Page 1 of 1

Wild rice

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:02 pm
by canadadry
Hello,

Do you have any informations about wild rice harvesting ( beginning of season, companies,.....)

I'm currently working for a lodge in NWO, flying a C206 on floats and I'll be laid off by the end of august, looking for a job to finish the season !

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks in advance,

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:42 am
by birdlegs
There's usually a pretty good harvest in northern Sask, especially near LaRonge. Transwest hauls a bunch of it but it's what usually keeps their drivers busy after the camp flying slows down in the fall. I think it was only for a couple of weeks though.

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:23 pm
by canadadry
ok, thanks for the reply Birdlegs !!

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:22 pm
by confused
What time do you have on the 206,or any other planes for that matter.I may know of someone who is looking.

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:46 pm
by canadadry
500TT / 300 floats / 200 C206 Float, will have probably 100 more by the end of august !