east coast jobs

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
User avatar
timeposter
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:18 pm

east coast jobs

Post by timeposter »

who are the good operators out on the east coast? NL in particular. if any at all. any info would be appreciated

timeposter
---------- ADS -----------
 
conehead
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:32 pm

Post by conehead »

---------- ADS -----------
 
conehead
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:32 pm

Post by conehead »

---------- ADS -----------
 
conehead
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:32 pm

Post by conehead »

I don't know if these outfits are "good operators"..... but they are hiring!
---------- ADS -----------
 
.300 Weatherby Mag
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Earth

Post by .300 Weatherby Mag »

The bigest problem with the east is they rape you when it comes to wages.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Chuck Ellsworth
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:49 am
Location: Always moving

Post by Chuck Ellsworth »

The bigest problem with the east is they rape you when it comes to wages.



But you don't have to rape the women as they are very willing, and you don't need money for sex.
---------- ADS -----------
 
The most difficult thing about flying is knowing when to say no.

After over a half a century of flying I can not remember even one trip that I refused to do that resulted in someone getting killed because of my decision not to fly.
Mech-Pilot
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Near Alliston,ON

Post by Mech-Pilot »

.300 Weatherby Mag wrote:The bigest problem with the east is they rape you when it comes to wages.
I have to aggree, but you also have to look at the cost of living!! Also don't forget the women to men ratio in Nfld is awesome. God I love George St!
---------- ADS -----------
 
I'll never admit of being smart, I"ll admit of being well informed!
User avatar
log sheet
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:27 am
Location: Northwestern ON, but the Heart belongs to the Rock!lol

Post by log sheet »

Cost of living in NF is no different than anywhere else! Food, gas, electricity,clothing and so on! Wal-Mart is Wal-Mart no matter where in Canada you live. As a matter of fact on average gas prices have been higher than where I live now! A new house in St. John's is going to set you back 200-250K,just check it out.
NF employers have always payed less because they can! We all want to be back home! They know that and that's what they are counting on! Smart buisness tactic.
Or do we? Seems to me there are more advertised jobs back home now than 12yrs ago in Aviation. If NF companies want experienced people they are going to have to start to pay for them! Just my opinion!
Cheers!
---------- ADS -----------
 
GIT-R-DONE!
Wrench
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:27 pm

Post by Wrench »

I agree 100% with Logsheet. If anything it is more expensive to live in Newfoundland. There is no way in hell i am moving back home for a job that pays less and for a company that likes to lay off a whole shift or work for a company that likes to run there operation like they are down to there last $10. So for all the Newfs that make that venture good luck and i will see you back in the west in a couple of years.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
log sheet
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:27 am
Location: Northwestern ON, but the Heart belongs to the Rock!lol

Post by log sheet »

Off topic, just curious about how many AME/App.'s working in the industry are from Newfoundland?
Where I'm working there are 8.
---------- ADS -----------
 
GIT-R-DONE!
itismedd
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:59 am

Post by itismedd »

I work overseas and this place has 4 newfie's working here and thats including myself.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Canada cargo Inc.
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:58 pm
Location: Alberta
Contact:

East Coast jobs

Post by Canada cargo Inc. »

I absolutely loved flying into Nfld. They have got to be the nicest people in the world. I have never met a Nflder I didn't like.

The cost of living there really sucks though. Almost every man between the ages of 18 and 50 have moved elsewhere to get a decent paying job. In Fort MacMurray, Alberta half the city population speaks Newfinese. They even have a direct flight once a week between Nfld and Ft.Mac.

Here in Calgary, they are running continuous ads in the papers and on TV telling expats to come back home. Maybe back in Nfld they are finally beginning to realize their greatest resource is people and if they want to have a decent life style there they had better start paying decent wages. Sounds like a great idea but I would want to see the available jobs and pay rates before i'd move 4000 miles
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Maintenance”