Page 1 of 1

Survey work in the Montreal/Ottawa area

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2024 9:15 am
by bearsarefriendshaped
Hi there!
Does anybody have any insights about the working conditions in the following companies:
- Sander Geophysics (SGL)
- CGG
- Kasi
I'm willing to try the aerial adventure for a few seasons (I'm brand new to it).
Seams like a fun, well paid way to build multi-time! Where's the catch? What's there to avoid?

Thanks,

Mat
(+400TT)

Re: Survey work in the Montreal/Ottawa area

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2024 10:08 pm
by Roar
Hi Mat,

I spent 12 years flying Survey missions. I think it’s a great way to start your career, multi PIC time is King, you’ll get lots of good experience and it’s a fun job where you’re actually flying a plane not just pushing buttons.
The catch is you will be working in remote locations with little creature comforts (but that can be its own adventure), and you will be away from home for long periods of time, all the survey companies have a way of keeping you out longer then was originally agreed upon.
I don’t know anything about Kasi or CGG but Sanders has been around a long time and is a solid company as far as I know.

Re: Survey work in the Montreal/Ottawa area

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2024 8:54 am
by YOWFLYER
Hey. Thanks for the good info. Do you know who is the chief pilot at sanders currently?