Page 1 of 2

North-Wright.....

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:55 am
by Doc
These guys require an MBA to be a Ramp Rat! ROTFLMFAO!!

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:07 pm
by NWA CP
And they might put you on a Caravan with 1300 hours and you might have to go flying in ice.....................But at least you will be smater than that!

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:21 pm
by wallypilot
What's wrong with going on a caravan at 1300 hours? if you've been sloggin' around all winter in a 206, no reason you can't make the progression.

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:38 pm
by Pete
yeah i read this on that career centre site
Pilots must be in possession of a Flight College Aviation Diplomas.
what the heck is up with that? ive never that on a smaller companies site. mehhh

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:33 am
by Kelowna Pilot
Of course you don't "need" an MBA to work the ramp. You don't really need Grade 1 to work the ramp.

But by setting the qualifications slightly higher than the average they're saving themselves the hassle of being deluded with a 1000 resumes.

500 resumes would be easier to manage from the poor secretaries point of view.

You could also make the argument that college grads are easier to train, but that's a whole other 999 threads that's been argued to death...

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:33 am
by bcguy2004
Their rationale was, that more often than not, it was easier to train a 200hr wonder with a diploma to sit right seat in a turbine right away and to fly PIC without alot of supervision on a light single.

You won't sit on the ramp/office for long before a gaggle of others above you go to Borek and open up spots. Although that problem has been mitigated by a bond of sorts.

The other thing was that they aren't just a quick drive to get to, its a bit of an undertaking to get there,and all of your crap with you.

Man that place is a hole...get in, get your time FAST and get the hell out....

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:16 pm
by PT6-114A
You could also make the argument that college grads are easier to train
What ever :butthead:

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:18 am
by Kelowna Pilot
What ever
Hahaha, you talk like a Valley Girl!

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:36 am
by 2low
an easy one!

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:43 am
by Rowdy
Are you guys callin me easy? I mean.. I may be cheap... :shock:

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:43 am
by altiplano
bcguy2004 wrote:Their rationale was, that more often than not, it was easier to train a 200hr wonder with a diploma to sit right seat in a turbine right away and to fly PIC without alot of supervision on a light single.
HAHAHAHA - BULLSHIT............ You must be an aviation diploma holder!

But Norman Wells is a good place for all you college grads - you can have it!

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:45 am
by altiplano
Rowdy wrote:Are you guys callin me easy? I mean.. I may be cheap... :shock:
Rowdy - don't sell yourself short - we all know you're easy...

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:36 pm
by canpilot
Yeah, I was wondering about that job post. I thought requirements (flight time/ college etc) were being lowered? Apparently not.

It also looks like they require a University degree to work the ramp? Would they take someone in the process of finishing a degree? hmm

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:49 pm
by bcguy2004
altiplano wrote:
bcguy2004 wrote:Their rationale was, that more often than not, it was easier to train a 200hr wonder with a diploma to sit right seat in a turbine right away and to fly PIC without alot of supervision on a light single.
HAHAHAHA - BULLSHIT............ You must be an aviation diploma holder!

But Norman Wells is a good place for all you college grads - you can have it!
Thanks smacktard, if you can READ, the post said :"THEIR RATIONALE WAS..."

"THEIR" being Northwright. Merry Christmas and drop dead. :evil:

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:10 pm
by altiplano
bcguy2004 wrote:
altiplano wrote:
bcguy2004 wrote:Their rationale was, that more often than not, it was easier to train a 200hr wonder with a diploma to sit right seat in a turbine right away and to fly PIC without alot of supervision on a light single.
HAHAHAHA - BULLSHIT............ You must be an aviation diploma holder!

But Norman Wells is a good place for all you college grads - you can have it!
Thanks smacktard, if you can READ, the post said :"THEIR RATIONALE WAS..."

"THEIR" being Northwright. Merry Christmas and drop dead. :evil:
Testy, testy, take it easy there spanky... thou doth protest too much...

Let's get it straight. You wrote it - and I suspect as such likely believe it... Otherwise you wouldn't have your panties in such a knot over my joking about it.

Happy Hannukah and BLOW A GOAT polesmoker.

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:24 pm
by bcguy2004
altiplano wrote:
bcguy2004 wrote:
altiplano wrote: HAHAHAHA - BULLSHIT............ You must be an aviation diploma holder!

But Norman Wells is a good place for all you college grads - you can have it!
Thanks smacktard, if you can READ, the post said :"THEIR RATIONALE WAS..."

"THEIR" being Northwright. Merry Christmas and drop dead. :evil:
Testy, testy, take it easy there spanky... thou doth protest too much...

Let's get it straight. You wrote it - and I suspect as such likely believe it... Otherwise you wouldn't have your panties in such a knot over my joking about it.

Happy Hannukah and BLOW A GOAT polesmoker.
Yes I wrote it, because those were the words straight from the North Wright chief pilots mouth.

A retelling of the facts per se.

You are a perfect example of why I prefer single pilot ops.

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:58 pm
by altiplano
bcguy2004 wrote:Yes I wrote it, because those were the words straight from the North Wright chief pilots mouth.

A retelling of the facts per se.

You are a perfect example of why I prefer single pilot ops.
You are the kinda guy that isn't going to move beyond single pilot ops - learn to take a joke and thicken up that skin-o-yours...

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:24 pm
by Rowdy
altiplano wrote:
Rowdy wrote:Are you guys callin me easy? I mean.. I may be cheap... :shock:
Rowdy - don't sell yourself short - we all know you're easy...
Easy to please :wink:

Some people on here need to SETTLE DOWN! hahaha

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:33 pm
by Shady McSly
settle the @#$! down and quit wearing out the "quote" button.

You need a University degree because in the morning you throw bags on the ramp and in the afternoon you develop fiscal policy and audit the trial balance.

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:54 am
by Clarence
Pete wrote:yeah i read this on that career centre site
Pilots must be in possession of a Flight College Aviation Diplomas.
what the heck is up with that? ive never that on a smaller companies site. mehhh
yummm so does that mean that someone with a reg BA or BSci isnt easy to train????

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:10 am
by bcguy2004
altiplano wrote:...

You are the kinda guy that isn't going to move beyond single pilot ops ...
Uh yeah, that's the idea.

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:20 pm
by overshoot
This one's for all you non schoolers,

Welcome to the 21st century. Where can you get a career without having an education? By no means am I saying that a position on the ramp with North-Wright is a career, but it will lead to a flying position. After a couple years you will be in the airlines, where, I will give you some advice, education is pretty much required. What industry, what trade, what lifelong carreer doesn't require a few years at school. The one's who seem to be complaining are the ones who don't have any schooling. Why is that. Why should pilots sit around complaining about low pay and being treated poorly by employers and then think they don't require an education! Get real!!! You can't make more that $80 grand in this day and age without an education. Save winning the lottery. For you people without an education, my recommendation is to go to school. Raise the bar. Make being an educated pilot the industry standard. Make your job worth more than 80 thou. Think about it. North-Wright has the right idea. They are raising the bar, raising the standard. Soon this will be the requirement everywhere for airlines big and small. This is benefitting the company I am sure in many ways. I think someone was using their head when they started this policy.

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:36 pm
by Cat Driver
" You can't make more that $80 grand in this day and age without an education. "

Some of the most wealthy people in society had very little formal education.

Of all the jobs that one would want to pursue being a pilot requires less formal education than most.

All that is really needed is the ability to read and write and some understanding of how to add and subtract.

It also helps to be able to problem solve and be satisfied with a hand to mouth living standard for the first few years.

Bottom line is being a pilot is marginally above driving a truck as far as the need for education goes.

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:00 pm
by jim_from_texas
Overshoot
I'm ''uneducated'' like you seem to think about pilots who didn't go to uni or college. I never worked on the ramp, never worked up north, never flew for pay to fly companies, I had very few contacts in the industry, I've gotten lucky once or twice but most of all I worked hard and persisted through all the ups and downs of this industry. 3000+h tt, PA31, BE200 and a DHC8. Right now flying widebody overseas and making 80 grand after tax, captain upgrade in max 10 years. Which means that by the time I'm 37 I'll be a widebody PIC. Although I wish that I had gone to university I DO NOT regret the decisions I made leaving High School. Good luck in whatever you do!

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:29 pm
by Shady McSly
10 years as as a co-pilot?!? @#$! that! I want to fly an airplane not be someone's bitch for a decade. Money means shit.

You don't even need a high school diploma to be a pilot. No employer has ever asked me what schooling I have...suckers!