Were Going To Lose
After 4 years of catastrophic health agency tyranny, physicians finally score a legal victory. I think the FDA settled because their Pharma masters were terrified of discovery. Here is the backstory.

PIERRE KORY, MD, MPA
MAR 22, 2024
In my book, The War on Ivermectin, Chapter 33 is called “The Horse Dewormer PR Campaign.” I invite you to see this previous post where I detail the campaign’s highly coordinated and sequentially timed actions between the FDA, CDC, AMA, APHA and corporate controlled media (i.e. late night hosts, news broadcasts, newspapers etc). Clearly, the goal of the campaign was to convince the public that ivermectin was a dangerous and ineffective horse dewormer.

In the wake of that campaign, pharmacies stopped filling valid, legal prescriptions and hospitals removed ivermectin from their formularies. Never had an FDA approved drug, one of the (if not the) safest prescribed medications in history ever been vilified or restricted to this extent. Just like hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin had to be stopped.

The FDA’s role in that campaign started with the posting of the below tweet on August 21, 2021, a week after the report on the below left came out, showing a massive rise in ivermectin prescriptions in the U.S during the deadly Delta wave.

JustaCanadian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by JustaCanadian »

Are there any liberals here? I have a question for the liberals about carbon tax.

If most Canadians get more money back from the rebate, than they spend on carbon taxes, how does the carbon tax work to reduce emissions?

OK if no liberals question also open to bloc, NDP and greens, you all in the same boat with the vote.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Unless you’re dirt poor you won’t get back more than you pay. It’s just a giant scam that most sheep are starting to finally wake up to.

Let’s Go Brandon
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Just think….they scare you into thinking the world will end. Then they implement a massively expensive policy that is offset by India and China in about a month. Then they implement the carbon tax and prices go up. Meanwhile you pay more GST on the higher prices across the board. The government rakes in billions and tells you that you are getting more back than what you paid.

And people keep on voting for it, including significant percentages of our own family members.

No wonder we never stop having people give money to phone scammers and have stupid accidents.

You were told a decade ago the Justin and the Liberals are just not ready. But an emotional wave of greed overcame Canadians in what was one of the best governments ever and now our standard of living continuously gets lower, we have an outright racist government that is literally trying to kill the industries(energy) that literally keep this country going(which is simply replaced by Middle East tyrants) and we are the laughing stock of the world in an ever more criminalized society.

Meanwhile, they an ever growing number of pigs at the trough dependent on government money whether directly or indirectly that vote to keep them in and demonizes anyone that questions this governments policies as they don’t want their taxpayer subsidized lifestyle interrupted.

What a disaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLX7F44Htsw

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Inverted2 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:45 pm Unless you’re dirt poor you won’t get back more than you pay. It’s just a giant scam that most sheep are starting to finally wake up to.
No, on average people get back more than they pay. Maybe if you think about it youll figure out how that is possible.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

CpnCrunch wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 am
Inverted2 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:45 pm Unless you’re dirt poor you won’t get back more than you pay. It’s just a giant scam that most sheep are starting to finally wake up to.
No, on average people get back more than they pay. Maybe if you think about it youll figure out how that is possible.
Thanks for the analysis. Could you show us how you came to your conclusion and provide an explanation for this.....

Carbon tax higher than rebate for most

A new report by Canada’s independent, non-partisan Parliamentary Budget Officer Thursday confirms what most Canadians are already feeling in their pocketbooks.

That is that, contrary to claims by the federal government, they are paying more because of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s carbon tax than they get back in carbon tax rebates.

“Most households in Alberta, Saskatchewan Manitoba and Ontario (the four provinces where the federal carbon tax applies) will see a net loss resulting from federal carbon pricing,” PBO Yves Giroux said.

“That is, the costs they face — including the federal carbon levy, higher GST and lower incomes — will exceed the Climate Action Incentive rebate they receive.”

The study found 60% of households in Alberta, Ontario, Saskatchewan and Manitoba will pay more in carbon taxes than they get in rebates this year, with higher income households paying the most. The remaining 40% will pay less than they get in rebates.

By 2030, 80% of households in Alberta and Ontario will pay more in carbon taxes than they get in rebates, along with 60% in Saskatchewan and Manitoba.

Based on household incomes, the lowest added cost for those receiving less in carbon rebates than they pay in carbon taxes this year is $65 in Manitoba, rising to $581 in 2030.

The highest added cost is $1,925 in Alberta, rising to $7,402 in 2030.

In Ontario, the lowest added cost this year for those receiving less in carbon rebates than they pay in carbon taxes is $124 rising to $941 in 2030. The highest cost is $1,137 this year, rising to $4,866 in 2030.

Giroux’s findings are a reversal from two previous PBO reports in 2019 and 2020 where he concluded most households ended up better off financially from the carbon tax and rebate system.

But he said those studies only looked at the direct fiscal impact of the carbon tax, without considering its negative impact on the economy, which presents a more accurate picture.

They were also done before Trudeau announced he would raise his carbon tax to $170 per tonne of greenhouse gas emissions in 2030. Currently it’s $40 per tonne of emissions rising to $50 per tonne April

Last edited by pelmet on Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Meanwhile, here are some minor little details that the tax and spend liberals/NDP for some reason fail to tell you....

The federal government’s carbon tax could generate more than $5 billion from the federal sales tax over the next seven years, but none of that is directly earmarked for climate programs.

The latest figures come from the parliamentary budget officer and are based on a private member’s bill introduced last fall by Conservative MP Alex Ruff that would eliminate the sales tax from carbon tax completely.

Article content
Article content
The revenue from the carbon tax itself is required by law to be returned to households and businesses through rebates and granting programs.

But that does not apply to the sales tax, which is collected on top of the carbon tax.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... ns-gst-hst

Now you know why your standard of living is going down. They want your money. And the climate will not be one slight bit affected by your sacrifice.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Thanks for the analysis. Could you show us how you came to your conclusion and provide an explanation for this.....

Carbon tax higher than rebate for most

A new report by Canada’s independent, non-partisan Parliamentary Budget Officer Thursday confirms what most Canadians are already feeling in their pocketbooks.

That is that, contrary to claims by the federal government, they are paying more because of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s carbon tax than they get back in carbon tax rebates.

Yes, the PBO report explains it well. It's important to be clear about tax itself vs the economic implications of the tax. The irony is that most people are upset about the price of gas, but they're actually getting a net positive out of that due to the rebate. They're losing out on the tax on industry (which they don't see). If the entire tax was shifted to industry, would people complain as much? They would have zero carbon tax on their gas, and still get a rebate.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Well Captain..... please enlighten me. I have got about 200 dollars back so far from the carbon tax rebate yet every time I get a natural gas heating bill, for example last month was $130. $40 of that was carbon tax alone. Times that by several months you get the picture. Every time I fill up my vehicles I pay carbon tax, which is a tax on a tax. You're living in a fantasy world or are in complete denial if you think you're getting more back than you pay for carbon tax scam. On a positive note you hero JT has the popularity level of herpes right now and his criminal Greepeace hippie Steven Gullible will hopefully be relegated to the history books after the next election, unless they cheat the results.

Let’s Go Brandon
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Inverted2 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:14 am Well Captain..... please enlighten me. I have got about 200 dollars back so far from the carbon tax rebate yet every time I get a natural gas heating bill, for example last month was $130. $40 of that was carbon tax alone. Times that by several months you get the picture. Every time I fill up my vehicles I pay carbon tax, which is a tax on a tax. You're living in a fantasy world or are in complete denial if you think you're getting more back than you pay for carbon tax scam. On a positive note you hero JT has the popularity level of herpes right now and his criminal Greepeace hippie Steven Gullible will hopefully be relegated to the history books after the next election, unless they cheat the results.
Well if you look at the PBO that Pelmet posted above, you'll get the financial details. I see the average annual carbon tax rebate is $1120 in Ontario for a family of 4, so I'm guessing you're above average income. I've never got any rebate (in BC).

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

Don't forget that the problem isn't just subtracting the extra cost at the pump from the carbon rebate to see if you're net positive or negative. Heating bills like Inverted mentioned, but also the added cost of everything else in our lives that touch any level of transportation. Food probably being the most important one. It now cost farmers, wholesalers, transportation companies and retailers, more to get that same product to the grocery store than it did prior to the tax. When this is included into the equation, along with every other product and services, the rebate doesn't even come close to how much more we're paying.

JustaCanadian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by JustaCanadian »

Guyz! Relax. Just trust the science. We need to wait 30 years to see the effect this has on climate. For the young generations this means you get to sacrifice your whole working life to make the world a better place for everyone.

Get your vax and pay your tax. I am the science 😊.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Tbayer2021 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:46 am Don't forget that the problem isn't just subtracting the extra cost at the pump from the carbon rebate to see if you're net positive or negative. Heating bills like Inverted mentioned, but also the added cost of everything else in our lives that touch any level of transportation. Food probably being the most important one. It now cost farmers, wholesalers, transportation companies and retailers, more to get that same product to the grocery store than it did prior to the tax. When this is included into the equation, along with every other product and services, the rebate doesn't even come close to how much more we're paying.
The PBO report already takes those indirect costs into account.

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

CpnCrunch wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:10 am
Tbayer2021 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:46 am Don't forget that the problem isn't just subtracting the extra cost at the pump from the carbon rebate to see if you're net positive or negative. Heating bills like Inverted mentioned, but also the added cost of everything else in our lives that touch any level of transportation. Food probably being the most important one. It now cost farmers, wholesalers, transportation companies and retailers, more to get that same product to the grocery store than it did prior to the tax. When this is included into the equation, along with every other product and services, the rebate doesn't even come close to how much more we're paying.
The PBO report already takes those indirect costs into account.
I wonder which side they're erring on.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Tbayer2021 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:15 am I wonder which side they're erring on.
Side? I'm guessing they're trying to be as accurate and neutral as possible, and I haven't seen any suggestion otherwise.

JustaCanadian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by JustaCanadian »

You can't slow inflation with the spending going on, the increase in carbon taxes and the pressure of new immigrants into Canada. BOC next move should be another interest rate hike. Better pay off those outstanding debts. Unless something breaks I can't see rate cuts on the horizon.

Just another way Trudeau shows love for the young middle class families in Canada.

Return to “Covid”