Question about widow
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
Question about widow
We all feel for the loss of widows husband,but who else is getting tired of all her posts....
-
Pilot_adam
- Rank 5

- Posts: 393
- Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 3:28 pm
- Location: CYHM
Re: Question about widow
No one , I actually keep reading her posts and admire her determination...confused wrote:We all feel for the loss of widows husband,but who else is getting tired of all her posts....
You don't have to read them,and no one will make ya
Adam
-
2milefinal
- Rank 6

- Posts: 429
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:36 pm
-
happily.retired
- Rank 4

- Posts: 225
- Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:52 pm
- Location: Variable
At least she is writing valuable, informative and relivant posts rather than just attacking fellow members of our community. Be bored and contemptuous all you want but keep it to yourself. I believe there is a fairly obvious solution to that bug up your butt. If you can't quite figure it out for yourself check out Pilot_adam's last comment.
-
YYZ_Instructor
- Rank 1

- Posts: 39
- Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:42 am
I as well find her posts very informative! I think Widow is on the right track, and if more of us that are in aviation would stop being so blind, we could maybe change all this. Without the pilots there is no aviation. You think Mr. CEO or Chief Pilot are going to get up at 3am to fly?
You keep going Widow! I'm behind you on this one....
Good luck
You keep going Widow! I'm behind you on this one....
Good luck
We should be grateful that people left behind seek improvements to avoid similar fates so that those who have died in pursuit of the job they love do not die in vain.
Getting to the truth of what caused an accident means that you are best able to prevent another occurance in the future .
That is in everyones interest .
Getting to the truth of what caused an accident means that you are best able to prevent another occurance in the future .
That is in everyones interest .
Re: Question about widow
finally somebody said it .... thank you budconfused wrote:We all feel for the loss of widows husband,but who else is getting tired of all her posts....
I admire her strength after having experienced such a tragedy...WIDOW you are an inspiration for people who feel they dont have a voice...keep your head up and dont allow people like this to take the wind out of your sails!
Your husband would be honored to know you are so passionate!
Sincerely,
Tesox
Your husband would be honored to know you are so passionate!
Sincerely,
Tesox
Last edited by tesox on Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"So where'd you get the beauty scar, tough guy? Eatin' pineapple?"
- fingersmac
- Rank 7

- Posts: 606
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:17 pm
Exactly.2R wrote:We should be grateful that people left behind seek improvements to avoid similar fates so that those who have died in pursuit of the job they love do not die in vain.
Feel free to skip over her threads if you're tired of reading about her mission...but don't dis her for trying to make our industry a little safer. I admire your persistence Widow.
-
snaproll20
- Rank 7

- Posts: 636
- Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:50 pm
-
sky's the limit
- Rank Moderator

- Posts: 4614
- Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:38 am
- Location: Now where's the starter button on this thing???
Are you tired of her posts or are they making you feel uncomfortable? People who work in a certain field can come to accept things as unchangeable because "it's always been that way". Often we need an outsider to ask why the emperor has no clothes!
I would also point out that the likelyhood of her being on the right track increases in direct porportion to the number of people trying, unsuccessfully, to prove her wrong! I would suggest that she is a little off target in selected areas (No, TC can't retrieve EVERY crashed aircraft and engine from wherever they come to rest. It would bancrupt us and provide little, if any new data.) but I believe her general aim to be on the money. (Why can't we see some money for a "Cap stone" system on the West coast?)
I would also point out that the likelyhood of her being on the right track increases in direct porportion to the number of people trying, unsuccessfully, to prove her wrong! I would suggest that she is a little off target in selected areas (No, TC can't retrieve EVERY crashed aircraft and engine from wherever they come to rest. It would bancrupt us and provide little, if any new data.) but I believe her general aim to be on the money. (Why can't we see some money for a "Cap stone" system on the West coast?)
Last edited by Blakey on Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you!
This one?

When I started posting here, this seemed strangely appropriate to how I felt. But when the "quest for justice" began, it was suggested that perhaps my avatar did not lend itself to being taken seriously. My current avatar is a photo of the plaque we placed at the bay where my husband was found. I must say, though, I often still feel like the lady up there!
Oh, I'd be interested in a poll myself. For those of you who are tired of me ... if you turned out to be the majority, I would remove myself from the board and leave very grateful for everything I have learned here, and through those of you who have given me support privately.

When I started posting here, this seemed strangely appropriate to how I felt. But when the "quest for justice" began, it was suggested that perhaps my avatar did not lend itself to being taken seriously. My current avatar is a photo of the plaque we placed at the bay where my husband was found. I must say, though, I often still feel like the lady up there!
Oh, I'd be interested in a poll myself. For those of you who are tired of me ... if you turned out to be the majority, I would remove myself from the board and leave very grateful for everything I have learned here, and through those of you who have given me support privately.
Former Advocate for Floatplane Safety
confused and jay-f, you are kind of publicly soiling yourselves. I just wanted to point it out in case you hadn't noticed.
We aren't going to need a poll.
Widow, you can post as much as you want, don't pay attention to anyone who says otherwise.
I mean, really... that's the whole point of this forum, isn't it? What we do here on AvCanada forums is engage in discussion, tell stories, ask questions and learn from others. Why on earth would we discourage Widow from posting?
If you don't want to read someone's posts, it aint that hard to ignore them. Widow follows forum rules; she clearly puts a lot of thought into her posts, and she is certainly less offensive than a fair chunk of our posters.
Seriously, it would be shameful if we attempted to limit another person's method of connecting with others who share a common experience and background.
And none of this is even taking into account her personal tragedy. You know, the one where her husband died in a plane crash, and she's taken a particular interest in trying to keep other pilots from dying in plane crashes. Are you guys pilots? I'm a pilot and I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would actively discourage those efforts.
Widow, keep on keepin' on.
We aren't going to need a poll.
Widow, you can post as much as you want, don't pay attention to anyone who says otherwise.
I mean, really... that's the whole point of this forum, isn't it? What we do here on AvCanada forums is engage in discussion, tell stories, ask questions and learn from others. Why on earth would we discourage Widow from posting?
If you don't want to read someone's posts, it aint that hard to ignore them. Widow follows forum rules; she clearly puts a lot of thought into her posts, and she is certainly less offensive than a fair chunk of our posters.
Seriously, it would be shameful if we attempted to limit another person's method of connecting with others who share a common experience and background.
And none of this is even taking into account her personal tragedy. You know, the one where her husband died in a plane crash, and she's taken a particular interest in trying to keep other pilots from dying in plane crashes. Are you guys pilots? I'm a pilot and I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would actively discourage those efforts.
Widow, keep on keepin' on.
Widow, if your pursuit is for safety of the industry, than forget polls or popularity surveys, do what you think is right...persue the justice you seek...NO one can tell you that its wrong to fight for what you believe in...stay strong...remember your purpose
"So where'd you get the beauty scar, tough guy? Eatin' pineapple?"
-
Mitch Cronin
- Rank 8

- Posts: 914
- Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:15 am
- Location: Right beside my dog again...
Amen Sulako!
Yes'm Widow, you keep on doing whatever you feel is right!
Y'know... to my way of thinking, you were given all the right in the world to take your time in a place like this when this business cost you your husband.... but when you add to that what you've been up to since - what some call "your mission" has been... I'm mind boggled that anyone in this business would object!?
Like I said before... most of us would be as content as content can be to know our wives would do even half as much to find the true cause of our deaths! You do your husband proud Kirsten.
Confused, you ought to feel lucky that a cyber smack doesn't hurt as much as a real one!
And I reckon you and Jay-f both owe widow an apology!
Yes'm Widow, you keep on doing whatever you feel is right!
Y'know... to my way of thinking, you were given all the right in the world to take your time in a place like this when this business cost you your husband.... but when you add to that what you've been up to since - what some call "your mission" has been... I'm mind boggled that anyone in this business would object!?
Like I said before... most of us would be as content as content can be to know our wives would do even half as much to find the true cause of our deaths! You do your husband proud Kirsten.
Confused, you ought to feel lucky that a cyber smack doesn't hurt as much as a real one!
And I reckon you and Jay-f both owe widow an apology!
Widow,
first things first! Why did you have to post a bigger version of your old avatar, why?!? It freaks me out. Talk about a candidate for the creepiest avatar of the year. wink:
Oh and I will be the first one to say that sometimes I do roll my eyes and say to myself "what did she dig up now?". And if someone doesn't like your posts as I sometimes do, click to the next topic, what's the big deal?
But seriously, please do not give up. Disregard the naysayers. Stay true to your goals. Like Blakey said, there is probably little to learn from recovering the engine. Even if it WAS the fault of the engine, you have to realize that it is a reliable workhorse and there won't be a "smoking gun" attached to it that will prevent more accidents in the future. (if you ever try to retrieve it again, please make sure the recovery team has deep sea location transponders to leave at the wreck site so that they will not waste 3 days looking all over for what has been found before)
Your biggest achievement would be in pursuing the "why was my husband not pulled out of the water alive" route.
Something similar to the FAA's "capstone" would be one way of doing it.
If you manage to convince Garmin to incorporate a 2 way sat link into their G1000 I'll buy you a case of your favourite single malt.
(Don't think I am generous, I will collect a bottle from every pilot who'll admit that it saved his arse. I'm getting the wetter end of the deal)
As for the safety award of the year for 2006? Probably not but sometime in the future I see it as a definite possibility if you don't give up.
BP
first things first! Why did you have to post a bigger version of your old avatar, why?!? It freaks me out. Talk about a candidate for the creepiest avatar of the year. wink:
Oh and I will be the first one to say that sometimes I do roll my eyes and say to myself "what did she dig up now?". And if someone doesn't like your posts as I sometimes do, click to the next topic, what's the big deal?
But seriously, please do not give up. Disregard the naysayers. Stay true to your goals. Like Blakey said, there is probably little to learn from recovering the engine. Even if it WAS the fault of the engine, you have to realize that it is a reliable workhorse and there won't be a "smoking gun" attached to it that will prevent more accidents in the future. (if you ever try to retrieve it again, please make sure the recovery team has deep sea location transponders to leave at the wreck site so that they will not waste 3 days looking all over for what has been found before)
Your biggest achievement would be in pursuing the "why was my husband not pulled out of the water alive" route.
Something similar to the FAA's "capstone" would be one way of doing it.
If you manage to convince Garmin to incorporate a 2 way sat link into their G1000 I'll buy you a case of your favourite single malt.
(Don't think I am generous, I will collect a bottle from every pilot who'll admit that it saved his arse. I'm getting the wetter end of the deal)
As for the safety award of the year for 2006? Probably not but sometime in the future I see it as a definite possibility if you don't give up.
BP
-
Highflyinpilot
- Rank 8

- Posts: 865
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:30 am
- Location: Holy Hell, is that what you look like in the morning
Sully has it right, as usual. Thank you.
For those of you with the low foreheads, have you noticed that the crash that took her husband also killed the pilot? He was never found, I believe. Maybe you lot will be able to grow old and continue to be annoying well into your old age because of the efforts of people like Widow.
Mixed blessing, I guess.
Put me down on the pro side.
For those of you with the low foreheads, have you noticed that the crash that took her husband also killed the pilot? He was never found, I believe. Maybe you lot will be able to grow old and continue to be annoying well into your old age because of the efforts of people like Widow.
Mixed blessing, I guess.
Put me down on the pro side.
"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."




