easa 66 b1

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
vasily
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:43 am
Location: LED

easa 66 b1

Post by vasily »

hi all!

I've got the final letter from Canadian consulate… now I’m allowed to come to Canada. Of course a lot of questions appear: what to do there, where to leave, where to work…
I’m 15 years experienced mechanic and just few weeks ago to my ICAO II have got EASA Part 66 B1 Danish license (A320-family, MD80).
Could you please give me any ideas?
---------- ADS -----------
 
brgds,
Vasily
User avatar
Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 12:00 pm

Post by Troubleshot »

-Air Canada

-Skyservice Airlines


both have 320 family aircraft, but you'll want to get your AME licence M2 catergory first.
---------- ADS -----------
 
vasily
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:43 am
Location: LED

Post by vasily »

both have 320 family aircraft, but you'll want to get your AME licence M2 catergory first.[/quote]


it means no way to transfer aml b1 to ame m2?
---------- ADS -----------
 
brgds,
Vasily
User avatar
Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 904
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:36 pm
Location: all over

Post by Pat Richard »

Your license is not transferable. Last I checked, you have to prove to Transport Canada your training, and then they allow you to write the required exams. TC does'nt recognize your license. You basically are in the same postion as an apprentice. :cry:
Do a "search" here. Im sure this has been discussed in detail here before. As I don't spend much effort keeping up with TC's latest news, possibly something has changed in this matter, and I stand corrected. Otherwise, I think you will find what's written above to be accurate.

Personally, Canada would be the last place I'd consider going for aviation work, especially if I had an B1 license with A320 time.


Good luck

Pat
---------- ADS -----------
 
http://mindflipbooks.ca/
aero-singidunum
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:03 am

Post by aero-singidunum »

Pat is right on. Exams must be done at TC and then you can have you m2.
---------- ADS -----------
 
vasily
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:43 am
Location: LED

Post by vasily »

eeex (russian :cry: )...

Its not a big deal to get the job with b1 even in russia but I must be at Canada before the middle of March next year...

thanx for answers :)
---------- ADS -----------
 
brgds,
Vasily
vasily
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:43 am
Location: LED

Post by vasily »

WhiteLaney666 wrote:http://AllMariahCarey.info
:? or :oops: or something else?
---------- ADS -----------
 
brgds,
Vasily
milendimitrovbg
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:01 am
Location: British Columbia

Post by milendimitrovbg »

Hi
I was in the same position four years ago when landed in Canada. EASA B1, ICAO Type II, FAA ,Australian licenses in the pocket, bunch of type ratings and 15 years experience.
Believe or not but TC multiplayed me by zero.Then I passed all exams and shit and finaly got my M2 license. Then 3 years looked for ANY job in the aviation in Canada but with no success.
One day I realised that the aviation in Canada is a bullshit. Packed my stuff and moved back to Germany. Now I am a contractor with good pay ( 45 euro p/h) and will never go back to Canada.
NEVER!!!
---------- ADS -----------
 
splitpin
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:40 pm
Location: West Coast

Post by splitpin »

milendimitrovbg wrote:Hi
I was in the same position four years ago when landed in Canada. EASA B1, ICAO Type II, FAA ,Australian licenses in the pocket, bunch of type ratings and 15 years experience.
Believe or not but TC multiplayed me by zero.Then I passed all exams and shit and finaly got my M2 license. Then 3 years looked for ANY job in the aviation in Canada but with no success.
One day I realised that the aviation in Canada is a bullshit. Packed my stuff and moved back to Germany. Now I am a contractor with good pay ( 45 euro p/h) and will never go back to Canada.
NEVER!!!
Fine with us!! Our gain, your loss!!
---------- ADS -----------
 
gli77
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:59 am
Location: Over there and to the left.

Post by gli77 »

As someone already posted you should try Skyservice airlines. Dont be confused skyservice is a big company and also have an air ambulance and corporate division.

My advice would be to try to get on with either Skyservice or Air Canada and then look into the licence. The reason I think that is best is it may be better to have a company behind you when presenting your case to Transport Canada, as opposed to you by yourself.

Good luck and welcome.
---------- ADS -----------
 
splitpin
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:40 pm
Location: West Coast

Re: easa 66 b1

Post by splitpin »

vasily wrote:hi all!

I've got the final letter from Canadian consulate… now I’m allowed to come to Canada. Of course a lot of questions appear: what to do there, where to leave, where to work…
I’m 15 years experienced mechanic and just few weeks ago to my ICAO II have got EASA Part 66 B1 Danish license (A320-family, MD80).
Could you please give me any ideas?
Can't help you "vasily", I'm mostly Rotary Wing, But, "WELCOME TO CANADA!!"
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Maintenance”