AVCANADA

It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:30 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:16 pm 
Rank 5
Rank 5

Guys and gals, any info would be greatly appreciated on this matter regarding the best IFR school that does initial and re-rides as I am preparing for one now. I want to know who has the best twin and instructors that will give me the necessary needs to pass my re-ride Class 1 instrument rating.
TRAVEL IS NO PROBLEM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:36 pm 
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Turn off your caps lock. Even for your subject line.

ahramin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:11 pm 
Rank 10
Rank 10

perimeter seems to be a fav, same with pro ifr. i haven't used either so I can't give you my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:25 pm 
Rank 1
Rank 1

With a view to doing a renewal, I thnk there was a thread a while back, (befoe Avcanada went to this nice new format), in which ther was a discussion as to how best do a renewal ride.

The first is go to a flight school with a twin; the second is to get a PPC or a PCC, which I believe will also count as your renewal. Am I right?........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:26 pm 
Rank 8
Rank 8

yup... think so

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:41 am 
Rank 3
Rank 3

Find an istructor you like a plane that works and get it done if its a reride shouldn't take that long that you have to go shopping. I do not like some of the product from the canned schools just not enough time to understand IFR. But that being said if your in a hurry its nice to know that there is a deadline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:13 am 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

FA28 guy wrote:
Find an istructor you like a plane that works and get it done if its a reride shouldn't take that long

Very true and just beware of those who want to drag it on and on so they can build more multi time at your expense! Lots of those out there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:25 pm 
Rank 3
Rank 3

You should be able to figure out who want todrag you on. But if your rating is current or expired for less than 2 years you do not need anybody's written recommandation to go for a flight test. All schools have one or two instructors that count the minutes and seconds of every flight usually they are easy to spot.