Aircraft with 24v power supply

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
Torn
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:35 pm

Aircraft with 24v power supply

Post by Torn »

Can anyone provide me with single engine aircraft with 24v power supply? I have been searching google and it apprear's as if the C-206 and C-207's do? is that correct? Can anyone confirm or add any they know of.

Thanks,
Torn
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
MZUNGO
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:45 pm
Location: YVR

Re: Aircraft with 24v power supply

Post by MZUNGO »

i think that most aircraft run on 24vdc system.
---------- ADS -----------
 
xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 5655
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:00 pm
Location: "The Coast"

Re: Aircraft with 24v power supply

Post by xsbank »

I think so too - less/smaller/lighter cabling required.
---------- ADS -----------
 
"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
cessnafloatflyer
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:02 pm

Re: Aircraft with 24v power supply

Post by cessnafloatflyer »

Most Cessnas mid 70s onward... for good cranking too. C-182, 185, 206, 207, 210 etc. The Beaver as well.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Youngback
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:08 pm
Location: 15,070km from CYYJ
Contact:

Re: Aircraft with 24v power supply

Post by Youngback »

On the 206's, 207's and 210's that I have experience on, they were all 12/14 volt systems.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
1000 HP
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:00 am
Location: South-East Asia

Re: Aircraft with 24v power supply

Post by 1000 HP »

If you have ever lifted an original Beaver Battery, or an Otter battery, you'd think they were 96 volts...
---------- ADS -----------
 
Drinking lots of coffee lately, at a nice safe jungle desk, wishing I were flying......
CID
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3544
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:43 am
Location: Canada

Re: Aircraft with 24v power supply

Post by CID »

From what I recall, Cessna switched to 28 volts in the mid to late seventies on all their singles. These days, most airplanes manufactured since then are 28 volts. I don't think I've encountered any 28 volt Cherokees though so I'm not sure what happened with the piper line but their newer twins were 28 volts. I think the old Apaches and Aztecs were 14 volts.

One main advantage of the 14 volt systems was the commonality with automobile electrical parts. Not much of a factor anymore though.

There of course are still alot of the older 14 volt airplanes around. And there are even a few "no volt" Citabrias and J3s etc. around!
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”