Page 1 of 1

Canadian Kenworth C-FCKW ???

Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:37 am
by longjon
There is mention of Turbo Beaver CKW in another thread and I was wondering if anybody knows the history of this machine.

Has it been in BC all this time? I worked on it when Canadian Kenworth had it and it was hangared in Vancouver.

Just a few years back.

Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:44 am
by twotter
Still here... Still Orange and white.. On Whips now with lots of ther mods..

Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:27 pm
by c185

Re: Canadian Kenworth C-FCKW ???

Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:49 am
by wieesso
[quote="longjon"]There is mention of Turbo Beaver CKW in another thread and I was wondering if anybody knows the history of this machine.
[/quote]
http://dhc-2.com/id482.htm

Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:54 am
by twotter
Pretty much what it says on the Beaver site..

Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:17 pm
by Siddley Hawker
Geez, I flew that airplane in 1969! :o

Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:06 am
by Human Factor
I wrenched on that airplane back in 2002 at Viking Air. 8)

Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:28 pm
by longjon
Did an engine change on it 1973 at Atlantic Aviation.

Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:10 pm
by Lommer
I fuelled that airplane just two years ago. :lol:

Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:21 pm
by twotter
I watched it taxi by today, does that count? :wink:

Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:30 pm
by Unusual Attitude
I sat in it the other day, beat that! She's a beauty! Still owned by Kenworth but, from what I understand, not maintained or crewed by Telus anymore. Kenworth has owned it since new and its still got the original paint scheme. One of my favourite Beavers for sure.

Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:39 pm
by twotter
I was just in it today, nothing overly fancy on the dash except the one fancy garmin thing.. A nice -34 on the nose now. Seems to be in not bad shape and I'm sure that will improve with the new shop that's looking after it..

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:48 pm
by longjon
Is this in the lower main land? Which AMO has her now?

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:03 am
by twotter
Still based in YVR.. Alex is looking after it now..

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:29 pm
by longjon
Alex Van Dornic or Alex Zokaloski?

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:25 pm
by twotter
Sage..

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:41 pm
by longjon
thanx

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:51 pm
by Bubbaganoosh
speaking of turbo beavers. I see the cops were flashing around in one on amphibs up Smithers way the other day. Yellow and blue thing, paint scheme looks like shite. Anyway, some dork from Ontario is apparently flying the thing and they are out to bust balls all around central western b.c. Anyone doing any funny gypo guiding ventures should be warned. Just watch for a gaudy looking turbo beav, you'll see it coming from 50 miles away 8)

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:16 pm
by longjon
Someone posted a picture of the RCMP Air Division Turbo Beaver here a while back and I thought it looked good.

Most times they are just doing their job so why the negative comment.

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:35 pm
by Unusual Attitude
I think it looks outstanding. C-FMPC s/n 1300. Here's the link to some pictures http://www.dhc-2.com/id314.htm I understand it's based in PG. Kinda funny that after all these years they're going back to the Turbo Beaver. Still my favourite airplane...

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:12 pm
by 5400AirportRdSouth
Beautiful Machine. Paint job is unique, I'll give it that, kinda looks like the yellow stripe down the RCMP uniform pants. But the blue looks a little off, not quite RC blue, y'know?

Anyone doing any " funny gypo guiding ventures " should be warned by more than the RC's. Some loser piles it in because he figures he knows better than the everyone else and can get away with something, makes everyone else look bad and that much harder for the next guy trying to do things on the up and up.

Now that I think about it, maybe I'll apply for the position of " dork from Ontario " and go flying around up north and bust me some balls.

5400

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:33 pm
by Bubbaganoosh
Is the job up for grabs - can ya fly around with your sireen blarin and whoopin:?: If'n it is, I'll have to apply and bust me some major balls :)