cog test

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
horizon
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:50 am

cog test

Post by horizon »

Can someone tell me what the cog test is?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------
 
eastcoast
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:29 pm

cog test

Post by eastcoast »

check your pm
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
pilotbzh
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 613
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:33 am
Location: yyz

Post by pilotbzh »

based on short and long term memory ,visual reaction, fast learning, they want you to be as fast as you can but avoid mistake, concentrate, do what you can, and remember that AC pilot are not astronauts, even if they think they are.....

I'm Jose Jimenez I want to be an astonaut
---------- ADS -----------
 
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3956
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:46 am

Post by Inverted2 »

Whatever happened to a good ol sim eval?? I know some ppl who must have been pretty darned cognative because they sure couldn't fly but got hired....
---------- ADS -----------
 
Traf
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:40 pm

Post by Traf »

The sim eval should still exist. I know of a couple of pilots that were terrible to fly with that got nipped by the sim evals at different airlines. Wiithout it, there seems to be a lot of square heads getting in.

Too bad for AC!
---------- ADS -----------
 
overrun
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: central canada

Post by overrun »

Any dress code for the cog test??
---------- ADS -----------
 
TFE731
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:47 am

Post by TFE731 »

overrun wrote:Any dress code for the cog test??
Are you serious?!
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Yossarian
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:15 pm

Post by Yossarian »

The cog test will most likely take place on the same day as your interview so I would imagine you are already dressed appropriately.

0
---------- ADS -----------
 
tbone
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:36 pm

good test?

Post by tbone »

I agree that a sim eval is much better..
I thinkI may have messed up the COG test.. I got a "nasty gram" Please don't start saying that I'm mad at the company or anything. I accept responsibility for the fact that I didn't meet the company's standards... but I found the test a very poor instrument.. when I did it the light pen didn't even work.. had many problems witht he hardware.. I told the recruiter this and she told me that "she would note that"...
Anyway, just my opinion.. I'll never know why I didn't get on with AC.. but I thought my interview went very well, and I have, (I think) lots of time?? 4000 hours, 1600 PIC, 750 Turbine PIC, captain time, and some EMB time.. who knows..
Anyway, just my opinion about the cog test.. I would have rather had the chance to show them that I could fly in the sim.. but I know how expensive that is!
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
1FD2
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:36 am

Post by 1FD2 »

Sorry to hear about the Letter...Just to let you know I "heard" the Pen
Not working is part of the test...all the best!!
---------- ADS -----------
 
bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1360
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:35 am
Location: Canada

Post by bcflyer »

T-bone. Sorry to hear about your "nasty-gram" I agree that the cog test doesn't seem to be a good indication of your flying ability. I'm not sure that flying hrs really makes much of difference although 4000hrs probably wouldn't be considered "lots". I know guys with 8000-10000hrs that got the same letter.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Dockjock
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1076
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:46 pm
Location: south saturn delta

Post by Dockjock »

4000 hrs is lot's of time everywhere but Canada.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Air Canada”