Yet another thread about the ATPL exams

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
dangerous
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:24 am
Location: Miramar, California

Yet another thread about the ATPL exams

Post by dangerous »

Does anyone know if you're expected to know the Commercial Air Service standards (CARs 720-726) for the exams? The new ATPL study and reference guide doesn't mention these sections, but they are refered to in CARs 700-705.

I also noticed that the study guide doesn't say anything about aerial work or air taxi operations (CARs 702, 703). I guess this means I don't have to know it?

Anyone write the exams recently and care to comment? I'm looking at the October 2006 edition of the study guide.
---------- ADS -----------
 
"Yeah. There is a problem. You...because you're dangerous. You're dangerous and foolish - and that makes you dangerous! Now, let's cut the...crap. We've got a plane to fly. Let's try to be on time, okay?"
~Val Kilmer, Saturday Night Live
Marauder
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:33 am

Post by Marauder »

I wrote the exam two years ago and took Aerocourse. Air taxi was on the exam. The Commercial Air Standards were not.
---------- ADS -----------
 
V1ummmm
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:06 pm

Post by V1ummmm »

Don't remember anything about Commercial Air Standards, but got stuff about FDRs, CVRs, and stuff about weather radar requirements. You should know 703 stuff, if not to separate it from 704 req's. Don't think I got any 705 stuff at all.
---------- ADS -----------
 
dangerous
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:24 am
Location: Miramar, California

Post by dangerous »

Thanks guys. It looks like they removed the 702/703 stuff from the study and reference guide because it's not on the 20th edition (Oct 2006), but it is on the 19th edition (2002). Makes sense, because that stuff is covered on the CPL exam.

Anyone write the SARON since last October?
---------- ADS -----------
 
"Yeah. There is a problem. You...because you're dangerous. You're dangerous and foolish - and that makes you dangerous! Now, let's cut the...crap. We've got a plane to fly. Let's try to be on time, okay?"
~Val Kilmer, Saturday Night Live
heeypilot
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:49 am

Post by heeypilot »

just go man up and write them already.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”