Page 1 of 1

Server upgrade

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:49 pm
by avcanada
I plan to upgrade the server over the next 24-36 hours. This will result in down time for I hope no more than one hour but the work could run longer.

The upgrade involves all new hardware and upgrades to software. This is a major step towards allowing for new features, growth, and stability.

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:20 am
by TC Guy
Cool, Joe.

Thanks so much for you efforts.

-Guy

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:15 am
by Flybaby
I think we all owe Joe a big thank you.

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:28 am
by Rudder Bug
You bet Flybabe.

Thanks so much Joe for such a web site. I'm addicted!

RB

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:32 am
by Widow
Me too! Many thanks to Joe, and the mods!

Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:50 am
by avcanada
Your welcome!

The server upgrade should be completed by Wednesday night.

The upgrade should result in no down time if I am lucky.

Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:31 pm
by avcanada
The mysql server is crashing every night at 00:00 EST or 9:00 P.M. PST. This is giving approximately 15 minutes of downtime which I am still trouble shooting. I am hoping that the upgrade will remove this bug that has been around for almost three weeks now. The upgrade should be completed by tomorrow evening.

Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:49 pm
by Rowdy
Joe

Thanks again for all you do! Aviation in canada wouldn't be the same without this site.

I know I wouldn't be the same without it :wink: